HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Stu Bickel (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1182725)

Tony D63 05-02-2012 11:26 PM

Stu Bickel
 
I feel bad for this kid, just sitting on the bench since after the 2nd period? Why is he even playing if Torts aint playing him...?

SERE 24 05-02-2012 11:28 PM

I don't understand why Torts felt the kid was not good enough to take a single shift in the 3rd, 1OT, 2OT, 3OT, especially when he had guys going over 45 minutes while the Caps players were all under 40.

But I have a feeling we see Eminger next game.

iamthewalrus 05-02-2012 11:28 PM

Bickel =[
 
gotta feel for the guy =/Hopefully he just maximizes his work ten times over. Nonetheless, awesome game

mug25 05-02-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPF24 (Post 49193739)
I don't understand why Torts felt the kid was not good enough to take a single shift in the 3rd, 1OT, 2OT, 3OT, especially when he had guys going over 45 minutes while the Caps players were all under 40.

But I have a feeling we see Eminger next game.

Torts puzzles me.

He gives Del Zotto ice time after he makes numerous bonehead plays yet he sits Bickel for 4 periods after one bad play.... :shakehead

Swagelin 05-02-2012 11:31 PM

I felt Stralman was worse than Bickel tonight.

MrAlfie 05-02-2012 11:32 PM

Bickel has no business being on this team. Send him faaaar away.

Dantes19 05-02-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 (Post 49193637)
I feel bad for this kid, just sitting on the bench since after the 2nd period? Why is he even playing if Torts aint playing him...?




Regardless of how we feel about him, the fact that the Rangers are essentially playing with 5 d-men (or 4, in some cases) is not a good trend to see. A team needs those #5 & #6 guys to play steady minutes and take some of the workload off of the top-4.

charlie460 05-02-2012 11:33 PM

Wow that is a depressing face there

mug25 05-02-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Sauer (Post 49193989)
I felt Stralman was worse than Bickel tonight.

Good point! Stralman made two terrible plays that stuck out. Bickel = the scapegoat. I felt really bad for him when they showed him on the bench in the 3OT.

Seeing as McDonagh, Staal and Girardi were obviously tired as heck, I felt it was a really ignorant move on Torts part.

iamthewalrus 05-02-2012 11:35 PM

http://i.imgur.com/9ajA7.jpg

:(:(:(

Dantes19 05-02-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mug25 (Post 49194107)
Good point! Stralman made two terrible plays that stuck out. Bickel = the scapegoat. I felt really bad for him when they showed him on the bench in the 3OT.




If Tortorella is only going to play Bickel 3 minutes in a 120 minute game, why not start Eminger in his place the next game? Having a #6 who only plays 3 minutes is going to put tons of extra wear & tear on the top-4. I know Eminger's not a big step up, but Bickel is useless if he's spending almost the entire game on the bench.

mug25 05-02-2012 11:37 PM

Holy crap that's sad...

NYSportsfan87 05-02-2012 11:37 PM

I felt awful for him. Was pretty bad rough to see

Tanner Glass 05-02-2012 11:37 PM

He will play quiet a bit in game 4. McDonagh's life is hanging on a string right now

Poozer 05-02-2012 11:38 PM

Yeah, I just don't understand Torts. If he's only playing 3 minutes a night, might as well dress Eminger.

I like Bickel. He's a borderline NHLer who stepped up big for us, especially physically. He's got thrown into a tough situation for a defense-first minded team, but he really stands up for his teammates, and thats a quality I certainly admire.

He certainly can be a liability, but its hard to fault him as he certainly gives it his all.

ColonialsHockey10 05-02-2012 11:38 PM

Guy should just be glad he has an NHL roster spot.

You could make a serious argument he's not an NHL player.

That picture is sad though. :cry:

poeman 05-02-2012 11:39 PM

Feel bad for him, but Bickel should not be playing in this series...We needed a Eminger out there. Come on

Ih8theislanders 05-02-2012 11:40 PM

Could've definitely taken some shifts throughout all 3 OT's. Even at forward. Feel bad for him, can't question Torts though. Got the W.

KingWantsCup 05-02-2012 11:40 PM

I didn't see Bickel at all, but I would not say that was a quick screen shot that caught a quick expression. It must have been soul crushing to sit there and not be used all the way into the third overtime period... I feel terrible for him. The giveaway he had in game 2 was huge and Torts has lost all trust in him because of that. I'm really hoping he makes a good come back from this. He's a great story and a resilient guy, I know he will.

Dantes19 05-02-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poozer (Post 49194365)
Yeah, I just don't understand Torts. If he's only playing 3 minutes a night, might as well dress Eminger.

I like Bickel. He's a borderline NHLer who stepped up big for us, especially physically. He's got thrown into a tough situation for a defense-first minded team, but he really stands up for his teammates, and thats a quality I certainly admire.

He certainly can be a liability, but its hard to fault him as he certainly gives it his all.




He definitely gives it his all; I think he's better suited for teams like Boston and Philly, though. I'm curious what Eminger could do in Bickel's place. They really need their #6 guy to play more than 3 minutes out of 120.

we want cup 05-02-2012 11:41 PM

Feels bad, man.

IBleedNYRBlue 05-02-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthewalrus (Post 49193795)
http://i.imgur.com/9ajA7.jpg


gotta feel for the guy =/Hopefully he just maximizes his work ten times over. Nonetheless, awesome game

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...Untitled-1.jpg


Feel for the guy, though. Must have been terrible sitting there all that time while guys are racking up ridiculous mins.

poeman 05-02-2012 11:41 PM

stop feeling sad for him...He probably is celebrating with the rest of them right now. He probably is just happy to be there. We need Eminger fast for this series.

HeaveHo94 05-02-2012 11:43 PM

oh man

MDL8981 05-02-2012 11:43 PM

Either he needs to give Bickel more time in Game 4, or Eminger needs to dress and get time.

We rode our top 5 D-men to the extreme tonight. I know we have two days off till Game 4, but we have to give that last D-man more time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.