HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Dont stress and panic. Team is close (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1186025)

Master Shake* 05-08-2012 01:19 AM

Dont stress and panic. Team is close
 
You guys have a real nice team you have just had some crappy luck in the playoffs the past few years. Re-sign Suter, Gill and Gaustad. Go after a guy like Parise. If you guys improve the team this summer I think you are the favorites out of the West imo

Neal Before Zod 05-08-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Shake (Post 49427091)
You guys have a real nice team you have just had some crappy luck in the playoffs the past few years. Re-sign Suter, Gill and Gaustad. Go after a guy like Parise. If you guys improve the team this summer I think you are the favorites out of the West imo

If we resign Suter, I honestly don't think we'll have much left to even consider something as big as Parise's contract. Remember, we have to pay Weber his due, too.

Rinne is set @ $7 million
let's say Weber gets $8 million
resign Suter for a conservative $6 million
Parise will probably draw in the $7 million+ range.

That's ~$28 million in 3 players. About $24 million is tied up in players already signed through 2012...and you have $52 million divided up among 9 forwards, 5 defensemen, and a goalie. Even spending to the cap, that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room to pay quality NHLers to fill the gaps. I mean, it would be a great top-heavy team...but the depth would likely be atrocious.

TMI 05-08-2012 01:35 AM

The room exists. The question becomes "how long can we remain under the cap by playing quality players on ELC contracts?"

This year we're no where near the Chicago cap Hell we saw after they won (at least they won). Give it a year or two and who knows?

Master Shake* 05-08-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 49427375)
The room exists. The question becomes "how long can we remain under the cap by playing quality players on ELC contracts?"

This year we're no where near the Chicago cap Hell we saw after they won (at least they won). Give it a year or two and who knows?

Cap will go up. Cap is tied to revenues and the revenues are taking off. The NHL is doing VERY well. As long as Fehr doesnt ****** everything up that is. That guy is a parasite. Ruined baseball.

anyways, playoffs is where teams really make money and you guys are golden there for money


cap link btw
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=NAS

PredsHockey 05-08-2012 01:40 AM

Love the kind words, but where nowhere close to anything. Were about to go through a very rough summer where people are going to be going every which way, and we are going to be left with a bunch of questions and young guys who can step up, but without a solid vet core who can produce, were going to keep spinning in circles.

Master Shake* 05-08-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsHockey (Post 49427445)
Love the kind words, but where nowhere close to anything. Were about to go through a very rough summer where people are going to be going every which way, and we are going to be left with a bunch of questions and young guys who can step up, but without a solid vet core who can produce, were going to keep spinning in circles.

You dont credit Poile enough. Trust me, he is a fabulous extremely underrated GM. I would not worry if I was you.

Neal Before Zod 05-08-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 49427375)
The room exists. The question becomes "how long can we remain under the cap by playing quality players on ELC contracts?"

This year we're no where near the Chicago cap Hell we saw after they won (at least they won). Give it a year or two and who knows?

That's the big issue. If the other non-massive contracts are long term, that's one thing...but a lot of them will be ending next year or the year after. Then you know you'll be either be giving a big bump to some of them, or trading them away.

I don't opposing having a few big contracts...having 4 all around the $7 million mark is pushing it...because it limits a lot of the necessary role players that are going to be making $2-4 million. We can't be getting by on ELCs or AVCs (aging veteran contracts) and be a healthy team. When one of those big guns goes down with an injury, you need quality depth to replace them with. You don't want one player killing your whole season because it forces an AHLer into the lineup.

PredsHockey 05-08-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Shake (Post 49427659)
You dont credit Poile enough. Trust me, he is a fabulous extremely underrated GM. I would not worry if I was you.

I feel ya man trust me. I think Poile is the teams best asset. He brings in talent and Trotz molds them where he wants. I respect that a lot. With that said, we brought in the best team we have ever produced and probably will for a little bit, and we lost in 5 in the 2nd round. I don't know what I think needs to change, but something better happen soon, or situations like this will keep happening. I trust Polie and will continue to, but as a franchise, we need to move forward and this year was a definite step sideways if not backwards.

