HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   On having a solid defense. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1187087)

eco's bones 05-09-2012 02:08 PM

On having a solid defense.
 
Seems to me that the most potent offensive teams did not last very long in this season's playoffs. Penguins embarrassed by another offensive team--the Flyers who were then quickly dispatched by the Devils. Vancouver, Boston, Chicago, San Jose all bit the dust in the first round.

What's left--New Jersey, Phoenix, Los Angeles and either of the Rangers/Caps and the major theme here seems to be that good defense trumps great offense as even Ovechkin takes second place to his team's reliance on solid defensive play.

Bringing this up because I know that a lot of posters here think we just don't score enough but scoring enough really comes down to scoring one more than your opposition on any given night.

CM PUNK 05-09-2012 03:25 PM

the key though is that no one wants to add offense at the expense of our defense and become a run and gun team...they want to improve the offense on top of continuing to be just as good defensively lol

KingWantsCup 05-09-2012 04:14 PM

Just got a DVR for this game since I'll be at work... Phone is going into airplane mode until I get home at 11. LGR!

edit: actually it's staying in airplane mode until i finish watching the game... duh lol.

SnowblindNYR 05-09-2012 04:21 PM

I'm not sure Boston should be lumped as a purely offensive team. Vancouver to a smaller extent. There are very few pure offensive teams left.

eco's bones 05-09-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 49503821)
I'm not sure Boston should be lumped as a purely offensive team. Vancouver to a smaller extent. There are very few pure offensive teams left.

Let's just say teams that our considered to have better offenses than the Rangers. The most dangerous offenses are all gone.

Inferno 05-09-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones (Post 49505231)
Let's just say teams that our considered to have better offenses than the Rangers.

every team in the universe? including District 5?

Rangerfan4life90 05-09-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM PUNK (Post 49501487)
the key though is that no one wants to add offense at the expense of our defense and become a run and gun team...they want to improve the offense on top of continuing to be just as good defensively lol

Parise

MSGFaithful 05-09-2012 05:20 PM

Defense wins championships.

'Nuff said.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.