HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Around the NHL 2011-2012 - IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!!! ‎Pt. II, Kings vs Devils for the Cup (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1182023)

End of Line 05-01-2012 10:40 PM

Around the NHL 2011-2012 - IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!!! ‎Pt. II, Kings vs Devils for the Cup

Continue.

Lets go Devils. :sarcasm:

eXile59 05-01-2012 10:48 PM

I have more respect for the Nashville organization than ever.

MtlPenFan 05-01-2012 11:09 PM

****ing infuriating knowing how much better we made the Flyers look by ******** the bed, the couch, the bathtub, the rug...

Devils applied the same forecheck we applied the first 10 minutes of the first two games, except they did it for the last 50 minutes.

Tender Rip 05-01-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtlPenFan (Post 49139923)
****ing infuriating knowing how much better we made the Flyers look by ******** the bed, the couch, the bathtub, the rug...

Devils applied the same forecheck we applied the first 10 minutes of the first two games, except they did it for the last 50 minutes.

.... and over two games, the Flyers PP is 1/11 while having allowed a shortie to boot.

Now, if someone looks at New Jersey's defense and suggests that those players are individually better than our D, then they deserve a whack in the mouth.

'Our game'.... non-functional ass-hattery that has to stop.

Sivek 05-01-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tender Rip (Post 49140923)
.... and over two games, the Flyers PP is 1/11 while having allowed a shortie to boot.

That same NJ PK operated at 66.7% against the Panthers in the opening round.

Just imagine the Panthers PP against the Pens playoff PK. Things would be getting ugly :laugh: or maybe more appropriately :cry:

Or maybe the Devils changed up their PK after getting blasted for a few games. That's an idea, are coaches allowed to do that? :dunno:

Pfnf 05-02-2012 12:16 AM

what exactly did radulov and AK do?

Skillzz 05-02-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pfnf (Post 49142191)

Thought I heard somewhere that they got drunk the night before game 2

Coach John McGuirk 05-02-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pfnf (Post 49142191)

Stayed out way past curfew and drank heavily at a club.

KaylaJ 05-02-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivek (Post 49141441)
That same NJ PK operated at 66.7% against the Panthers in the opening round.

Just imagine the Panthers PP against the Pens playoff PK. Things would be getting ugly :laugh: or maybe more appropriately :cry:

Or maybe the Devils changed up their PK after getting blasted for a few games. That's an idea, are coaches allowed to do that? :dunno:

I think it is a combination of things. Philly's PP looks different than it did in the first round. In the first period of Game 1 it looked like rust, but something is still off with it. Their passes aren't as smooth and they don't seem to be coming as head strong as they had before.

As for NJ's PK, it still has it moments where you have to hold your breath (they almost went down 4-2 in Game 1 in the 3rd, but Brodeur held the fort). Maybe quite a bit had to do with Kovalchuk's injury since he really wasn't helping on either side. They had to change things a bit with him out and maybe like the Pens when they had a bunch of guys suspended, NJ rallied around it.

Edit: the rumour of the night/morning is the Habs have decided on Marc Bergevin as their new GM. for those of you who are old enough to remember, he's the one who had leopard skate guards (which may have matched his underwear...)

mpp9 05-02-2012 03:03 AM

It's pretty simple IMO. They're taking time and space away from Giroux on the half wall. We didn't do that. The kid's good, but we made him look a hell of a lot better than he is.

Tender Rip 05-02-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp9 (Post 49145243)
It's pretty simple IMO. They're taking time and space away from Giroux on the half wall. We didn't do that. The kid's good, but we made him look a hell of a lot better than he is.

Rocket science, rocket science!
Them using brains! Unfair!

SCUDeriMISSILE 05-02-2012 10:27 AM

Pierre McGuire was the runner-up in the Habs GM sweepstakes. I'm a rare McGuire fan, so I'm glad to see he's sticking around the TV side of things. He'll probably get a GM gig at some point, though.

MtlPenFan 05-02-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tender Rip (Post 49140923)

Now, if someone looks at New Jersey's defense and suggests that those players are individually better than our D, then they deserve a whack in the mouth.

'Our game'.... non-functional ass-hattery that has to stop.

I can't argue with that one bit, although the Jersey defense didn't have to play much considering Jersey spent a ton of time in the Philly zone. They were incredibly aggressive with their forecheck and kept sending their D down low along the wall to keep pucks in.

**** me, I remember when we used to be that aggressive :shakehead

Eli Cash 05-02-2012 10:59 AM

Good to see Bergevin get the nod in Montreal. He played here 3 separate times, right?

Shady Machine 05-02-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp9 (Post 49145243)

This which is exactly what I said in one of the threads right after the series ended. Our PK was basically trying to chase the puck. NJ's pk is sitting back and letting the guy up top have the puck and taking away the dangerous players on the boards (Giroux, Voracek, Jagr). They are pressuring the crap out of Giroux as soon as he gets the puck and clogging up the middle of the ice. It's really so simple. The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am at our coaching staff for doing nothing to adjust the PK.

MrBurgundy 05-02-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shady Machine (Post 49151675)
This which is exactly what I said in one of the threads right after the series ended. Our PK was basically trying to chase the puck. NJ's pk is sitting back and letting the guy up top have the puck and taking away the dangerous players on the boards (Giroux, Voracek, Jagr). They are pressuring the crap out of Giroux as soon as he gets the puck and clogging up the middle of the ice. It's really so simple. The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am at our coaching staff for doing nothing to adjust the PK.

But our PK was great during the regular season... we didn't get to our game... yeah...

Shrimper 05-02-2012 12:13 PM

Would love to see reactions to the goaltending if Devils knocked them out.

Jaded-Fan 05-02-2012 03:47 PM

Safe to assume that at this moment we are all Devils fans?

Anyone playing Philly is my new favorite team.

OnMyOwn 05-02-2012 05:11 PM

Yea I'm hoping devils make it and get bounced in the cup final

vodeni 05-02-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan (Post 49163415)
Safe to assume that at this moment we are all Devils fans?

Anyone playing Philly is my new favorite team.

count me in:yo:

vodeni 05-02-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtlPenFan (Post 49151571)
I can't argue with that one bit, although the Jersey defense didn't have to play much considering Jersey spent a ton of time in the Philly zone. They were incredibly aggressive with their forecheck and kept sending their D down low along the wall to keep pucks in.

**** me, I remember when we used to be that aggressive :shakehead

true, I predicted that Pens should won in 5, and now I am more than ever convinced that's how it should have been had thyy decided to show up and that they actually hired the coach to tell them what to do.

I know that Giroux is not that good, he's good but not that good, he's good when no one is ever around him game in game out, when he always had an open lane and of course when he has to deal with the best defensive center in the league (still considered).

I really think the issue is not the talent not even on defense, it's the system and desire to play to the level needed to win in play-offs

Til the End of Time 05-02-2012 06:04 PM

devils are the only team left in the east that i can stomach.

Luigi Lemieux 05-02-2012 06:18 PM

Yup, it's looking more and more like the Flyers are nothing special, and the pens were the ones that crapped the bed. Unbelievable what a horrible coaching job Bylsma put forward in round 1.

KaylaJ 05-02-2012 07:57 PM

Edzo giving Semin credit, the end is nigh!

At 8 minutes the Caps crowd chant OV, but no sucks

good pace, no score, end of 1

FDBluth 05-02-2012 08:16 PM

What the heck is wrong with the ice in Washington? Everyone's falling all over the place.