HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The KHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Slovan Bratislava 2012/13 season talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1180235)

slovakiasnextone 04-29-2012 08:10 AM

Slovan Bratislava 2012/13 season talk

I thought we might as well have a thread to discuss Slovan´s journey in the KHL.

They have released the prices of the tickest for KHL games. 1 game tickets for 8-16 euro and season tickets for 139-299 euro. Sounds like reasonable prices.

One of the Extraliga teams is supposed to become a farm team of Slovan, maybe Nitra or Skalica.

Players from this year´s team who will supposedly also be on the KHL team are:
G Branislav Konrád
D Martin Štajnoch
F Libor Hudáček
F Martin Bakoš

zorz 04-29-2012 09:05 AM

do you think Slovan in KHL could convince Visnovsky to prolong his career by a year or two?

slovakiasnextone 04-29-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 49007061)
do you think Slovan in KHL could convince Visnovsky to prolong his career by a year or two?

No idea tbh. It kinda seems to me that he changed his min all the time regarding the end of his career, so I guess everything´s possible.

lukkas 05-02-2012 06:20 AM

It's been already known for some time but today it's official. Head Coach of Slovan for next season will be Rostislav Čada

croAVSfan* 05-02-2012 08:03 AM

Croatian junior player, Petar Trstenjak (1992.) is invited in Slovan senior team training camp. Of course, it is not expected for him to play in KHL, probably will be loaned somewhere else (hopefully somewhere in extraliga, not 1.liga:shakehead )

vorky 05-02-2012 08:20 AM

Rostislav Čada as coach

Branislav Konrád, Martin Štajnoch, Ivan Ďatelinka, Patrik Luža, Roman Kukumberg, Libor Hudáček, Martin Bakoš and Miroslav Preisinger staying from previous roster

Milan Bartovič as newcomer

vorky 05-02-2012 09:57 AM

Mario Bliznak as newcomer

slovakiasnextone 05-03-2012 07:46 AM

Seems like Slovan will have like half of this year´s Slovak NT...

ozo 05-03-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone (Post 49200443)
Seems like Slovan will have like half of this year´s Slovak NT...

I'll laugh when Slovakia will get relegated from Elite division, but next season Slovan will win Gagarin Cup. :laugh:

slovakiasnextone 05-03-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 49203073)
I'll laugh when Slovakia will get relegated from Elite division, but next season Slovan will win Gagarin Cup. :laugh:

Nah, we´re not gonna have the greatest team, but definitely not as bad as to get relegated...

and no chance Slovan wins the GC baring a miracle, they will probably be very happy if they actually make the POs...

zorz 05-03-2012 10:20 AM

btw I'm really looking forward to Slovan x Lev rivalry, that is gonna be big :nod:

vorky 05-03-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 49204555)
btw I'm really looking forward to Slovan x Lev rivalry, that is gonna be big :nod:

yep, it is gonna be great. I like it. I hope for 4 games within division :handclap: If HC LEV played at Sparta´s arena, it would be special games for Bliznak :D

Kesid 05-07-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 49148775)

Svatopluk Číhal told me he's gonna work for Slovan Bratislava in KHL. Didn't say which position it should be, but asst. coach maybe?

wings5 05-10-2012 09:35 AM

I wonder which North Americans they will choose to bring on the team. They will likely be counted on to play a key roll on this team.

slovakiasnextone 05-10-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wings5 (Post 49535385)
I wonder which North Americans they will choose to bring on the team. They will likely be counted on to play a key roll on this team.

Actually I think that it might be possible that there might be a minimum or no NA players at all. Slovan doesn´t have the money to pay such players who could play in key roles. I expect them to go after Czechs and Northern Europeans and maybe even Russians before they even think about NA players.

ozo 05-10-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone (Post 49535817)
Actually I think that it might be possible that there might be a minimum or no NA players at all. Slovan doesn´t have the money to pay such players who could play in key roles. I expect them to go after Czechs and Northern Europeans and maybe even Russians before they even think about NA players.

It's a myth than AHL players are expensive. For example Brock Trotter played for 200K a year for Riga. And you certainly won't get any Russians that's for sure, foreigner limits artificially keep the price of Russians ridiculously high.

slovakiasnextone 05-10-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 49542123)
It's a myth than AHL players are expensive. For example Brock Trotter played for 200K a year for Riga. And you certainly won't get any Russians that's for sure, foreigner limits artificially keep the price of Russians ridiculously high.

Didn´t realize that about Russians, but didn´t think that they would primarily go after them anyway. But I still don´t think that it means that they will go after North Americans either. And their steps so far don´t suggest it either even though it is still early. I think that their composition of the team will be similar to Lev Poprad, but with more Slovaks than Czechs. (although Lev Praha will make that harder for them to achieve this). The position where I can see them looking at a non Slovak/Czech player the most, would probably be the starting goalie. But I imagine they would go looking to Finland for that one first.

alko 05-11-2012 02:20 AM

it will be interesting. Czech and Slovak team will fight for czech and SLovak players...

