HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals | Part XXV (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1187283)

Neuron 05-09-2012 06:31 PM

Trade Rumors and Proposals | Part XXV

I've been thinking about this for awhile Spezza for Tavares trade makes a lot of sense to me. Upside for sens you get a player who will just keep getting better and will shoot the puck a lot more. Biggest thing is less turnovers that really hurt the sens this postseason the no look back passes spezza made or the passes to no one he was always doing. For NY Isles it makes sense because they get a player who currently puts up more points and will probably help them make the playoffs. Long term Tavares would be someone you can build a team around. What do you guys think?

Pilgore88 05-09-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neuron (Post 49508569)
I've been thinking about this for awhile Spezza for Tavares trade makes a lot of sense to me. Upside for sens you get a player who will just keep getting better and will shoot the puck a lot more. Biggest thing is less turnovers that really hurt the sens this postseason the no look back passes spezza made or the passes to no one he was always doing. For NY Isles it makes sense because they get a player who currently puts up more points and will probably help them make the playoffs. Long term Tavares would be someone you can build a team around. What do you guys think?

Easily.

WasTeD 05-09-2012 06:34 PM

Islanders wouldn't.

Qward 05-09-2012 06:41 PM

Taveras would fit in well with where the team is going. The Islanders would never do this. He is the future of their franchise. Wang has a hard wang for Taveras.

MainDotC 05-09-2012 06:46 PM

Islanders would be stupid enough to do this deal, but it would have to be sweetened a little. Difficult to find anyone on the current roster I'd like to see going the other way but Isles need a goalie for the oft-injured DiPietro. Assuming Sens can be satisfied with Andy / Bishop throw in Lehner and it's done.

WasTeD 05-09-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaindotC (Post 49509383)
Islanders would be stupid enough to do this deal, but it would have to be sweetened a little. Difficult to find anyone on the current roster I'd like to see going the other way but Isles need a goalie for the oft-injured DiPietro. Assuming Sens can be satisfied with Andy / Bishop throw in Lehner and it's done.

I honestly don't think Snow IS that stupid though. Tavares is the face of the franchise. They're building around him.

derriko 05-09-2012 06:49 PM

Yea they are not getting rid of JT. He fits in great with their core and he was drafted by them which makes him even more valuable to then

RedWhiteBlackGold 05-09-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil (Post 49509471)
I honestly don't think Snow IS that stupid though. Tavares is the face of the franchise. They're building around him.

Obviously we wait for Snow to go on vacation and Millbury to be the temp GM. ;)

Gil Gunderson 05-09-2012 06:52 PM

I don't even know how you could justify declining that trade if you're Bryan Murray.

TheOriginalSilf* 05-09-2012 07:07 PM

We should trade Michalek for Malkin, too.

Any sane Sens fan would do this deal, but the Islanders would laugh hysterically at the proposal before hanging up the phone on BMurr. Tavares is going to be THE franchise for the Islanders.

Spezza is not leaving Ottawa any time soon, and it's somewhat annoying that people are still hanging onto the fact that Spezza is sometimes over creative with the puck leading to turnovers as an excuse to move him off the team. He's going to be here for a long time, and I'm happy that he is.

Minister of Offence 05-09-2012 07:22 PM

Myes.

We're lucky this is the thread and not like many other teams who probably have threads like "We are doomed with no #1 center, how do we find one?"

Stylizer1 05-09-2012 07:22 PM

Spezza has never been selfish in his career. He makes the team better. If we had more players who could make thier own shots and score on their own spezza would have to do the same. Heatley needed Spezza and Alfredsson benefited more playing with him. Michalek needs to play with Spezza to get points. If Spezza didn't play in Alfredsson shadow for so long we might have seen a more offensive player in Spezza. Tavares had the luxury of growing into the top player on his team while Spezza was drafted by one of the best who had players way a head of him on the depth charts.

Benny FTW 05-09-2012 07:28 PM

I didn't know Mike Milbury got his job back

TrueGrit 05-09-2012 07:35 PM

In a heartbeat, Islanders wouldn't

Berserker* 05-09-2012 07:54 PM

We would probably have to add something as well, but I would definitely make that trade.

This 05-09-2012 08:15 PM

No thanks. No interest at all.

enviro61 05-09-2012 08:18 PM

Tavares AINEC and I like Spezza a lot.

Tundraman 05-09-2012 08:29 PM

A duplicate trade Spezza thread?

Rocket Richard 05-09-2012 08:48 PM

Spezza for Nash!

Sorta like how the SENS traded Hossa for Heatley! Heatly had to leave Atlanta, and Nash will have to leave Columbus.

Cowen Time 05-09-2012 08:51 PM

LOL. Maybe if Snow taps his inner Milbury.

starling 05-09-2012 09:00 PM

Spezza wouldn't.

OmniSens 05-09-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starling (Post 49518703)
Spezza wouldn't.

Came to post that

Romans12_12 05-09-2012 09:21 PM

In a heartbeat.

CanadianHockey 05-09-2012 09:59 PM

Well I was going to merge this into the old trade rumours/proposals thread but that'd go past 1000. So this is the new trade rumours/proposals thread.

Marvelous Manked 05-09-2012 10:24 PM

I'd love to bring in Visnovsky for cheap if Kuba isn't going to come back.

He's got one year left on his deal and had an off year last year, but he was almost a Norris candidate the year before. Depending on Schultz and other scenario's in Anaheim, I could see him getting moved.

We need someone like him. I'm not sure how many Anaheim games you guys are able to watch, but I'm in love with his breakout passes, which is so crucial for our team to make when Karlsson isn't on the ice.

Cap wise, it's fine. Gonchar and Visnovsky would clear up $10 000 000 + next year just in time to sign some of our young guys. We can still fit under the cap comfortably, and even be able to sign a UFA.