HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The KHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   HC Lev Prague 2012/13 season talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1182821)

zorz 04-28-2012 12:38 PM

HC Lev Prague 2012/13 season talk
 
Let's discuss the Czech club in KHL. Do you support the idea? What players do you think will play there? Let's put all news related to this topic here :) They already announced the coaching duo and I think it's a good choice. These guys are both ambitious and have pretty good record for their age, what do you think?

Team Staff
General Manager: Normunds Sejejs
Head Coach: Josef Jandač
Asst. Coach: Jiří Kalous

Roster (last season of the contract)
G Drew MacIntyre
G Tomáš Pöpperle (13/14)

D Jiří Hunkes
D Juraj Mikuš
D Tomáš Mojžíš (12/13)
D Ondřej Němec (13/14)
D Nathan Oystrick (12/13)
D Mathias Porseland (13/14)
D Michal Sersen (12/13)

F Luboš Bartečko
F Michal Birner (13/14)
F Erik Christensen (12/13)
F Marcel Hossa
F Jakub Klepiš (12/13)
F Juraj Mikúš (12/13)
F Michal Řepík
F Tomáš Surový (12/13)
F Paul Szczechura (12/13)
F Petr Vrána (13/14)

Preseason
31.07. 2012: Lev-Rytíři Kladno
02.08. 2012: Lev-Bílí Tygři Liberec
07.08. 2012: Lev-Sparta Praha
14.08. 2012: Lev-Severstal
18.08. 2012: Lev-Lugano
20.08. 2012: Lev-Biel
28.08. 2012: Lev-Severstal
29.08. 2012: Lev-Donbass
31.08. 2012: Lev-SKA
01.09. 2012: Lev-Avtomobilist

zorz 04-28-2012 01:06 PM

Regarding the potential players, I've heard somewhere a rumour about Tomáš Pöpperle going to sign with Lev. + personally I think they should try to sign Michal Řepík. I don't expect him to be resigned in NA and he could be good player to start with for Lev. Contract of Tomáš Kundrátek is also expiring, they could go after him too if he's not resigned by Washington.

vorky 04-28-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

General Manager:
Normund Sejejs was announced by club, I think it is official. He is former GM of Dinamo Riga

I expect singing 20-23 guys from NA (CHL/AHL). You have many Czechs here, it is better for them to play KHL than AHL, my opinion.

ozo 04-28-2012 01:14 PM

Surely a Latvian GM will bring in tons of Latvian talant, no? ;)

zorz 04-28-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 48969641)
Normund Sejejs was announced by club, I think it is official. He is former GM of Dinamo Riga

I expect singing 20-23 guys from NA (CHL/AHL). You have many Czechs here, it is better for them to play KHL than AHL, my opinion.

I've seen that but they also said they didn't sign him yet. I think they may change their mind since Kusý is jobless right now :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 48969649)
Surely a Latvian GM will bring in tons of Latvian talant, no? ;)

I wouldn't mind if they signed Kulda for example ;)

vorky 04-28-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

I've seen that but they also said they didn't sign him yet. I think they may change their mind since Kusý is jobless right now
could be like you say OR it is only legal thing - HC LEV Prague is not officialy in KHL. I would say verbal deal is done, the same like players (Koukal or so, as example) with clubs. You can say players since 1May in KHL (except restricted free agents or OSA in KHL terms)

Czechexpert 04-28-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 48969407)
Regarding the potential players, I've heard somewhere a rumour about TomᚠPöpperle going to sign with Lev. + personally I think they should try to sign Michal Řepík. I don't expect him to be resigned in NA and he could be good player to start with for Lev. Contract of TomᚠKundrátek is also expiring, they could go after him too if he's not resigned by Washington.

I think that Kundratek is under contract for one more season in Washington. This year it was only his second season in AHL, he signed three year entry level contract. He still has chance to make it to NHL, it would be nonsense to return to Europe.

zorz 04-29-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czechexpert (Post 48984509)
I think that Kundratek is under contract for one more season in Washington. This year it was only his second season in AHL, he signed three year entry level contract. He still has chance to make it to NHL, it would be nonsense to return to Europe.

Yeah I thought this was his last year.

alko 04-29-2012 05:11 AM

I dont know how it is, but in HK LEv POprad were some players, they had 2 years contract.
Rae they considered as a team members of this new team? or are they UFAs?

zorz 04-29-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alko (Post 49004505)
I dont know how it is, but in HK LEv POprad were some players, they had 2 years contract.
Rae they considered as a team members of this new team? or are they UFAs?

I have no idea. We'll probably find out sooner or later.

Kesid 04-30-2012 03:24 PM

Well, I heard about Popperle, Nedvěd and Hovi (Slovan too).

Jiří Hunkes told me that he has contract for the next season and he expects to play for Lev. Jank, Novotný and Sekáč have contracts for the next season too.

Mikuš and Bartečko should be locked too, because I read it on their website.

I'm really looking forward to see Sejejs as GM, what a great guy!

ozo 04-30-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesid (Post 49063281)
I'm really looking forward to see Sejejs as GM, what a great guy!

On what exactly are you basing this statement?

Kesid 04-30-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 49063611)
On what exactly are you basing this statement?

On my personal experiences when I had a chance to meet him and talk to him few times when he played in CZ/SVK.

zorz 04-30-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesid (Post 49063281)
Well, I heard about Popperle, Nedvěd and Hovi (Slovan too).

Jiří Hunkes told me that he has contract for the next season and he expects to play for Lev. Jank, Novotný and Sekáč have contracts for the next season too.

