HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Proposal: Kane + for Nash (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1185811)

tatoo 05-07-2012 09:49 PM

Kane + for Nash

I know most people won't even think of doing this,but his off ice stuff will get to the hawks management one day.montreal got sick of chelios and his downtown activity.that was the main reason he got traded.i'm from Montreal and seen and heard from friends who witnessed chelios antics.he was just wild when he was young.i think kaner is the same way.great talent but a bit of a head case off the ice.if the hawks don't mind all this off ice stuff then he'll be a hawk for a long time.i hope he grows up fast.

MadhouseOnMadison 05-07-2012 09:54 PM

His merchandise sells the most, he scored the first Cup winning goal we've seen in 50 years, and he's a fan favorite.

I agree the guy is a bit of a stooge off the ice but I doubt management ever gets fed up with him to the point of trading him because of what he does in his free time. Now if he has several more seasons of subpar play then they might consider it if the right deal came along. Maybe.

madgoat33 05-07-2012 10:07 PM

good god no. Not only is nash one of the most dislikable guys on the planet, but his cap hit is like 2 mil higher than kane's.

Judrix 05-07-2012 10:09 PM

wait, the Hawks have to add to Kane to get Nash?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Blackhawkswincup 05-07-2012 10:34 PM

I think you are confused

Nash + 2nd overall for Kane is more like it

Hawks take on guy who's effort is more questionable and who has a horrid contract

Panzerspitze 05-07-2012 10:34 PM

Put down the crackpipe, OP.

massivegoonery 05-07-2012 10:54 PM

While Kane performed better in March,you cannot forget his laclustre display of disinterest from mid-nov through the end of February--that is one long awful stretch of disappointment he gave us...such a long poor stretch cannot happen again next year -OR ELSE!

As to his poor shooting %---that was the reason he got so few PP points and the reson why our PP was so lousy--you cannot waste a precious PP featured spot on such a lousy shot %...

So he MUIST shoot better--OR ELSE!

TO be fair--he did come off wrist surgery in starting the year --BUT he had a good first 15 games till mid-nov...so it baffles why it should cause him problems for so long after that,,,I think his disinterested play was a bigger cause of the non-production...

STILL-he was drafted for his "magic hands" -and so we ask--where have they gone?

brtriad 05-07-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massivegoonery (Post 49416689)
While Kane performed better in March,you cannot forget his laclustre display of disinterest from mid-nov through the end of February--that is one long awful stretch of disappointment he gave us...such a long poor stretch cannot happen again next year -OR ELSE!

As to his poor shooting %---that was the reason he got so few PP points and the reson why our PP was so lousy--you cannot waste a precious PP featured spot on such a lousy shot %...

TO be fair--he did come off wrist surgery in starting the year --BUT he had a good first 15 games till mid-nov...so it baffles why it should cause him problems for so long after that,,,I think his disinterested play was a bigger cause of the non-production...

STILL-he was drafted for his "magic hands" -and so we ask--where have they gone?

That's actually a pretty good impression.

BUT STAN --won't trade Kane because he's an 'all american boy' and not a RUSKIE.

MurrayBannerman 05-07-2012 11:06 PM

Did you forget the :sarcasm:

Kaner Coffee 05-07-2012 11:16 PM

if anything it would be Nash + for Kane. Also, no.

Sokil 05-07-2012 11:19 PM

can someone translate what the OP posted into sane?

brtriad 05-07-2012 11:22 PM

Pretty sure French is his native tongue. What he said was Kane parties too much. Management might want to trade Kane because of it. But it would be stupid for them to do it. I have no idea where Nash fits in. He can rot in Columbus for all I care.

Sevanston 05-07-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

It took me way too long to realize you were doing an impersonation.

I thought someone had taken over your account. That, or you'd recently received a lobotomy.

nbozich22 05-07-2012 11:27 PM

yeah lets ship off patrick kane for ****ing rick nash because he likes to party.. who gives a ****

Bubba88 05-08-2012 06:28 AM

Nash + JJ + #2 overall + 1st next year for Kane + Frolik + Olesz and I might consider it

HockeySensible 05-08-2012 06:56 AM

Ugh.. Kane's a "headcase" because he likes to have a good time in the summer.

Sir Psycho T 05-08-2012 07:03 AM

Kane + for one of the most overrated highest paid players in the NHL.

Where do we sign up?

Marotte Marauder 05-08-2012 07:12 AM

The organ-I-zation that had Bobby Hull, brought in Probie at the height of his madness and had Chelios is not too concerned about the off ice of a Pat Kane.

Sleight Of Hand 05-08-2012 07:25 AM

Ummmm. Absolutely no on that proposal.

UsernameWasTaken 05-08-2012 07:35 AM

No way I want Nash. Besides his albatross contract, he's got to be one of the most overrated players in the NHL. His numbers come no where near backing up the hype. :shakehead

Rexy 05-08-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

I lol'd

now write a 10,000 word essay on how Kyle Turris is a better prospect.

TorstenFrings 05-08-2012 10:05 AM

Pretty sure the only reasons to trade Kane would be to either improve on his position, improve the team overall with more depth or get significant cap relief to be able to improve the team depthwise. Trading him for another right wing with an even bigger cap hit, who certainly isn't worlds better than Kane, seems really unhelpful.

digdug41982 05-08-2012 10:07 AM

The plus is on the wrong side and now that we have that established, no to Kane for Nash+. It would be wrong not to consider Nash + 2nd overall for Kane but that is the only trade CBJ could make that would even get a second thought.

EmeticDonut 05-08-2012 10:31 AM

As long as Kane delivers on the ice, he can be as much of a ********* off the ice. Bobby Hull wasn't exactly a nice guy off the ice, but his number still hangs in the rafters.
Nash has passed the 70 pt mark once in his 9 seasons, Kane has done the same in 4 of his 5 seasons and you think something needs to be added to get Nash? Please.

committedindian86 05-08-2012 12:27 PM

Delusional CBJ fans are everywhere apparently. How about Keith, Seabrook, Sharp for Wiz too :sarcasm: