HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Over/Under 25 games for Bouillon's hit on Gordon? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1179593)

fishbert 04-28-2012 02:39 AM

Over/Under 25 games for Bouillon's hit on Gordon?

He does leave his feet to "launch himself" into Gordon's head... hmm.

http://i.imgur.com/vXXC0.png

Someone get a reporter down to the Glendale Chief of Police to get his opinion, stat! :sarcasm:

Seriously, though, if the NHL wants to get rid of these kinds of hits, they should sit Bouillon for a game (2 max).
And that's all the Torres hit on Hossa was worth, too (maybe bump to 5 max for repeat offender status).

Naurutger 04-28-2012 02:47 AM

Just heard someone saying he will be banished to the khl, but that guy looked homeless so I gave him a dollar and moved along...#freeraffi

Total head shot though

Sinurgy 04-28-2012 02:58 AM

He should get a couple of games but he probably won't get anything since Gordon didn't get hurt and didn't attempt to milk it either but most importantly Phoenix doesn't have a lynch mob who will grab their pitch forks and torches and go punding on Uncle Shanny's door demanding justice.

fishbert 04-28-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinurgy (Post 48961561)
... but most importantly Phoenix doesn't have a lynch mob who will grab their pitch forks and torches and go punding on Uncle Shanny's door demanding justice.

:yo:

I don't remember Tip :cry: about it, either.

awfulwaffle 04-28-2012 06:46 AM

mouser 04-28-2012 07:54 AM

Under, maybe 1-2 games at worst.

awfulwaffle 04-28-2012 08:09 AM

Is he even having a conversation with Shanahan?

Art.Vandelay 04-28-2012 08:26 AM

With Shanahan, you never know. He could get anywhere from 25 games to a paid vacation to the caribbean with free luggage.

https://twitter.com/#!/kash2112/stat...515073/photo/1

Mossy 04-28-2012 08:29 AM

Someone should send death threats to the announcer for saying it was a clean hit!

MIG 04-28-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossy (Post 48963957)
Someone should send death threats to the announcer for saying it was a clean hit!

I was thinking something similar when the announcer said "good clean hit" Since when is an elbow to the head a good clean hit.

I have a secret microphone in Shanahan's office...let's listen in now..."crickets, crickets"

Just as I thought.

MIG 04-28-2012 08:43 AM

I don't have the video, but Hanzal was penalized in the 2nd for elbowing on a hit that looked much worse than this one.

TeamTippett 04-28-2012 09:30 AM

This head shot rule is becoming rediculous. Too much gray area to endorse like this. Go back to the game endorsing itself.

SweYote 04-28-2012 10:23 AM

I don't want these hits to be suspendable but with the standard Shanahan has set it's hard to overlook that he's off the ice and catches nothing but head.

Blubba Jenkins 04-28-2012 10:26 AM

I feel pretty good about taking the under.

CitizenCoyote 04-28-2012 11:32 AM

It is a pretty similar hit. He still had the puck though, so he's a bit more ready. The main difference between the two hits is that Gordon is able to keep his head up when he goes down and so, unlike Hossa, his head doesn't hit the ice.

But it's charging for sure, and a hit to the head. Other than interference, it's the same play.

The fact that the league is inconsistent in how they treat these is a problem because players just have no idea what's what.

I sort of just wish the league would say the truth -- if a player appears injured, we're going to dissect the hit and see whether it requires discipline. Otherwise, hit away, unless it's blatent, we have a good angle, and the broadcasters or NHL on the Fly makes a big deal of it forcing our hand.

Matzel 04-28-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinurgy (Post 48961561)
He should get a couple of games but he probably won't get anything since Gordon didn't get hurt and didn't attempt to milk it either but most importantly Phoenix doesn't have a lynch mob who will grab their pitch forks and torches and go punding on Uncle Shanny's door demanding justice.

:handclap: Well put.

Not surprisingly, the circumstantial evidence is a big part of the disciplinary process. No hit is looked at in isolation, ignoring timing, injury, affect, etc.

Only a joker would suggest that teams from the East, original 6 and/or large ticket draws or star players are looked at in a different light. :sarcasm:

fishbert 04-28-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CitizenCoyote (Post 48968279)
The main difference between the two hits is that Gordon is able to keep his head up when he goes down and so, unlike Hossa, his head doesn't hit the ice.

Actually, I think Gordon does bounce his head off the ice pretty good on the fall. His head snaps back so quick it's hard to tell from the video. At a minimum it's a bad case of whiplash. Probably has quite a headache this morning.

Wile E Coyotes 04-28-2012 12:15 PM

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6787069/hf/bs.jpg

Not looking like this is going to be even looked at.. nhl.com is using the clip everywhere as a highlight. Justice4Gordon FreeRaffi

BigGumby 04-28-2012 12:35 PM

Under.

He wont get as much as a text message from Shanahan.

PHX FireBirds18 04-28-2012 02:37 PM

Shaw hit someone in the head behind the net in game 6 but not a peep anywhere. I would be surprised if this is even addressed. Shanny is a joke.

doaner 04-28-2012 02:39 PM

Should be something for sure. At least he didn't keep slamming his head into the glass. Shanny is so inconsistent its sad

dulzhok 04-28-2012 02:47 PM

I'd like to see Hanzal's elbow to the head again.

yotesreign 04-28-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbert (Post 48961425)
He does leave his feet to "launch himself" into Gordon's head... hmm.

http://i.imgur.com/vXXC0.png

Someone get a reporter down to the Glendale Chief of Police to get his opinion, stat! :sarcasm:

Seriously, though, if the NHL wants to get rid of these kinds of hits, they should sit Bouillon for a game (2 max).
And that's all the Torres hit on Hossa was worth, too (maybe bump to 5 max for repeat offender status).

Bouillon's hit looks to me to be "GREGG WILLIAMS APPROVED"

DesertDawg 04-28-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naurutger (Post 48961493)
Just heard someone saying he will be banished to the khl, but that guy looked homeless so I gave him a dollar and moved along...#freeraffi

Total head shot though

thanks for the buck!

Shanahan didn't bother with watching the game, thought it was too boring...

Sinurgy 04-28-2012 07:50 PM

When I think back to the all those talking heads and their non-stop outcry from a week ago, it disgusts me how this hit is generating nothing but ****ing crickets!