HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Any interest in Filppula? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1179697)

Brick Top 04-28-2012 11:49 AM

Any interest in Filppula?

Wings fan here, definitely rooting for the Blueshirts to take the Cup w/ the Wings out of commission.

Question for the esteemed Rangers fans on this board- what interest would a guy like Valtteri Filppula create for the NYR? Really good 2-way game, can play C or LW, good PK, 28 yrs old, coming off his best offensive season. Full disclosure- he'll be a UFA after next year, cap hit for next season is only $3 million. I'm sure the Wings brass like this guy, but we have a LOT of forwards at his size and style of play either on the roster now, or on the way up, and he seems to be one of the best trading chips we have.

There are a LOT of guys on the Rangers that would really help the Wings retool for next year. Dubinsky would be a buy-low option for us, coming off his poor year this year (although I wished he was on the ice when Weber slammed Zetterberg's head into the glass in game 1 of the QF- we wouldn't have needed to wait for a half-assed "fight" from Bertuzzi in game 2 for an answer). Hagelin and Anisimov would be fantastic too.

Some posters on the Wings board were pitching Fil for Dub/AA + Hagelin/Erixon/MDZ, which I thought would be a terrible deal for the Rangers (think we'd have to add a big piece to Fil to make that happen). Anyway, curious what you guys think the Rangers would give up for Fil- feel free to make it multiple Wings/prospects/picks coming to NY if it makes sense.

theFiGS42 04-28-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turkish (Post 48968821)
Wings fan here, definitely rooting for the Blueshirts to take the Cup w/ the Wings out of commission.

Question for the esteemed Rangers fans on this board- what interest would a guy like Valtteri Filppula create for the NYR? Really good 2-way game, can play C or LW, good PK, 28 yrs old, coming off his best offensive season. Full disclosure- he'll be a UFA after next year, cap hit for next season is only $3 million. I'm sure the Wings brass like this guy, but we have a LOT of forwards at his size and style of play either on the roster now, or on the way up, and he seems to be one of the best trading chips we have.

There are a LOT of guys on the Rangers that would really help the Wings retool for next year. Dubinsky would be a buy-low option for us, coming off his poor year this year (although I wished he was on the ice when Weber slammed Zetterberg's head into the glass in game 1 of the QF- we wouldn't have needed to wait for a half-assed "fight" from Bertuzzi in game 2 for an answer). Hagelin and Anisimov would be fantastic too.

Some posters on the Wings board were pitching Fil for Dub/AA + Hagelin/Erixon/MDZ, which I thought would be a terrible deal for the Rangers (think we'd have to add a big piece to Fil to make that happen). Anyway, curious what you guys think the Rangers would give up for Fil- feel free to make it multiple Wings/prospects/picks coming to NY if it makes sense.

I know the word "untouchable" is a big word to be throwing around but hagelin and MDZ are right now, Fil is a good hockey player but I don't know enough about him really to make a fair trade but
Dubi + erixon for Fil + would make sense

Filppula is basically what we want Dubi to be offensively so I'm not sure that even makes sense lol

Dr. Ogrodnick 04-28-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Rangers might be interested in a Dubinsky Filppula swap, mostly for salary reasons. The rest of the Rangers pieces mentioned would definitely be off limits, especially for Filppula.

SnowblindNYR 04-28-2012 12:09 PM

Yeah, Hagelin and MDZ aren't go anywhere IMO. Hagelin is a huge part of our 1st line and MDZ is our best offensive D-man and can play D well too.

Vitto79 04-28-2012 12:17 PM

Filppula is a Dubinsky, Anisimov in the eyes of Ranger fans althugh Filppula hada break out yr

Brick Top 04-28-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 48969485)
Yeah, Hagelin and MDZ aren't go anywhere IMO. Hagelin is a huge part of our 1st line and MDZ is our best offensive D-man and can play D well too.

I kinda figured that Hagelin wouldn't work- couldn't see why the Rangers would cough up a kid that young and that fast. And I don't know how the Rangers accumulated so many good young D-men, but it's ridiculous!! I think 4 or 5 of your guys would be immediately plugged in as our #2 D next to Lidstrom if acquired.

Anisimov is a no-go as well? I like his size (we generally have a team of midgets out there), and he's young. Looking at your roster, I'm not even sure if Filppula would nail down a top 6 spot if traded for Dubi, especially if Stepan keeps playing so well (sweet assist to Staal in game 7).

You would part w/ Erixon? Don't know much about your prospects but I thought he was your #1 D on the way up. Is he expendable b/c you have SO MANY young D already up w/ the Rangers?

Emptyvoid 04-28-2012 12:26 PM

The thing that would worry me about Filppula is that he's played his whole career in detroit's offensive system. How would his production transfer over to the Rangers?

