HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   News Article: Trade Anderson, Draft Malcolm Subban (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1184157)

SlapJack 05-05-2012 08:14 AM

Trade Anderson, Draft Malcolm Subban

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19719766.html

LOL @ Don Brennan. If he was running this team, they would be in 31st place every year. Man, that guy is neither smart or funny...not much of a writer to boot. But I guess it takes some serious skill to make Garrioch not be the worst staff member?

Beville 05-05-2012 08:32 AM

Not sure if serial.

Fenix Rises 2026 05-05-2012 09:36 AM

Hitting on a goalie prospect is like winning the lottery. Until they show they can do it night in and night out in the NHL, they haven't proven ****.

Trade Lehner/Bishop? Maybe if the price is right. Trade Andy? No chance.

Asquaredx2 05-05-2012 10:06 AM

Don't give him the attention he wants.

ben3001 05-05-2012 10:15 AM

Seriously how does this guy have a job.

The Expert 05-05-2012 10:23 AM

Is he trying to get fired?

hockeyalltheway 05-05-2012 10:23 AM

What a joke. You NEVER go full retard.

Powdered Toast Man 05-05-2012 10:25 AM

That's not happening, the Western conference is pretty set goaltending wise and there is not a chance in hell I am down with handing Tampa or Toronto a goaltender. Not to mention I don't think Anderson's value is as high as he seems to think it is...and I like Anderson. Any value we get from trading Anderson is not going to make up for the fact our goaltending would be extremely unproven.

saskriders 05-05-2012 10:30 AM

Lehner is our goalie of the future right now, and if he doesn't turn out then it will be Bishop

No point wasting a pick on a goalie

SixthSens 05-05-2012 10:31 AM

Joke of an article by a joke of a columnist.

ottsenny 05-05-2012 10:35 AM

It's so brutal that a guy with so little insight/intelligence has such a huge platform to spout off his useless thoughts. I've been going to this site for years (without posting until recently) and can say that easily half the posters on this site would provide a better read.

Nager 05-05-2012 10:46 AM

You guys need to stop feeding the troll :shakehead

Qward 05-05-2012 10:47 AM

there is only one goalie i want at the draft. and his name aint subban

Iamok 05-05-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Expert (Post 49291717)

Pretty hard to get fired with all the traffic you generate from your "work".

Tundraman 05-05-2012 10:56 AM

Toronto went the young goalie route and it cost them a playoff spot. The future looks bright but Bishop has yet to prove himself at the NHL level and neither has Lehner. Everyone remembers Mike Brodeur who looked so good as a short term call-up. Any goalie can look great for a few games but it's a long season. Bishop will probably be the one that is just a stop gap. An inexpensive backup for next season who'll likely bring back an equivalent 2nd pick or better at some point in the future.

There is a school of thought that says that with a young team you can grow your goaltenders while your team gains experience but I think this team is past that point. It is not a totally young team in the true sense of the word just inexperienced in certain spots.

The King of Town 05-05-2012 11:42 AM

Subban's not a 67, I'm surprised Brennan even knows both his name and position at the same time.

ud 05-05-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Attention like this is why he has a job still

the tribute 05-05-2012 11:58 AM

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_r...=1303406004560

Hossa 05-05-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

I think we both know if the that was possible Brennan would be long gone by now.

the tribute 05-05-2012 12:04 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/20012084.jpg

Kickabrat 05-05-2012 12:07 PM

FIRST you draft Subban.
Second you go to camp and decide which goalies you want to go to war with.
Third, IF you decide you have an abundance of goalies THEN you decide if trading one of them will get you what you need in another area.

You DON'T trade your starting goalie in the HOPE that you draft another one AND before determining if Lehner/Bishop are good enough to handle the load.

I can just see it now: "with the 14th pick the Flames are proud to select Malcolm Subban" and then POOF there goes his dumb ass plan.

Just one word to describe Brennan....moron.

FolignoQuantumLeap 05-05-2012 12:09 PM

Don can count to potato.

John Holmes* 05-05-2012 12:11 PM

I read the article. Nothing inflammatory there at all.

In fact, if you can take off your homer shades for a few minutes, and think logically, what he says can make sense.

Anderson looks to be a top tier goalie right now. He is signed to a pretty reasonable contract, and in all likelyhood, he won't be around or will have been pushed out of the starters position by Lehner (hopefully) when the team is actually a legitimate contender again.

If you can flip him now for a couple of good young prospects...why not?

Anderson could solidify a number of "good" teams that have weak goaltending. He could bring us back a pretty substantial return. Teams that are close WILL overpay to get a proven goaltender.

The overreaction to Brennan's article is comical.

Don't waste your hate on this one.

the tribute 05-05-2012 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just tweeted him this

the tribute 05-05-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Holmes (Post 49294121)
I read the article. Nothing inflammatory there at all.

In fact, if you can take off your homer shades for a few minutes, and think logically, what he says can make sense.

Anderson looks to be a top tier goalie right now. He is signed to a pretty reasonable contract, and in all likelyhood, he won't be around or will have been pushed out of the starters position by Lehner (hopefully) when the team is actually a legitimate contender again.

If you can flip him now for a couple of good young prospects...why not?

Anderson could solidify a number of "good" teams that have weak goaltending. He could bring us back a pretty substantial return. Teams that are close WILL overpay to get a proven goaltender.

The overreaction to Brennan's article is comical.

Don't waste your hate on this one.

Refer to the meme I just posted except think of "posts" instead of articles.