Sokil 05-14-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alko (Post 49567387)
it will be interesting. Czech and Slovak team will fight for czech and SLovak players...

If Donetsk doesn't beat them to the punch ;)

vorky 05-14-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokil (Post 49690379)
If Donetsk doesn't beat them to the punch ;)

yep, I read Slovan´s fans forum and they are not happy with Laco, Obsut, Podhradsky playing for Donbass :D

slovakiasnextone 05-16-2012 11:17 AM

Doesn´t seem like Slovan will be abe to fight with Lev considering the money they both have available...

zorz 05-16-2012 12:42 PM

Slovan IMO needs to find some big company to sponsor him. Latvia is smaller country than Slovakia and still can run ok KHL team. The same shouldn't be a problem in Slovak capital.

vorky 05-16-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 49774407)
Slovan IMO needs to find some big company to sponsor him. Latvia is smaller country than Slovakia and still can run ok KHL team. The same shouldn't be a problem in Slovak capital.

yes, I think it wants time to happen. I read interview of Supler where he said that he had cca 5 milions euro budget (IMO for players salary) in first season in Riga, next season it was around 7-8 according to him. Maybe minimal budget incereased next season (league regulations), but so much?? HC LEV had 10-11 milions euro in Poprad, today they have 19. I can imagine the same scenario with Slovan.
Donbass is another story, we all know who Kolesnikovs is :D I dont know how situation was in Minsk and Astana, but it is irrelevant - former CCCP countries, no central europe like Slovan, LEV + Riga (all EU members, another view of ecomony - not state companies)

So, Slovan started with lesser budget as every KHL club from Europe did.

yunost 05-16-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 49774967)
yes, I think it wants time to happen. I read interview of Supler where he said that he had cca 5 milions euro budget (IMO for players salary) in first season in Riga, next season it was around 7-8 according to him. Maybe minimal budget incereased next season (league regulations), but so much?? HC LEV had 10-11 milions euro in Poprad, today they have 19. I can imagine the same scenario with Slovan.
Donbass is another story, we all know who Kolesnikovs is :D I dont know how situation was in Minsk and Astana, but it is irrelevant - former CCCP countries, no central europe like Slovan, LEV + Riga (all EU members, another view of ecomony - not state companies)

So, Slovan started with lesser budget as every KHL club from Europe did.

Slovan will have a very good budget I think. What is their salary payroll in the extraliga this year, does anyone know?
in this (http://www.eurohockey.com/article/13...-the-next.html) article the president sais they can get a 12million Euro budget, which I think they have.

That is about $15.27 million, which is a very solid amount. Middle of the league I'd estimate.
Plus Slovan is a very rich club. Not in the sense of money only but in general. IMO they are the best Slovak club and a club accustomed to winning and the highest achievement. They are one of the best in Europe participating in the Champions League and other top Euro tournaments (ie ET). They have a rich history and their club structure is worked out very well. Their management is obviously strong and they fact that they make such a bold move to step into the KHL shows alot about their character, I think. I am very happy and honoured that Slovan will be in the KHL, and it will be one of my favourite teams.

IMO I think it is good that Slovan is not hugely state funded and I think that with a spectacular arena like they have that will have one of the highest attendances in KHL(maybe next season when fans get used to it). Anyway they will charge more for tickets and will be the closest, beating Riga, in self sustainability in a couple of years.

With regard to the budget also, I think one has to take into consideration many factors. Yes the budget will be less and in general budget is proportional to success, but to what extent? Ottawa Senators played with a budget $15(or 12 I forgot)million under the cap with many rookies and in a rebuild and still made it to the playoffs taking NYR to game 7! SKA with the highest budget constantly gets kicked out and the Salavat and esp Ak-Bars supremacy is seemingly over despite massive budgets. The players staying in Slovan from the Extraliga roster are very good and have the potential to step up their game. They are there for quite cheap I imagine so that is a bonus. Slovan will have extra money in that case and as mentioned before the market for Slovak and Czech players is cheaper than what Russian clubs have to spend. Again, as mentioned before top AHLers are very cheap, for example Matt Dalton an amazing goalie from the minors that Vityaz scooped up. And I think the club is in a unique position where many Scandinavian or NAns will come to Slovan rather than Novokuznetsk or Yugra. I think with the strong management Slovan can have one of the highest values for the money they have, and it will be very interesting to see how it all happens.

slovakiasnextone 05-16-2012 03:20 PM

I think Slovan´s budget is actually 10 million not 12. Also while Czech/Slovak players might not be as expensive as the Russian ones, they might still actually be too expensive for Slovan. AFAIK they actually made Juraj Mikúš an offer, but whatever they offered wasn´t nearly as good as what Lev Praha did. And I doubt Mikúš is even amongst the most expensive Czechs/Slovaks in the KHL.