HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Thanks for the season! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1185943)

ninetynine* 05-07-2012 11:35 PM

Thanks for the season!

Thanks you Predators for a great season!

NoNecksCurse 05-07-2012 11:41 PM

no one looks to upset in the handshake... really doubt just how much they wanted to win. phoenix obviously wanted it more.

deansredhalo 05-07-2012 11:43 PM

Heh.

I have a different theory why.

NorthAlPredfan 05-07-2012 11:43 PM

It was a good run guys. We finally got some respect this season and hopefully the management will make the changes that let us advance next year. Thanks for a fun season.

ChesterCopperpot1 05-07-2012 11:44 PM

We got outplayed. Think we got the big head and never recovered. Oh well.

Go kings!

moosemeister 05-07-2012 11:49 PM

Great series Preds fans!

I look forward to the exciting games we will have next season against each other!

Hope you guys keep Suter!

Cashville 05-07-2012 11:49 PM

Honestly, when we started the year I thought we would be right at the playoff bubble. This team outperformed my expectations, and while it sucks now, beating DET was still pretty satisfying.

Love this team, have no desire to "FIRE EVERYONE!", and look forward to next year.

BourqueBourqueBork 05-07-2012 11:50 PM

Really burns watching the play tonight. We threw everything we had at them. In the end, Phoenix played a flawless defensive game. Blocking shots, blocking shooting lanes, tipping passes...they never seemed to have a stick in the wrong place.

My heart is heavy right now, and the loss really burns...but I'll always be proud of my Predators. Time to start making moves for next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 49423183)
no one looks to upset in the handshake... really doubt just how much they wanted to win. phoenix obviously wanted it more.

The handshake is about sportsmanship, and congratulating the opposing team for a hard fought series. It's not about licking your wounds and acting all depressed. They'll have plenty of time for that in the lockerroom and during the offseason.

Le Tricolore 05-07-2012 11:56 PM

good run, guys. hope to see a Habs/Preds final someday. (:

Fuelled by Passion 05-07-2012 11:56 PM

Indeed, thanks you Nashville for keeping me busy and for great moments.
2 Nashville fans, don't be so harsh on your team. Keep coming to arena, that's how guy in Winnipeg (like myself) notice you and get in love with your team. You guys have a very good young team with the best net-minder (despite what happened vs Phoenix) in the league.
Lot's of talent (Wilson, Halishchuk, Bourque, Ellis, Josi and more) some veterans that I personally admire (Erat, Weber) and very good coach who will bring a glory to your team. I wish your management will sign (re-sign) everyone they will wanna keep or add
Also. I would like to apologize if I was trying to get into conversations I shouldn't have. It is just hard to watch the games (especially PO) and not raise my opinion if I don't agree to what I read. I'm sorry again and believe me it only emotions, nothing personal

Thank you all and see you later,
Bandwagon fan from Winnipeg

Viqsi 05-08-2012 12:04 AM

Still flying both flags. Thanks, guys. Detroit got what they deserved, so I'm good. :)

Well, mostly good. I've said it elsewhere but I'll say it again here - after this and considering who they're going up against, if Phoenix doesn't go all the way to the finals I WILL BLOW UP THE ****ING WORLD.

BourqueBourqueBork 05-08-2012 12:40 AM

Yeah, beating Detroit was a big plus this season. That alone is a successful result IMO.

Still disappointed that we came up short in the second round, though. I think finally getting over the hump and winning the division would do wonders for us. It wouldn't guarantee playoff success, but at least it would give us probable home ice through the first two rounds.

tnvol 05-08-2012 01:23 AM

Disappointing end to the season for sure, but overall a good season. The team played some great hockey. Just wasn't our year. I can't wait for next season. I hope we see some of our key players back in the lineup. Go Preds!

ThirdManIn 05-08-2012 01:40 AM

You know...

I'm as passionate as they get. You can ask coviner (my brother) or JohniusMaximus (a good friend since middle school). I will shout and curse and get pissed off and act as irrational as the next guy.

