HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Calder Cup Finals TV Coverage (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1180603)

fordaith 04-29-2012 07:14 PM

Calder Cup Finals TV Coverage

I know it's a little early to be discussing this, but is NHL Network covering the Calder Cup finals this year? I know they have in the past.

GarbageGoal 04-29-2012 08:08 PM

It all depends on who's playing and if they have some sort of local TV coverage.

SFTC Addict 04-29-2012 08:43 PM

Does Hershey typically show road games??? I tend to think no. But the year they played Texas and had like the best record ever Texas won the first 2 in Hershey and then when Hershey went to texas the NHL Network swooped in and covered the remaining 4 and we got stuck with that airhead Walton.

NorthStar 04-30-2012 04:27 PM

Hope the NHL Network can show the AHL Calder Cup Finals again.. would love to see that but will wait and see what happens...

PanniniClaus 05-22-2012 07:07 PM

Considering the crap that makes it on to sports channels these days it is disappointing that more of the AHL playoffs are not covered. I understand it would need to be limited but TSN or Sportsnet should have the ability to jump in for a big game or a big series.

The Marlies in the final should be of some interest in Canada.

Inkling 05-30-2012 10:58 PM

SPRINGFIELD, Mass -- The American Hockey League has announced broadcast information for the 2012 Calder Cup Finals between the Eastern Conference champion Norfolk Admirals, top development team of the NHL’s Tampa Bay Lightning, and the Western Conference champion Toronto Marlies, top development team of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs.

Games 1-3 and 6-7 of the series will air on Leafs TV, which will be available on cable systems across Canada during a special promotional “free-view” period during the Calder Cup Finals. Games 4 and 5 will air in Canada on the 24-hour national sports channel Sportsnet One. In addition, the entire series will be available on ESPN America, reaching millions of fans in more than 35 countries in Europe and the Middle East.

Fans can also listen to the Calder Cup Finals on the all-hockey NHL Home Ice channel on SiriusXM Satellite Radio (Sirius 207, XM 92), which will carry Game 1 and Games 3-7 of the series.

And as always, AHL Live has live streaming of every Calder Cup Finals game at ahllive.com.

2012 Calder Cup Finals – (best-of-7)
E1-Norfolk Admirals vs. W2-Toronto Marlies
Game 1 – Friday, June 1 – Toronto at Norfolk, 7:30 p.m. Leafs TV
Game 2 – Saturday, June 2 – Toronto at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m. Leafs TV
Game 3 – Thursday, June 7 – Norfolk at Toronto, 7:00 p.m. Leafs TV
Game 4 – Saturday, June 9 – Norfolk at Toronto, 3:00 p.m. Sportsnet One
*Game 5 – Sunday, June 10 – Norfolk at Toronto, 3:00 p.m. Sportsnet One
*Game 6 – Wednesday, June 13 – Toronto at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m. Leafs TV
*Game 7 – Friday, June 15 – Toronto at Norfolk, 7:30 p.m. Leafs TV
*if necessary – (All times Eastern)

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....cmpid=rss-News

pelts35.com 05-31-2012 10:00 AM

Heaven forbid that the NHL network carry any of the Calder Cup Finals game. :shakehead

Maybe I'll take a trip to Europe so I can see the games on TV. :)

AdmiralsFan24 05-31-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 50350703)
Heaven forbid that the NHL network carry any of the Calder Cup Finals game. :shakehead

Maybe I'll take a trip to Europe so I can see the games on TV. :)

Canada would be cheaper. :laugh:

NorthStar 05-31-2012 11:03 PM

Why cant Sportsnet One even pick up the entire series?? That would have helped to see every Calder Cup game for sure and cheer on the Marlies to win or not?!?! oh boy..

MrGrinch 06-01-2012 07:58 PM

LeafsTV is being provided for freeview for all Calder Cup finals games, including out of market regions. I am in Winnipeg and watching the game right now. From the Marlies website...

How to Watch

Cogeco, Bell TV, Shaw Direct, Shaw Cable & Rogers will carry a complete freeview of Leafs TV across Canada. You can watch on your XBOX through the Real Sports app. The game is also available on ESPN America throughout Europe. Tune in online through AHL Live or over the airwaves on am640.

LaxSabre 06-05-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Springfield, Mass - The American Hockey League has announced
that CBS Sports Network will televise Games 3 through 7 of the
2012 Calder Cup Finals, bringing the AHL’s championship series
to millions of homes across the United States in high definition.

In addition to CBS Sports Network’s coverage in the US, the Calder
Cup Finals are also airing on Leafs TV (Games 3, 6-7) and Sportsnet
ONE (Games 4-6) in Canada, on ESPN America (Games 3-7) in Europe
and the Middle East, and worldwide on-line on AHL Live (Games 3-7).
Fans can also listen to the series on the all-hockey NHL Home Ice
channel on SiriusXM Satellite Radio (Sirius 207, XM 92).

To accommodate the television broadcasts, the start time of Game 6
has been changed to 7:30 pm ET.
http://theahl.com/cbs-sports-network...finals-p177851