HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Proposal: LW Prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1178953)

Perro 04-27-2012 09:49 AM

LW Prospect

Just wondeirng what everyone else feels abotu the below.
LA Trades Hickey to Edmonton for Teemu Hartikainen.
I love the way the guy plays and he always goes to the net getting alot of garbage goals.
Thoughts?

TwoForRoughing 04-27-2012 10:13 AM

Hickey should definitely be traded but I don't think Hartikainen is the answer.

kingsfan 04-27-2012 10:14 AM

I like Hart too. Good, two way hard working player.

Frankly though, I'd rather seek out another deal. It's not that I think it's a bad deal, likely it's a fair deal. I'm just at the point now that we invested so much in Hickey (pick and development) that I want to see him either play at least one game for us, or fizzle out into nothing. Anything we get in a deal for him right now isn't likely to have a huge impact on us anyways, so ride him to he makes it or breaks it.

Telos 04-27-2012 10:28 AM

Hickey+ for MPS.

kingsfan 04-27-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 48922863)
Hickey+ for MPS.

I want MPS so bad. Big time bad.

I wonder what they'd add to MPS to get Forbort.

Perro 04-27-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 48922901)
I want MPS so bad. Big time bad.

I wonder what they'd add to MPS to get Forbort.

I have no interest in MPS. He is Rob Schremp v 2.0.
He's got greta speed but I don't think he will ever have the hands to use it.

tigermask48 04-27-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 48923065)

Sell high, buy low. Hart's stock is definately on the rise, while MPS has dropped considerably this past year. Both are similar players, same age, etc. I'd be good with either but MPS would probably be the cheaper.

Perro 04-27-2012 11:05 AM

I posted this on the oilers proposal board and it got shut down (they wanted Voynov, or even Teemu in a pakcage for Brown!!) So I don't think that either team seems keen on this.
If there is MOD out there please feel free to close as I have recieved my answer.

kingsfan 04-27-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 48923065)

He's anything but Schremp 2.0

MPS is more like a Jere Lehtinen player, a two-way type that has very good penalty killing instincts. It's just a matter of how good his offense will be. He could be a guy that gets 10 goals, 35 points a season, or 30 goals, 60 points a season. He's very smart, hard-working and agreat backchecker. He is anything but the one-dimensional, pouty, trick shooting Schremp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 48924525)
I posted this on the oilers proposal board and it got shut down (they wanted Voynov, or even Teemu in a pakcage for Brown!!) So I don't think that either team seems keen on this.
If there is MOD out there please feel free to close as I have recieved my answer.

It's not really surprising. Think of how we were three or four years ago. We wanted to cling to almost every prospect we had as we were in full rebuild. All our better prospects were golden, all other teams similar prospects were inferior (that seemed to be the board consensus, not the individual posters). It also doesn't help that Hickey is viewed as a bust because of where he was drafted.