HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   2012 Mock Draft top 8: (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1185799)

JVReemer 05-07-2012 09:28 PM

2012 Mock Draft top 8:

1. Edmonton Oilers: Nail Yakupov
Elite Winger, no competition between him and Murray as far as status. Compared to Bure.

2. Columbus Blue Jackets: Ryan Murray
Solid defenseman, strong +/-, however he doesn't have a huge offensive up-side. Compared to Lidstrom.

3. Montreal Canadians: Mikhail Grigorenko
Large Centre with phenomenal talent. Drive was in question, but it was released that he had been ill during this time. Compared to Malkin.

4. New York Islanders: Matthew Dumba
Most offensive defenseman in the draft, also hits hard. NYI need a talented defense, not a Winger/Center that is otherwise available. Compared to Phaneuf.

5. Toronto Maple Leafs: Alex Galchenyuk
Very skilled 2 - way center that the leafs crave, may not be large, but he plays large. Has had injury trouble. Compared to Anze Kopitar.

6. Anaheim Ducks: Filip Forsberg
They have to take Forsberg, he is by far the best player available, and said to be NHL ready today. Compared to alfredsson.

7. Minnesota Wild: Morgan Rielly
Strong puck moving defenseman, who skates effortlessly. Compared to Duncan Keith.

8. Carolina Hurricans: Teuvo Teravainen
A small, speedy, all around offensive talent. I find him similar to Michael Cammalleri.

NH57 05-07-2012 09:32 PM

I like it, a very good mock.

pooleboy 05-08-2012 01:25 PM

Everytime the Leafs get galchenyuk I'm happy. So I'm happy :)

DuckJet 05-08-2012 01:28 PM

Don't mind it one bit. Forsberg is talented and Murray loves Swedes.
One thing I'll say is, don't bet on him being NHL ready next year. Or at least making the Ducks. He didn't exactly drop jaws with his numbers at the WJC and U-18. Ducks won't keep him around unless he can show some kind of 30-40 point upside...he didn't even get that in Allsvenskan. Alfie is a decent comparison, but I like Corey Perry without the agitator streak as a comparison. Forsberg showed me the he's a power forward type sniper.

I'll add a pick for you

Winnipeg: Griffin Reinhart D

PaulSedin 05-08-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 49440451)
Don't mind it one bit. Forsberg is talented and Murray loves Swedes.
One thing I'll say is, don't bet on him being NHL ready next year. Or at least making the Ducks. He didn't exactly drop jaws with his numbers at the WJC and U-18. Ducks won't keep him around unless he can show some kind of 30-40 point upside...he didn't even get that in Allsvenskan. Alfie is a decent comparison, but I like Corey Perry without the agitator streak as a comparison. Forsberg showed me the he's a power forward type sniper.

I'll add a pick for you

Winnipeg: Griffin Reinhart D

WPG would pick Trouba i wouldn't be surprised if Reinhart falls past the top 15

DuckJet 05-08-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulSedin (Post 49441709)
WPG would pick Trouba i wouldn't be surprised if Reinhart falls past the top 15

It was one or the other. I think Reinhart's safe play and earlier ETA will play a role in it though. Trouba is 2-5 years removed.

Huffer 05-08-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 49443227)
It was one or the other. I think Reinhart's safe play and earlier ETA will play a role in it though. Trouba is 2-5 years removed.

I would be quite happy with either Trouba or Reinhart. Could see reasons to take either.

Doobz89 05-08-2012 04:08 PM

Good mock, there are so many mocks that have the jackets taking ryan murray 2nd overall but I don't see this happening. I think they'll take a forward either galchenyuk or Forsberg, does anyone else thin this because evey mock ive read have them taking murray.

WILDTATE10 05-08-2012 06:44 PM

Good Wild pick

Maitz 05-11-2012 10:31 PM

Murray, not a very good offensive upside but compare to Lidstrom?

Just kidding, overall it's a very good mock draft.