You know what you can't take away from us now? "There is always next season." Seriously. There was a time when we couldn't say that. There was a time when I was calling people to let them know that if they wanted to see an NHL game in person in TN they needed to buy tickets to a game soon.

Here it is in all of its factual glory...

There's always next season. And the next. And the next.

We haven't won it all yet, but we've ****ing won. We have a team, and it's going no where :yo:

PredsHockey 05-08-2012 02:00 AM

This hurts worse than 2006. Tonight might be the worst night for me in Predators history game wise. Out of hockey, probably Belak's death and our pending sale. Just an outright awful time.

kypredsfan 05-08-2012 02:44 AM

Fun up and down season all. This just doesn't hurt as bad as 2006. I remember in 2006 being ousted in game 5 and I just sat in my seat in utter disbelief for about 10 min or so. This team seemed to use up all their effort in beating Detroit, which was a fine accomplishment. Maybe our young in grow up some and we get some more Ellis and Eckholm and maybe even Blum. Maybe next year is even better. Maybe, just maybe. :)

headsigh 05-08-2012 08:24 AM

Come on. We beat Detroit, took the hottest goaltender in the league to 6 games, and for our Thrasher converts, lasted longer in the playoffs than the Canadian teams. All this with two of our best players being suspended and also the entire team becoming allergic to faceoffs.

Also we lasted the longest out of every team in the Central.

We did pretty good. And for a guy who hasn't actually seen a playoff win until this year since 2007, I'm pretty happy. I'd say it was as close to healing as a guy can get after the thrashers-to-winnipeg debacle.

We have a good core of guys and I think we can re-sign not all but a significant amount (or at least the ones that matter- Suter/Weber/Rads/Kostitsyn/Wilson).

Bongo 05-08-2012 11:08 AM

Anything can happen in the playoffs. This certainly isn't the first time the better team lost to a hot goalie. There's a lot to build on from this past season. I look forward to more Saturday night games next year.

From all the fans in Atlanta, thank you for giving us something to cheer about.

Soundgarden 05-08-2012 11:14 AM

All in all good year. Can't wait for next season to start all ready.

golfmade 05-08-2012 11:28 AM

I apologize I wasn't around much during the regular season, just being in my first year of graduate school trying to study hard so that I can do well.

I have to admit: I'm SUPER happy to see that we have a lot of former Thrasher fans not only on our side but going to games. That's awesome to me.

Not happy with how this series went but what can ya do. Still super proud to root for this time and as always, I do my best to stand up for the Nashville Predators here in Taiwan.

Let's see what this summer is like (seriously if anyone has ANY inkling to visit Asia/Taiwan just let me know!) and I already can't wait for the start of next season.

Thank you everyone. :handclap:

kypredsfan 05-08-2012 11:28 AM

Glad to see the sun is still shining for most of us. :)

VFL615* 05-08-2012 11:36 AM

Thanks Nashville Predators for another fun season. Looking back on it we had some amazing games and wild wins. A bounce or two are way and this series would be a totally different story.
Hope management finally got the picture during this years playoffs concerning are top 6 and make some changes.
I am eager for next year and to see what guys like Wilson, Smith, Ellis, Josi, and Borqi turn into.

Everlong 05-08-2012 03:02 PM

Frustrating finish, but it usually is when the team doesn't advance.

It was a great race between the Preds, Blues, and Wings in the central during the regular season, and I was so pumped that the team took out Detroit in 5. Overall, I like the core group. Hard working, and spirited. Thanks for the season Predators. Time to watch some baseball. ;)

JohniusMaximus 05-08-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 49427443)
You know...

I'm as passionate as they get. You can ask coviner (my brother) or JohniusMaximus (a good friend since middle school). I will shout and curse and get pissed off and act as irrational as the next guy.

You know what you can't take away from us now? "There is always next season." Seriously. There was a time when we couldn't say that. There was a time when I was calling people to let them know that if they wanted to see an NHL game in person in TN they needed to buy tickets to a game soon.

Here it is in all of its factual glory...

There's always next season. And the next. And the next.

We haven't won it all yet, but we've ****ing won. We have a team, and it's going no where :yo:

New curse words were invented. We sold them to the Navy.