HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Business of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   How do you think this needs to be resolved? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=117975)

A Good Flying Bird* 12-11-2004 10:38 AM

How do you think this needs to be resolved?

Four options here.

I vote for reducing the rollback and increasing the luxury tax, substantially.

no13matssundin 12-11-2004 10:50 AM

You missed the option that will happen:

Lock out end next year as owners implement hard cap and introduce replacement players.

A Good Flying Bird* 12-11-2004 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no13matssundin

Lock out end next year as owners implement hard cap and introduce replacement players.

Well, let's just talk about the hope for this season with regard to this poll

FLYLine24* 12-11-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

For the 100th time and the 100th person to tell you...THE NHL WILL NEVER INTRODUCE REPLACEMENT PLAYERS! ITS A BLUFF. IF they do the NHL will LOOSE SO MUCH MONEY it wont even be funny.

FLYLine24* 12-11-2004 10:59 AM

You should have put on the poll...Keep the Rollback and add a stiffer luxary tax.

Blind Gardien 12-11-2004 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Four options here.

I vote for reducing the rollback and increasing the luxury tax, substantially.

Me too. But if the owners' rhetoric to date is to be believed, that won't be enough.

A Good Flying Bird* 12-11-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
You should have put on the poll...Keep the Rollback and add a stiffer luxary tax.

Isn't that #3?

no13matssundin 12-11-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

For the 100th time and the 100th person to tell you...THE NHL WILL NEVER INTRODUCE REPLACEMENT PLAYERS! ITS A BLUFF. IF they do the NHL will LOOSE SO MUCH MONEY it wont even be funny.

FlyLine, im saving this post so I can re-post it for you when it happens. Cool?

FLYLine24* 12-11-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Isn't that #3?

#3 is Keep the roll back, and a much, much stiffer rollback. But looking at it now he probably meant to say stiffer Luxary Tax

FLYLine24* 12-11-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

FlyLine, im saving this post so I can re-post it for you when it happens. Cool?

Please do. :)

Kodiak 12-11-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Very doubtful that will happen. If the owners accept the idea of a luxury tax but want it much stiffer, then the players are probably going to use the rollback as a bargaining chip. "Okay, we can accept the harsher tax, but only if the salary rollback drops to 15%."

BLONG7 12-11-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodiak
Very doubtful that will happen. If the owners accept the idea of a luxury tax but want it much stiffer, then the players are probably going to use the rollback as a bargaining chip. "Okay, we can accept the harsher tax, but only if the salary rollback drops to 15%."

Right on, this is what will happen...