Also he just had a breakout year, will this be the norm for him? I remember for years that redwings fans would say "he'll break out next year" or something to that effect. It seems he has, but its still risky.

I feel Filppula should be a third option for the Rangers. They should see what Bobby Ryan and others perhaps cost first.

azrok22 04-28-2012 12:26 PM

With Filppula being an UFA after next season, I don't see the Rangers moving any of their young pieces for him--let alone Hagelin or Del Zotto.

SnowblindNYR 04-28-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turkish (Post 48969891)
I kinda figured that Hagelin wouldn't work- couldn't see why the Rangers would cough up a kid that young and that fast. And I don't know how the Rangers accumulated so many good young D-men, but it's ridiculous!! I think 4 or 5 of your guys would be immediately plugged in as our #2 D next to Lidstrom if acquired.

Anisimov is a no-go as well? I like his size (we generally have a team of midgets out there), and he's young. Looking at your roster, I'm not even sure if Filppula would nail down a top 6 spot if traded for Dubi, especially if Stepan keeps playing so well (sweet assist to Staal in game 7).

You would part w/ Erixon? Don't know much about your prospects but I thought he was your #1 D on the way up. Is he expendable b/c you have SO MANY young D already up w/ the Rangers?

I don't know if for Filppula but IMO Dubinsky (easily), Anisimov, and to a smaller extent Erixon are all in play. I just don't know if it's for Filppula. I believe Filppula would be our 2nd or 3rd leading scorer. However Detroit is a better offensive team, I don't know how much the players he played with played a role in his stats.

Drewbackatu* 04-28-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 48969485)

Hagelin is definitely not going anywhere but I wouldn't be so sure about MDZ.
He really needs to start making better reads and decisions especially in the defensive zone and on the pp or he will never maximize his potential which is very high.

So far in the playoffs, his play has
been average at best.

SnowblindNYR 04-28-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu (Post 48970307)
He really needs to start making better reads and decisions especially in the defensive zone and on the pp or he will never maximize his potential which is very high.

been average at best.

He's what 21 years old? This is his first playoffs.

Kershaw 04-28-2012 01:02 PM

Anisimov for Filppula.

SnowblindNYR 04-28-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 48971237)
Anisimov for Filppula.

Look at their respective stats, we'd probably have to add. Though maybe Filppula's UFA status will get him for only Anisimov.

Ih8theislanders 04-28-2012 01:24 PM

Anisimov + a 2nd or something is a deal I'd be interested in. Don't think the Wings do it though.

Cawlidge Hawkey 04-28-2012 01:26 PM

I'd do Filppula for Anisimov/Dubinsky+ in a heartbeat. I love his game.

Nickmo82 04-28-2012 02:17 PM

Fil for Dub/AA + Hagelin/Erixon/MDZ - to my mind any of those players should only be dealt for Filppula in a one for one deal, with maybe a draft pick added by the rangers... just like dubi had a down year, he had an up year.

If anything close to this deal happened i'd be super pissed.

Amazing Kreiderman 04-28-2012 04:47 PM

Would love to see him join, but I think we have other priorities

MSGFaithful 04-28-2012 05:51 PM

Kreider is off the table. Sorry bud.

DM23BK30 04-28-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

He's a UFA after next season so they can just sign him to a contract.

He's a great fit for this team. Always a great playoff performer. I'd overpay him for that alone.

SouthJerseyRanger 04-28-2012 06:46 PM

I am not interested in breaking up any part of this team. Mitchell for Parise/Nash. THATS IT.

McDunna with Fries 04-28-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger (Post 48989135)
I am not interested in breaking up any part of this team. Mitchell for Parise/Nash. THATS IT.

Probably the fairest trade proposal I've read on these boards. Wonder why no one has pulled the trigger yet.

Kreider Typical 04-28-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger (Post 48989135)

I agree. let's trade mitchell for parise and nash. idk how we get both out of it but i want both gdi!

do it up sather!
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...425/sather.gif

Fanned On It 04-29-2012 01:45 AM

Not that they would, but if this team traded Hagelin I'd shoot Sather myself.

bettercallstaal 04-29-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu (Post 48970307)

been average at best.

No. MDZ is not going anywhere. Average at best? He blocked 15654646 shots against Ottawa???? He's 22 years old! I don't know what people on this board expect sometimes.

Mr Atoz* 04-29-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Any deal on your board is going to be good for you and bad for us.

I think that Dubi is a good player having a bad year but plenty of others here think he's gone for salary reasons. I've never been sold on Anisimov and I wouldn't mind trading him but for something better than your guy coming off his best year. Would you have taken Boyle for him last year coming off 20 goals? The rest of the guys you mention are a joke.