HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rate: Canada's 2011 WC's Roster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1182043)

RealHartTrophy01* 05-01-2012 09:59 PM

Rate: Canada's 2011 WC's Roster
 
People says either 3-4 years we send a good team, but it seems every 2nd (or even most years) we send a pretty good team.

Tell me what do you think of Canada's 2011 World Championship Roster :)

http://i.imgur.com/YbBCP.jpg

Pretty solid Roster (with respect to the player(s) Best Season I took from 2010-12)

DanrikCarter 05-02-2012 12:17 AM

Goalies are awful.

Rob 05-02-2012 12:28 AM

My guess is a 4th place finish.

WJG 05-02-2012 12:33 AM

It was a good team on paper, but thought they went with too much youth and inexperience.

Eberle, Skinner, Reimer and Bernier were rookies.
Tavares, Duchene and Kane were sophomores.

As talented as they were, I would have rather asked players that had poorer seasons but more experience.

Novak Djokovic 05-02-2012 12:35 AM

Pietrangelo of last year isn't Pietrangelo of this year. The defense sucks (and it sucks this year too).

RealHartTrophy01* 05-02-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serbian Power (Post 49143929)
Pietrangelo of last year isn't Pietrangelo of this year. The defense sucks (and it sucks this year too).

Pietrangelo last season (2010-11) had 43PTS in 79 GP (18+). Not too bad eh? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 49143899)
It was a good team on paper, but thought they went with too much youth and inexperience.

Eberle, Skinner, Reimer and Bernier were rookies.
Tavares, Duchene and Kane were sophomores.

As talented as they were, I would have rather asked players that had poorer seasons but more experience.


As for some of the youngsters, the 2011 WC's ended in May and 2011-12 NHL Season started back up in October. So the Gap is not too far for them, but I see your point.

The reason I picked the 2010-12 years is because the 2011 WC is right in the middle, good bridge point. Still, besides the Goaltending, this team is good enough to be be an Olympic team.

Novak Djokovic 05-02-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelso99 (Post 49144157)
Pietrangelo last season (2010-11) had 43PTS in 79 GP (18+). Not too bad eh? ;)

As for some of the youngsters, the 2011 WC's ended in May and 2011-12 NHL Season started back up in October. So the Gap is not too far for them, but I see your point.

The reason I picked the 2010-12 years is because the 2011 WC is right in the middle, good bridge point. Still, besides the Goaltending, this team is good enough to be be an Olympic team.

If you watch him play, he took his game to another level this season.

That roster definitely underachieved though. Canadian goaltending is probably at its worst right now. Hopefully, this year turns out a lot different. Canada finished first in their pool and merged pool... The Russians just happened to finish 4th in their merged pool. You just knew that wasn't good news for Canada to meet them so early.

zorz 05-02-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serbian Power (Post 49143929)
Pietrangelo of last year isn't Pietrangelo of this year. The defense sucks (and it sucks this year too).

You don't need defense on the level of quality NHL defense to contend here, because other teams don't have that either.

RealHartTrophy01* 05-02-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serbian Power (Post 49144339)
If you watch him play, he took his game to another level this season.

That roster definitely underachieved though. Canadian goaltending is probably at its worst right now. Hopefully, this year turns out a lot different. Canada finished first in their pool and merged pool... The Russians just happened to finish 4th in their merged pool. You just knew that wasn't good news for Canada to meet them so early.

True he is better this year. I thought the Canadian team looked great, but was really surprised how good the Russia team looked in that Game with a mainly KHL lineup and Konstantin Barulin in nets (and Spezza who scored the only Goal gets left off this year's 2012 Team Canada?)

But then Russia looked awful in the Semi's and Bronze game

Baba Booey 05-02-2012 01:59 AM

good forwards defence and goalies are awful. Same as this year with the exception of Ward.

RealHartTrophy01* 05-02-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 49144381)
You don't need defense on the level of quality NHL defense to contend here, because other teams don't have that either.

True that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba Booey (Post 49145217)
good forwards defence and goalies are awful. Same as this year with the exception of Ward.

True, but the D- on the 2012 Team is better and F- a little better with guys like Patrick Sharp. Very good team this year!

CpatainCanuck 05-02-2012 06:41 PM

Pretty bad. Canada's "real" national team (Olympic Style) would have only included about 4-5 of these guys at the most.

tony d 05-03-2012 07:01 AM

The goalies were meh, the defense was average and the forwards where good. An average team overall.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.