HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Anyone else in a playoff daze right now? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1183857)

Knight of the Realm 05-04-2012 05:12 PM

Anyone else in a playoff daze right now?

I can't shake this feeling of being in a shocked stupor (even with faith in this team). Hard to explain but I feel emotionally drained after each game to the point where it is hard to take it in and enjoy the moment. Long way to go still but I feel like I wont be able to rest until we are either eliminated or raising that cup.

In 92-93 I had confidence and a clear sense that LA would be in the finals. This year has been more of an awe/hope and try to catch a breath.

I have faith but it is a one-game-at-a-time approach.

Loving this playoffs almost painfully so. Glad our coach and team have their heads on straight while I am losing mine.

Go Kings Go!

eleventy 05-04-2012 05:12 PM

I'm exactly the same way. I don't know how I'm supposed to be feeling right now. It is very strange.

Shellz 05-04-2012 05:20 PM

Totally agree...even after the wins, I'm happy...but I have that attitude where I won't be satisfied til the Kings get cup..if they do. I really am proud of this team, they have come a long way and I hope it's just the beginning.

jimmy1100 05-04-2012 05:21 PM

It's been more of a surreal thing for me. Just last night I was telling the girlfriend that I had finally realized just how well we've been playing. I've been seeing all of it, but have been so blown away by the success that I hadn't yet stepped back and consciously accepted that we are just playing excellent hockey.

Cook24 05-04-2012 05:22 PM

I can count to potato.

Dave33 05-04-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm (Post 49272497)
I can't shake this feeling of being in a shocked stupor (even with faith in this team). Hard to explain but I feel emotionally drained after each game to the point where it is hard to take it in and enjoy the moment. Long way to go still but I feel like I wont be able to rest until we are either eliminated or raising that cup.

In 92-93 I had confidence and a clear sense that LA would be in the finals. This year has been more of an awe/hope and try to catch a breath.

Loving this playoffs almost painfully so. Glad our coach and team has their heads on straight while I am losing mine.

Go Kings Go!

Really? I did not share that sense.

Definitely in a stupor though. These playoffs are a surreal experience.

Shellz 05-04-2012 05:25 PM

I'm almost waiting for them to screw up and I hate that thinking. I was never like that till this season. It's hard not to enjoy the winning, but in the back of my head..I'm just waiting till they lose. I think it's easier to deal with thinbgs that way. Fml.

JBernierFan 05-04-2012 05:27 PM

These playoffs feel very different than 93, IMO. I was 13 going on 14 that year so I was just along for the ride, maybe not realizing how special it was. I'd been following the Kings at that point for 3 years.

This year, obviously, I've been following the Kings since 1990, so I've been through a lot. I understand now how hard it is to make it even this far, and dominate the way we have been. Think about it, we've only lost ONE game to this point. We didn't even go on this kind of win streak in the regular season, being 7-1 at this point. It's pretty remarkable.

Watching each game, I start nervous, but when the Kings come out rolling (or weathering the storm depending the game) once 10 minutes has gone by in the 1st I sit back calmly. It's such a weird feeling. I don't THINK the Kings will will each game, I KNOW. My heart picked up a little when the Blues scored the 2nd goal making it 3-2, but I still was pretty calm. It's amazing.

Zizou 05-04-2012 05:36 PM

Weird.

Nefarious 05-04-2012 05:37 PM

I certainly don't get the game jitters anymore. I have very good confidence in our goalie, and the defense. The offense was always the problem, but even that has come into it's own. The guys are poised and mentally tough. They've been practicing close games all season, so they're not panicing and keep pusing forward with that killer instinct.

At this point, everything is coming together and the team not only feels they can win, they KNOW they can win.

HollywoodCory 05-04-2012 05:41 PM

I've found myself repeatedly asking "Am I dreaming".

And I have to tell you, alot of people here in Calgary are begging for Sutter to come back right now. :laugh:

FrozenKing18 05-04-2012 05:43 PM

You're not the only one.

Ziggy Stardust 05-04-2012 05:46 PM

It's called "Purple Haze" maaaan.