Reviled* 05-08-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsHockey (Post 49427817)
I feel ya man trust me. I think Poile is the teams best asset. He brings in talent and Trotz molds them where he wants. I respect that a lot. With that said, we brought in the best team we have ever produced and probably will for a little bit, and we lost in 5 in the 2nd round. I don't know what I think needs to change, but something better happen soon, or situations like this will keep happening. I trust Polie and will continue to, but as a franchise, we need to move forward and this year was a definite step sideways if not backwards.

The whole problem is bolded above.

kypredsfan 05-08-2012 05:36 AM

I'm staying opimistic. Maybe we get AK and Gill to sign short term deals here. Let Suter walk and sign a Matt Carle or someone. I should've said trade Suter's rights at the draft and get something for him. Next year's team shouldn't be too terribly different from this years. Our future is bright.

PredsV82 05-08-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One and Done (Post 49429251)
The whole problem is bolded above.

gonna change your name to "two and done"?

Or maybe "second round ceiling"?

Webersmashpuck 05-08-2012 09:25 AM

As pissed as I am at the loss, we are the team to beat in the central next year.

We pounded the Wings and likely set them back if Lidstrom leaves, Chicago has no goalie and no depth and St Louis hit the Hitchcock wall and about this time next year may be wanting him to be fired.

Retool and make the playoffs again and lets see what happens.

Roman Yoshi 05-08-2012 09:39 AM

http://finalbossfight.co.uk/wp-conte...-wait-what.jpg

Are you guys serious? There are going to be huge changes to our roster. Suter is pretty much for sure gone at this point. Weber could potentially be offer sheated. If Blum and Wilson had a choice, they probably wouldn't want to stick around either. I wouldn't be surprised if AK goes back to Montreal and if SK doesn't want to remain in Nashville if his brother leaves. Gaustad and Gill are either going to retire or go back to their organizations.

With Rads suspension, it will be interesting to see if he wants to stay here. Before I would've said yes... now not so much

29dryden29 05-08-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 (Post 49433727)
http://finalbossfight.co.uk/wp-conte...-wait-what.jpg

Are you guys serious? There are going to be huge changes to our roster. Suter is pretty much for sure gone at this point. Weber could potentially be offer sheated. If Blum and Wilson had a choice, they probably wouldn't want to stick around either. I wouldn't be surprised if AK goes back to Montreal and if SK doesn't want to remain in Nashville if his brother leaves. Gaustad and Gill are either going to retire or go back to their organizations.

With Rads suspension, it will be interesting to see if he wants to stay here. Before I would've said yes... now not so much

When Gill left he had said he wanted to return to Montreal from what I remember his family stayed back in MTL and his house is still there. Apparently Frankie was interviewed and said he too would like to return to MTL not that HABS fans really want either of them on our roster.

As for Rads I would honestly say you will be better off without him and his me before WE mentality.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...ffre-du-ch.php

BigFatCat999 05-08-2012 10:08 AM

Panic level is about a 2. My biggest concern is Trotz. I'll do the analysis of the team later.

kypredsfan 05-08-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 49434017)
When Gill left he had said he wanted to return to Montreal from what I remember his family stayed back in MTL and his house is still there. Apparently Frankie was interviewed and said he too would like to return to MTL not that HABS fans really want either of them on our roster.

As for Rads I would honestly say you will be better off without him and his me before WE mentality.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...ffre-du-ch.php

Well Bouillon's time as a Pred and maybe NHLer is about done. I'm fine with him being done as a Pred. Gill, I would like to have for a full season but no more than a 1 year deal. That would likely keep him from signing here. I'm still pretty optimistic on AK staying. He obviously helped the team.

golfmade 05-08-2012 11:36 AM

Thanks Master Shake. And funny enough I always imagine your posts in Master Shake's voice. :laugh:

29dryden29 05-08-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 49437759)
Well Bouillon's time as a Pred and maybe NHLer is about done. I'm fine with him being done as a Pred. Gill, I would like to have for a full season but no more than a 1 year deal. That would likely keep him from signing here. I'm still pretty optimistic on AK staying. He obviously helped the team.

Hopefully you guys can sign Gill we sure do not see a place for him in MTL the last 2 seasons were nothing but get rid of Gill he is terrible etc. As for Frankie he is on his last legs and I guess the only thing he would bring is maybe locker room presence and filler in case of injury.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.