HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Proposal: Canucks fan in peace (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1186755)

shortshorts 05-09-2012 01:53 AM

Canucks fan in peace
 
Just for my own knowledge would you guys ever consider a Kesler for Ryan trade?

Sojourn 05-09-2012 02:06 AM

If you had asked a year ago, I'd probably jump at the chance. Now? I don't think I would. Not without seeing how he does, and if he can stay healthy. Two surgeries like his in a little over a year is a big red flag.

Eddie Shack 05-09-2012 02:08 AM

Kesler is now damaged goods until he proves he is healthy. The Ducks have experience with torn labrum surgery and it isn't great.

Paul4587 05-09-2012 02:42 AM

A healthy Kesler? Hell yes. The guy that just had another surgery which takes at least 6 months before he can even play again? Probably not.

TheFlyingV 05-09-2012 02:48 AM

I'd think we'd be very interested if it weren't for the injury issues.

Ducks DVM 05-09-2012 02:48 AM

Ask again this time next year. We just had three players demonstrate this year what shoulder injuries do to a season.

Yesterday I said yes, however.

Exit Dose 05-09-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Shack (Post 49478269)
Kesler is now damaged goods until he proves he is healthy. The Ducks have experience with torn labrum surgery and it isn't great.

This sums it up for me.

KEEROLE Vatanen 05-09-2012 03:39 AM

I would absolutely consider it.

Pepper 05-09-2012 03:40 AM

Never. Not because the value isn't there but because I can't stand players like Kesler.

Gibson Les Palms 05-09-2012 03:50 AM

I completely agree with Sojourn. Regardless, ducks need to get somebody.

Duck Off 05-09-2012 12:59 PM

No. We need someone to play with Ryan, not replace him.

DuckJet 05-09-2012 01:40 PM

Agreeing with everyone else here. If he's healthy, then yes.

deanosaur 05-24-2012 01:53 PM

Which Ryan Kesler are we getting? From the Kings series this year, or the one from NSH series last year.

Crowdy 05-24-2012 04:23 PM

Kesler for 6th overall + Etem.

Most Ducks fans are going to ****, but I'd make this trade.

X - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Kesler - X
X - Koivu - Selanne

Gibson Les Palms 05-24-2012 04:25 PM

I would too ordinarily, but those injuries worry me.

jax00 05-24-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericnut (Post 50104171)
Kesler for 6th overall + Etem.

Most Ducks fans are going to ****, but I'd make this trade.

I think every Ducks fan would do that every day and twice on Sunday.

Canucks fans? Ehhh....

Duck Off 05-24-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericnut (Post 50104171)
Kesler for 6th overall + Etem.

Most Ducks fans are going to ****, but I'd make this trade.

X - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Kesler - X
X - Koivu - Selanne

Every duck fan should be willing to do that move IMO.

Ducks DVM 05-24-2012 05:53 PM

I want to see how effective he is after shoulder surgery first. If he loses strength and can't play the physical game or get his shot off it's no longer a bargain, and chances are he won't return to form until 2013-14.

Crowdy 05-24-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jax00 (Post 50105741)
I think every Ducks fan would do that every day and twice on Sunday.

Canucks fans? Ehhh....

Who was the center most Ducks fans wouldn't trade 6th overall and Etem for?

Lord Flashheart 05-24-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 50107345)
I want to see how effective he is after shoulder surgery first. If he loses strength and can't play the physical game or get his shot off it's no longer a bargain, and chances are he won't return to form until 2013-14.

For that reason alone I'd rather try and sign O.Jokinen (although he's likely to stay in Calgary).

Static 05-24-2012 06:18 PM

Kesler for Ryan is a discount price for Anaheim. I'd say yes to that deal even with the injury concern.

Emerald Duck 05-24-2012 06:18 PM

I'd rather trade the 6th + Palmieri unless the prospect in the deal has to be Etem.

As long as Selanne returns, someone will have to play out of position to accommodate Palmieri at RW. While Etem may spend most of next year in the AHL, we need a strong LW/LH shot in our Top 6 and Ryan can always move back to his natural RW position on the 2nd line when Etem makes the roster and/or Selanne retires.

Vipers31 05-24-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Static (Post 50108115)
Kesler for Ryan is a discount price for Anaheim. I'd say yes to that deal even with the injury concern.

I wouldn't have a good time saying yes even without the injury concerns, quite honestly. I really liked Kesler as a player, but I think people made too much of his pure numbers last year, and I don't think it's reflecting what he can be expected to provide as a player. He scored a ton of his points and goals on one of the best power plays in the game playing with the Sedins, from all I remember. He's a really good player, and an almost ideal second line center (if you don't have two top centers) - which is why I don't think there's much of a chance the Canucks move him - but I think last year was a bit of a statistical anomaly for him, and I really couldn't see Ryan being a discount.

Static 05-24-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipers31 (Post 50109161)
I wouldn't have a good time saying yes even without the injury concerns, quite honestly. I really liked Kesler as a player, but I think people made too much of his pure numbers last year, and I don't think it's reflecting what he can be expected to provide as a player. He scored a ton of his points and goals on one of the best power plays in the game playing with the Sedins, from all I remember. He's a really good player, and an almost ideal second line center (if you don't have two top centers) - which is why I don't think there's much of a chance the Canucks move him - but I think last year was a bit of a statistical anomaly for him, and I really couldn't see Ryan being a discount.

I'll take roughly 10 less points a year if it means the player coming back affects the play more than four to five minutes a game, and Kesler does that. Yes, he is a ******, and yes he does dive like a puss a hell of a lot, but he is also a much better hockey player than Ryan.

Gibsons Finest 05-24-2012 07:37 PM

WRT Kesler's offensive numbers, one could argue both 70 point seasons were flukes. One saw him chalk up 50 assists, another 40 goals. On average he's been good for 25g, 30a. Obviously he could be just hitting his offensive prime and could easily do it again, but between that and injury concerns, I wouldn't trade Ryan for him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.