HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Toffoli, others recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1179511)

CNS 04-27-2012 10:58 PM

Toffoli, others recalled
 
http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/27...medium=twitter

Quote:

A source has confirmed that Tyler Toffoli will be among the prospects who will join the Kings on a “taxi squad.” Those players might not join the team until it returns to Los Angeles, and I don’t yet have a full list of the players. It’s not yet known whether the Kings intend to have Toffoli play in this series.
No word on the other guys as of yet but I expect a few of them, including at least one of the Monarchs goalies, to get the call as well. Don't expect any to play but you never know come playoff time.

Holden Caulfield 04-27-2012 11:04 PM

Toffoli, Zatkoff, Hickey, Muzzin, Campbell, Cliche, Vey, Kozun, Azevedo, Clune, Andreoff, Hunter is my prediction.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 04-27-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 48956515)
Toffoli, Zatkoff, Hickey, Muzzin, Campbell, Cliche, Vey, Kozun, Azevedo, Clune, Andreoff, Hunter is my prediction.

Can they really call up that many guys?

Peter James Bond 04-27-2012 11:05 PM

I posted this on the pre-game thread, but since this is pertinent to Toffoli, (and I lost 2 weeks life expectancy searching for this article from Septmeber, 2011) I think it's ok to post here:

post-game report from a pre-season game, September 22, 2011:

Impressive game for Toffoli
Posted by Rich Hammond on 22 September 2011, 4:00 pm

Reports from Phoenix last night from Kings coaches, management types and staffers brought solid praise for — in no particular order — players such as Trevor Lewis, Dustin Penner and Jonathan Bernier, but the unofficial award for eye-opener of the night went to Tyler Toffoli, who had one goal and one assist but impressed with his all-around play while skating on a line with Lewis and Ethan Moreau. Toffoli certainly didn’t come out of nowhere. He’s a second-round pick from 2010 who totaled 57 goals and 108 points to lead the OHL last season. Toffoli isn’t expected to make the Kings’ roster out of camp — he has one more season of junior eligibility, and skating and conditioning still need some improvement — but Toffoli did well for himself in the Kings’ 3-2 victory over the Coyotes last night, according to Terry Murray…

MURRAY: “I heard a very good review (of Toffoli) also, so you got the same report I got. We’ve seen it right from the start of the training camp, through the rookie camp and the two games that were played. He’s a guy that shows a lot of composure. He’s very strong on the puck. His skating has improved dramatically from last year, when I first saw him. Now he’s getting that confidence that some players get early (and) some players need to go through some time before they get it. Right now, he’s strong on the puck, playing very confidently, seeing the ice, making plays, taking pucks to the net. When you hear about all that stuff, and you see it, you get a little bit excited. There’s a lot of potential for being a good pro.”

Moses Doughty 04-27-2012 11:07 PM

Good for them to be able to experience it at the very least

Gentle Ben Kenobi 04-27-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter James Bond (Post 48956577)
I posted this on the pre-game thread, but since this is pertinent to Toffoli, (and I lost 2 weeks life expectancy searching for this article from Septmeber, 2011) I think it's ok to post here:

post-game report from a pre-season game, September 22, 2011:

Impressive game for Toffoli
Posted by Rich Hammond on 22 September 2011, 4:00 pm

Reports from Phoenix last night from Kings coaches, management types and staffers brought solid praise for — in no particular order — players such as Trevor Lewis, Dustin Penner and Jonathan Bernier, but the unofficial award for eye-opener of the night went to Tyler Toffoli, who had one goal and one assist but impressed with his all-around play while skating on a line with Lewis and Ethan Moreau. Toffoli certainly didn’t come out of nowhere. He’s a second-round pick from 2010 who totaled 57 goals and 108 points to lead the OHL last season. Toffoli isn’t expected to make the Kings’ roster out of camp — he has one more season of junior eligibility, and skating and conditioning still need some improvement — but Toffoli did well for himself in the Kings’ 3-2 victory over the Coyotes last night, according to Terry Murray…

Dude! It is good to see you posting.

Quote:

MURRAY: “I heard a very good review (of Toffoli) also, so you got the same report I got. We’ve seen it right from the start of the training camp, through the rookie camp and the two games that were played. He’s a guy that shows a lot of composure. He’s very strong on the puck. His skating has improved dramatically from last year, when I first saw him. Now he’s getting that confidence that some players get early (and) some players need to go through some time before they get it. Right now, he’s strong on the puck, playing very confidently, seeing the ice, making plays, taking pucks to the net. When you hear about all that stuff, and you see it, you get a little bit excited. There’s a lot of potential for being a good pro.”
I totally heard Murray's voice when I read this. I don't miss the stoic one.

Holden Caulfield 04-27-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 48956555)
Can they really call up that many guys?

Yup, they are unlimited now, they could have all 50 players under contract with the team now :laugh:

Peter James Bond 04-27-2012 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 48956885)
Dude! It is good to see you posting.

Thanks...owning, running, building and saving my biz from a few disastrous things (theft, embezzling) has sapped time, energy, and even my spirit at times...and kept me from here and other places I want to be...BUT, because of my biz, I met Phil last week! I immediately recognized him and started talking Kings Hockey! He was very cool...bought some things from my exhibit with his son. I gave him my card! LOL

Telos 04-27-2012 11:32 PM

Sucks that the Monarchs couldn't make a better run of things and Toffoli could play for them instead, but it can't hurt to have all the kids around the team soaking in the experience.

DAkings20 04-28-2012 12:16 AM

If Toffoli played even one game wouldn't that burn a year of his ETC? I'm sure he would not have played anyways, but that fact makes it almost certain he wouldn't play.

Telos 04-28-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 48959367)
If Toffoli played even one game wouldn't that burn a year of his ETC? I'm sure he would not have played anyways, but that fact makes it almost certain he wouldn't play.

Correct. It is the same conundrum we faced last year with Schenn. Though, we are in a significantly better position this time around.

Belanger25 04-28-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 48959367)
If Toffoli played even one game wouldn't that burn a year of his ETC? I'm sure he would not have played anyways, but that fact makes it almost certain he wouldn't play.

I believe Calendar year may still be in effect which means it's the regular season 10 games thing.

It's also a lot better to call them "Black Aces" instead of the Taxi Squad.

Zizou 04-28-2012 01:27 AM

If not for key plays and goals by Brad Richardson, Trevor Lewis and Dustin Penner, I'd actually be excited about this. As it is, I hope the lineup doesn't change and I pray injuries don't force us to use any of these players.

Telos 04-28-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belanger25 (Post 48959915)
I believe Calendar year may still be in effect which means it's the regular season 10 games thing.

It's also a lot better to call them "Black Aces" instead of the Taxi Squad.

Bleh, you're right, we couldn't bring up Schenn because he already played his limit at the beginning of the season. Too many regulations :P

butteryslugz 04-28-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 48956885)


I totally heard Murray's voice when I read this. I don't miss the stoic one.

Ha I heard it too! I need more sutter mumbling


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.