HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Coyotes' Klesla Suspended for Game 5 (For Boarding Halischuk) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1184293)

canadianpredsfan97 05-05-2012 01:22 PM

Coyotes' Klesla Suspended for Game 5 (For Boarding Halischuk)

It's good to see that Klesla is going to have to face justice for what he did last night.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/..._on_halischuk/

Cashville 05-05-2012 01:31 PM

Should get a game or two. Still think it should have been a major in the game.

dulzhok 05-05-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 (Post 49301951)
It's good to see that Klesla is going to have to face justice for what he did last night.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/..._on_halischuk/

Good one of the most vicious hits of the playoffs. Can't believe it wasn't a 5 and game. Certainly would have been if it was Tootoo.

Not that we would have scored on a 5 minute PP, but... maybe.

NoNecksCurse 05-05-2012 01:32 PM

$2500 fine or 1 game

canadianpredsfan97 05-05-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 49302789)
$2500 fine or 1 game

Did Weber have a hearing? I was telling some buddies last night if Klesla doesn't get suspended, I don't what to hear anymore about Weber.

101st_fan 05-05-2012 01:49 PM

The video of him pulling Halischuk back by the jersey then ramming him into the boards is going to get him punished. It wasn't just a push, but, a deliberate series of acts that propelled him head first into the boards. He won't get more than one game, maybe just a fine since he's gone since 2006 without supplemental discipline.

It did look like Whitney at least asked if Hali was ok as he got up. If only Klesla would have showed the same level of sportsmanship.

NoNecksCurse 05-05-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 (Post 49302953)
Did Weber have a hearing? I was telling some buddies last night if Klesla doesn't get suspended, I don't what to hear anymore about Weber.

yeah weber had a hearing and received $2500 fine.

expect the same or maybe 1 game

predfan24 05-05-2012 02:46 PM

It's a joke that didn't get 5 minutes.

checkerdome 05-05-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predfan24 (Post 49308163)
It's a joke that didn't get 5 minutes.

If a 5 minute penalty were assessed, the ability of the Yotes to win the game might have been compromised.

I didn't get the impression the officials were particularly interested in that outcome.

For further reference, please see Preds goal that was disallowed(the most recent one.)

29dryden29 05-05-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preissingg (Post 49308879)
If a 5 minute penalty were assessed, the ability of the Yotes to win the game might have been compromised.

I didn't get the impression the officials were particularly interested in that outcome.

For further reference, please see Preds goal that was disallowed(the most recent one.)

The disalowed goal in last nights game was the correct call watching the replay on TSN showing the whole thing unfold the preds players forced Smith back into his net thus rendering it impossible for him to even attempt to make the save which is the correct call. In the Rangers Sens series the refs clearly blew that call when Neil shoved Henrik out of the way allowing the Sens to score.

CantbeatzPekka 05-05-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 49311997)
The disalowed goal in last nights game was the correct call watching the replay on TSN showing the whole thing unfold the preds players forced Smith back into his net thus rendering it impossible for him to even attempt to make the save which is the correct call. In the Rangers Sens series the refs clearly blew that call when Neil shoved Henrik out of the way allowing the Sens to score.

:laugh: so smith not being able to find the puck means for the refs to blow their whistles? no it was a terrible call by dan holleran, inexcusable. why do you htink TORONTOs main office called him after that. Either to congratulate him on helping the yotes or told him swallow his whistle bcuz he made the wrong call.

29dryden29 05-05-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka (Post 49312165)
:laugh: so smith not being able to find the puck means for the refs to blow their whistles? no it was a terrible call by dan holleran, inexcusable. why do you htink TORONTOs main office called him after that. Either to congratulate him on helping the yotes or told him swallow his whistle bcuz he made the wrong call.

Um Smith being forced inside of his own net made it impossible to stop the puck that is why it was disallowed.

CantbeatzPekka 05-05-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 49312255)
Um Smith being forced inside of his own net made it impossible to stop the puck that is why it was disallowed.

yeah after the puck crossed the goal-line

101st_fan 05-05-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

It depends which explanation you want to believe. The league emailed out intent to blow, Dan told the coaches a goalie push in.

canadianpredsfan97 05-05-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

You explain to me on that replay where he was forced it. It wasn't your typical rugby hockey play where players whack away whack away and try to force the goalie in. AT MOST, Patric pushed him slightly with his stick. But on the overhead, you can tell Smith sliding backwards on his own pads. That was a GOAL. 9 times out of 10 that gets called as such.

