HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Watching Games Online (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1180847)

Hopeless Unbeliever 04-30-2012 06:37 AM

Watching Games Online
 
So, as far as I can work out there is no TV Coverage of the WCs on UK TV (if anyone can correct me on this point please do), so is there somewhere I can stream games online in English? Preferably legal (and not too expensive). Thanks.

ohheyhemsky 05-01-2012 12:48 AM

Also in Canada. Anything in Calgary for Canada's game tomorrow?

Atas2000 05-01-2012 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeless Unbeliever (Post 49050023)
So, as far as I can work out there is no TV Coverage of the WCs on UK TV (if anyone can correct me on this point please do), so is there somewhere I can stream games online in English? Preferably legal (and not too expensive). Thanks.

watching streams IS legal anyway. There will be plenty of streams on livetv.ru/en

FinRuutu 05-01-2012 09:19 AM

http://lshunter.net/

Finnpin 05-01-2012 10:42 AM

I just red a story where a Scandinavian Bar in UK Brighton (called Northern Lights and runned by Finns) have always been able to buy stream service straight from IIHF but service like that isn't possible anymore. Last year during the finals the bar was so packed that they almost ran out of beer and pieces started to fall from the roof. They are in hurry to open the "Worlds Studio" in the bar this year cause it's hard to get tv coverage in UK.

pic of the bar
http://www.internationalrugbysevens....n%20Lights.jpg

Finnpin 05-02-2012 01:17 PM

This is now in the IIHF page...they certainly don't rush with these things LOL

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/tvvideos.html

Live Stream & Videos
Fans throughout the world can enjoy watching the 2012 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship live and online. Also videos from the event will be provided. More information will be available here soon.

AE 05-02-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnpin (Post 49107073)
I just red a story where a Scandinavian Bar in UK Brighton (called Northern Lights and runned by Finns) have always been able to buy stream service straight from IIHF but service like that isn't possible anymore. Last year during the finals the bar was so packed that they almost ran out of beer and pieces started to fall from the roof. They are in hurry to open the "Worlds Studio" in the bar this year cause it's hard to get tv coverage in UK.

pic of the bar
http://www.internationalrugbysevens....n%20Lights.jpg

Nordic bar?

Finnpin 05-02-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AE (Post 49159205)
Nordic bar?

They call it Scandinavian cause it's more known word than Nordic.

http://www.northernlightsbrighton.co.uk/

Memphis The Pie 05-02-2012 01:24 PM

Quite a few Finns do actually think we are Scandinavians.

vsk92 05-02-2012 01:45 PM

Why is there not a bar like that in Glasgow :cry:

oh well I'll just watch at home, hopefully :D

Hopeless Unbeliever 05-02-2012 03:08 PM

Good question vsk. What are you doing in Glasgow?

vsk92 05-02-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeless Unbeliever (Post 49164331)
Good question vsk. What are you doing in Glasgow?

I've lived here for a long time now :D

sturmthis 05-03-2012 08:06 AM

IIHF ‏ @IIHFHockey
Great news! All 64 games of the 2012 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship will be streamed live and for free on YouTube!

TheFatOne 05-03-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturmthis (Post 49200779)
IIHF ‏ @IIHFHockey
Great news! All 64 games of the 2012 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship will be streamed live and for free on YouTube!



Wonder how quality will be? Good or bad?


http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/tvvideos.html

sturmthis 05-03-2012 08:18 AM

Get a proxy ready

Note: Access is geo-blocked in a few countries where exclusive media license agreements are in place including: Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine and the USA. Please see the list of broadcasters to watch the games in these countries.

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/tvvideos.html

Memphis The Pie 05-03-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturmthis (Post 49200973)
Get a proxy ready

Note: Access is geo-blocked in a few countries where exclusive media license agreements are in place including: Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine and the USA. Please see the list of broadcasters to watch the games in these countries.

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/tvvideos.html

Whaaat, no Finland? Wohooo

vsk92 05-03-2012 08:30 AM

that decision just made my day :yo:

no longer do I have to worry about being able to watch the games from Scotland :D

TheFatOne 05-03-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturmthis (Post 49200973)
Get a proxy ready

Note: Access is geo-blocked in a few countries where exclusive media license agreements are in place including: Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine and the USA. Please see the list of broadcasters to watch the games in these countries.

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/tvvideos.html




:cry::shakehead ********.

ThinMcWhistle 05-03-2012 08:41 AM

www.firstrowsports.eu

Tried, true, and tested.

wirelessflyingcord 05-03-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fruktbomb (Post 49201157)
Whaaat, no Finland? Wohooo

Canal+ tweet claims IIHF statement has a mistake: https://twitter.com/#!/canalplussuom...52021939617793

Update: yup: http://www.uusisuomi.fi/urheilu/1222...kin-uutisankka

Schalkenullvier* 05-03-2012 12:29 PM

yt streaming for germany would be awesome, I fear if there are more of these noon games some of them will be dumped to sport1+ so that sport1 can continue to broadcast infomercials for juice squeezers :shakehead

Jussi 05-03-2012 12:51 PM

There's also this: http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.ph...line=icehockey Already guaranteed streams for some matches.

bleedgreen 05-03-2012 01:34 PM

anyone know if hockeystreams archives these?

gn2007 05-03-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturmthis (Post 49200973)
Get a proxy ready

Note: Access is geo-blocked in a few countries where exclusive media license agreements are in place including: Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine and the USA. Please see the list of broadcasters to watch the games in these countries.

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/tvvideos.html

wow i'm shocked canada is not on the list being blocked thats CRAZYYYY

cibtom 05-04-2012 02:01 AM

Question for someone from Finland: I'll be in Tampere (17th to 26th of May). Is there any possibility to watch games of Czech team in some pub or bar? Because I think Finnish people would prefer team Finland on TV... I've already read there is no possibility to watch free Youtube channel in Finland and I can't watch Czech TV in Finland as well. So are there any free streams in Finland?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.