Mikuš and Bartečko should be locked too, because I read it on their website.

I'm really looking forward to see Sejejs as GM, what a great guy!

I'd love if these guys were on the team next season. But I also hope they are going to get some real players too so they could avoid being a bottom feeder again. Not sure if Nedvěd is the guy that brings you to the KHL playoffs (I assume he would be the main star).

slovakiasnextone 04-30-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesid (Post 49063281)
Well, I heard about Popperle, Nedvěd and Hovi (Slovan too).

Jiří Hunkes told me that he has contract for the next season and he expects to play for Lev. Jank, Novotný and Sekáč have contracts for the next season too.

Mikuš and Bartečko should be locked too, because I read it on their website.

I'm really looking forward to see Sejejs as GM, what a great guy!

On which website did you read it about Mikúš?

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/128670/j...sa-vyjadrovat/

Sounds like Lev and Slovan might actually fight for him. And it also sounds like his future would be safer in Slovan if he´s right about Lev´s plans to invest.

Kesid 04-30-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 49064381)
I'd love if these guys were on the team next season. But I also hope they are going to get some real players too so they could avoid being a bottom feeder again. Not sure if Nedvěd is the guy that brings you to the KHL playoffs (I assume he would be the main star).

I couldn't agree more, they need to be better.

I think Nedvěd will be the new face of Lev, guy who will be on billboards etc.

Kesid 04-30-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone (Post 49064433)
On which website did you read it about Mikúš?

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/128670/j...sa-vyjadrovat/

Sounds like Lev and Slovan might actually fight for him. And it also sounds like his future would be safer in Slovan if he´s right about Lev´s plans to invest.

Like I said - I read it on their website (about Bartečko and Mikúš).

http://hclev.eu/clanek.asp?id=683

vorky 04-30-2012 04:15 PM

problem is that a few guys have contract with HC LEV Poprad for next season but HC LEV Praha is not successor of HC LEV Poprad. So, are these contracts valid (like in case Thrashers/ Jets last summer) or not? I dont know...

slovakiasnextone 04-30-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesid (Post 49064939)
Like I said - I read it on their website (about Bartečko and Mikúš).

http://hclev.eu/clanek.asp?id=683

But that´s an article back from January and it´s about Lev Poprad not about Lev Praha. At that time it wasn´t even really known that Lev will move to Praha.

In the article i posted Mikúš clearly says that what he has with Lev is not a contract at all, just some kind of a vocal agreement. And from the way he spoke about it it didn´t sound like something that should 100% keep him in Lev.

vorky 04-30-2012 04:59 PM

yep, it is true - Mikus does not have contract with HC LEV Praha. But I am not sure if HC LEV does not have rights for him, you know RFA (or OSA in KHL terms). All depends on legal status of HC LEV Praha - successor or not?

Kesid 04-30-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone (Post 49066115)
But that´s an article back from January and it´s about Lev Poprad not about Lev Praha. At that time it wasn´t even really known that Lev will move to Praha.

In the article i posted Mikúš clearly says that what he has with Lev is not a contract at all, just some kind of a vocal agreement. And from the way he spoke about it it didn´t sound like something that should 100% keep him in Lev.

I'm not KHL expert and not even fan of Lev, but I assume Lev Poprad is the same team like Lev Praha and the only difference is that now they will play in Prague, that's all.

Yeah, in your article is clearly said that Mikúš don't have contract with Lev so you're right. I don't want to argue with anybody, I just said what I know.

vorky 04-30-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesid (Post 49067323)
I'm not KHL expert and not even fan of Lev, but I assume Lev Poprad is the same team like Lev Praha and the only difference is that now they will play in Prague, that's all.

no, it is not. People like to think it but it is not true. KHL made a statement that HC LEV Prague is not legally the same team as HC LEV Poprad was. Ownership of HC LEV Prague is different like HC LEV Poprad was. HC LEV Poprad was slovak club, HC LEV Prague is czech club in legal terms. I know, it is just legal thing but very important. Some people dont know these details, so they are confused many times.

Kesid 04-30-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 49067659)
no, it is not. People like to think it but it is not true. KHL made a statement that HC LEV Prague is not legally the same team as HC LEV Poprad was. Ownership of HC LEV Prague is different like HC LEV Poprad was. HC LEV Poprad was slovak club, HC LEV Prague is czech club in legal terms. I know, it is just legal thing but very important. Some people dont know these details, so they are confused many times.

Okay, then I was probably wrong. I just assumed it when I was talking to Jiří, maybe i misunderstood.

So how they want to fix it? Those guys have contracts with Poprad so they have to be released or they can be moved to different teams?

vorky 04-30-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesid (Post 49068021)
Okay, then I was probably wrong. I just assumed it when I was talking to Jiří, maybe i misunderstood.

So how they want to fix it? Those guys have contracts with Poprad so they have to be released or they can be moved to different teams?

I would not say you misunderstood. It is such a complicated legal thing ... if you dont work for HC LEV or KHL, you have no chance to understand it. Believe me.

To answer your Q - I have no idea. On one hand, HC LEV Prague is not HC LEV Poprad in legal terms according to KHL statement. On the other hand you wrote Hunkes has valid contract for next season. It is true, look He could not resign new contract with HC LEV Prague during may/april (rules does not allow it). So if he has valid contract for next season, it must be that signed with HC LEV Poprad last summer (2y deal). If he has contract for next season, then other guys have as well (see my link). Complicated situation

Mirinho 05-03-2012 07:50 AM

HC Lev Prague
 
it's time to start new thread for this hockey club ... :)


... keep this thread informed if you'll find out something new


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.