No guarantee we would've won that game in OT, much less we still should've won in the 2nd but that was a goal.

canadianpredsfan97 05-05-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 49312359)
It depends which explanation you want to believe. The league emailed out intent to blow, Dan told the coaches a goalie push in.

See that too Dryden. Why can't the league office get its story straight. Which was it? Why was the press and Trotz told two different things?

29dryden29 05-05-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka (Post 49312337)
yeah after the puck crossed the goal-line

It was well before the puck crossed the line if it is posted on TSN watch it you will see him get pushed in then the puck goes in.

101 I hate that stupid intent to blow the whistle crap if you intend to blow it blow if you don't too bad.

canadianpredsfan97 05-05-2012 04:42 PM

He was given a slight nudge if that by Patric. I've seen that called in favor of a goal constantly. It's those rugby type scrums that I will concur should not be goals but that puck was loose and Smith could've had that puck, he wasn't hindered very much as with the overhang I repeat, you can see Smith sliding backwards on his own.

checkerdome 05-05-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Um, so because Smith couldn't stop the puck, the goal was disallowed?

token grinder 05-05-2012 06:45 PM

2500 fine. that is what he should get.

as for the goal, if horn ushed him in the goal with one hand on his stick, he is thors cousin or something. I thought it was well played by smith to do the splits into the goal and look at the ref and cry

29dryden29 05-05-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preissingg (Post 49315367)
Um, so because Smith couldn't stop the puck, the goal was disallowed?

No because a preds player made it so he was unable to stop the puck just like the goal disalowed in the Flyers Devils game where Giroux got the 2 min also which I thought was a little too much since they called off the goal. You keep the goalie from being able to do what he is supposed to with contact for example pushing him into the net and the goal should be waived off. as a goalie myself I lose my **** when this happens.

checkerdome 05-05-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 49316845)
No because a preds player made it so he was unable to stop the puck just like the goal disalowed in the Flyers Devils game where Giroux got the 2 min also which I thought was a little too much since they called off the goal. You keep the goalie from being able to do what he is supposed to with contact for example pushing him into the net and the goal should be waived off. as a goalie myself I lose my **** when this happens.

...worked out pretty well for the Yotes and the league.

Legionnaire11 05-05-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 49316147)
2500 fine. that is what he should get.

as for the goal, if horn ushed him in the goal with one hand on his stick, he is thors cousin or something. I thought it was well played by smith to do the splits into the goal and look at the ref and cry

i'm honestly not impressed with Smith's antics. I didn't pay attention to him this season until the Shaw hit. It appeared to me then that he embellished a bit on that one.

Every time the puck is behind the net, he stands back there with it taking up as much space as possible and only passing it out at the last second. He knows that if an opponent initiates contact it will be a penalty. The only decent part of this is that he has a tendency to make mistakes handling the puck.

The plays that you mentioned, and last night when the Preds had some good pressure and momentum, Smith conveniently needs to have his equipment adjusted...

I suppose if he were on my team I would be applauding him for his sneaky gamesmanship, but as an opponent it's extremely frustrating. Similar to Hasek constantly knocking the net loose.

29dryden29 05-05-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 (Post 49317475)
i'm honestly not impressed with Smith's antics. I didn't pay attention to him this season until the Shaw hit. It appeared to me then that he embellished a bit on that one. Every time the puck is behind the net, he stands back there with it taking up as much space as possible and only passing it out at the last second. He knows that if an opponent initiates contact it will be a penalty. The only decent part of this is that he has a tendency to make mistakes handling the puck.

The plays that you mentioned, and last night when the Preds had some good pressure and momentum, Smith conveniently needs to have his equipment adjusted...

I suppose if he were on my team I would be applauding him for his sneaky gamesmanship, but as an opponent it's extremely frustrating. Similar to Hasek constantly knocking the net loose.

He sure did play that hit up and I hate that crap take the hit like a man I still say even as a goalie if you want to stray behind the net you should be able to be hit. I mean as a goalie going behind the net to play the puck if a skater came in on me I would sure lay the body on him so why shouldn't we be able to be hit also.

checkerdome 05-05-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 (Post 49317475)
i'm honestly not impressed with Smith's antics. I didn't pay attention to him this season until the Shaw hit. It appeared to me then that he embellished a bit on that one.

Every time the puck is behind the net, he stands back there with it taking up as much space as possible and only passing it out at the last second. He knows that if an opponent initiates contact it will be a penalty. The only decent part of this is that he has a tendency to make mistakes handling the puck.

Wasn't Hasek also known for conveniently losing his stick when the other guys were buzzing around him and(unfortunately):naughty:clogging the passing and shooting lanes in the vicinity of his net?