KINGS17 05-04-2012 05:53 PM

This doesn't even compare to 1993. This team is young and only going to get better even as these playoffs continue. In 1993 I was always wondering when the wheels were going to come off when it came to goaltending.

Every OT game in the Finals it was like the Montreal players just checked with Roy and he was "Yeah, I got this."

TwzKing 05-04-2012 05:53 PM

I've been very pessimistic (not how i am normally) on my facebook and to my family. I was called out by my parents and couple of my close friends. Pretty much they told me to stop waiting for your team you love so much to fail and enjoy the ride because,

"The journey is as important as the destination"

So with that in mind im trying to soak as much of this in as possible.

ru4reals 05-04-2012 05:54 PM

Wow that's exactly what I feel!

DryIslandBartender 05-04-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 49273753)
This doesn't even compare to 1993. This team is young and only going to get better even as these playoffs continue. In 1993 I was always wondering when the wheels were going to come off when it came to goaltending.

Every OT game in the Finals it was like the Montreal players just checked with Roy and he was "Yeah, I got this."

The wheels did come off with Goaltending in 93'. Didn't Hrudey get pulled for Stauber a few times?

But yeah, we ran into a brick wall aka Roy. One of the few times that guy wrecked our chances for the elusive Cup for this franchise.

null33 05-04-2012 06:07 PM

We've crossed over to Storybookland, people.

It's the only possible explanation.

JCabranes 05-04-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Loving this playoffs almost painfully so. Glad our coach and team has their heads on straight while I am losing mine.

Go Kings Go!

lol. I'm happy as a clam. After 35 years of being emotionally savaged by the Kings all I was hoping for was a good showing. Today, I was listening to Home Ice on XM and heard a discussion in which the Kings were described as a juggernaut and they were wondering if any team in the East could match up with them. As God as my witness, I feel like I have stumbled into an alternate universe. Great times to be a Kings fan. gkg

null33 05-04-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwzKing (Post 49273773)
I've been very pessimistic (not how i am normally) on my facebook and to my family. I was called out by my parents and couple of my close friends. Pretty much they told me to stop waiting for your team you love so much to fail and enjoy the ride because,

"The journey is as important as the destination"

So with that in mind im trying to soak as much of this in as possible.

That's the spirit.

Gotta watch how the coaches approach it -- cautiously optimistic, but relentlessly positive.

It's easy to be a cynic. But attitude usually carries the day.

Cruel11 05-04-2012 06:10 PM

These games are messing up my sleep schedule. I finally fell asleep at 5 AM. It's a good thing I have nothing to do today, cos feel like a zombie. :help:

Butch 19 05-04-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Go Kings Go!

I feel just the opposite:

'93 - I hoped we would win and advance
'12 - I feel (or know) we can win. Well, winning 7/8 makes it easier to wrap my brain around that.

Last night after the game, I could barely talk. Didn't get my voice back until around lunchtime today.

DocWest 05-04-2012 06:16 PM

I can't really process it all just yet. The games are so tense and I can't sleep for hours after a win. Luckily I was able to watch Team USA play France last night. In the morning I feel so emotionally drained, but in a good way. It's pretty awesome just thinking about the fact that we are currently living through and witnessing what may end up being the best Kings team of all time. It's unreal and I love every second of it.

Svensational 05-04-2012 06:19 PM

Glad D Sutter is doing well. 31-14 since he took over or something like that... Always thought he was a good coach. Sucks we came short in '04 (Flames)

ouendan1 05-04-2012 06:19 PM

I'm definitely still shocked to see them doing this well. But normally during the game I'll have a razor sharp focus and a nervous tension until it's over. Once it is over though and I know the Kings won I take it all in and honestly enjoy the rest of the evening with the biggest smile on my face. When the Kings eliminated Vancouver after my loud shouting and cheering I was completely overcome with laughter for like an hour.

Bless my non-hockey fan girlfriend. She's been hella patient with me knowing how important the Kings are to me despite living in Michigan. She even watches the games with me and knows that my focus is on the TV and not her.