HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1187401)

Bob Richards 05-09-2012 09:11 PM

Rangers @ Capitals

No one said it'd be easy.

messier19 05-09-2012 09:12 PM

Clearly just didnt show up. We better win game 7

BBKers 05-09-2012 09:12 PM

At least we outworked them & outcoached them
Holtbys Mom = his cousin & sister all in one, nice family reunion

we want cup 05-09-2012 09:13 PM

This is one where you just throw the tape out. Just move on.

Mats Zuccarelli 05-09-2012 09:13 PM

I miss Zuccarello . At least he knew how to set up a play and contribute on the PP. Get well soon, Zuccs! And get Rupp OUT!

And can Torts please move Kreider up with Stepan and move Prust down to the 4th line!!! PLEASE!

Megustaelhockey 05-09-2012 09:13 PM

8 gates for Dolan in the first two rounds. I think that pisses me off most of all.

MorrisWanchuk 05-09-2012 09:13 PM

Good strategy to delay the start of round 3. Gives us more time to get Zucc and Dubi back.

Machinehead 05-09-2012 09:13 PM

We broke ass all season for game 7 at home, we got it, and we will win it.

Chimp 05-09-2012 09:13 PM

We played like **** last game and we played like **** this game. All I hope for is we don't play like **** in game 7 as well.

Even if we lose this series, I can't be upset at all. We haven't played like we deserve it.

White Plains Batman 05-09-2012 09:14 PM

Awful coaching job by Torts. Yuo have a player like Stepan playing with guys who can't score, playing Boyle, Prust, and Mitchell every other shift, Girardi on the PP? C'mon......Krieder was good in his two shifts tonight.

IBleedNYRBlue 05-09-2012 09:14 PM

****ing pathetic effort all around.

From the players to coaching. Torts with his atrocious line combos all game. He had John ****ing Mitchell on the ice with 4 mins left. I just don't understand.

I highly doubt they flop like this in Game 7. We got this.

NYRangers1388 05-09-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBKers (Post 49520007)
At least we outworked them & outcoached them

Did you watch the same game I did? Because that is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I saw.

At end of day, let's face it:

We've been outperforming our skill level all year. It's bound to fall back to earth. Season got hyped too much due to regular season record. Reality is that this is still a rebuild year and we will be better next year and the year after that.

We could win game 7, but if you had to make me bet, I'd pick caps. They are just playing as a team with solid lines and solid system. We are running around like chickens with our heads cut off.

If not for some heroics last game and the post in OT in game 3, we would have only won 1 game this series. Pathetic.

jeff spicoli 05-09-2012 09:14 PM

This team has no killer instinct. Zero.

Two Tone Malone 05-09-2012 09:14 PM

I just want this series done with so I don't have to hear the circle jerk over an average goalie who is not challenged and has 3 players stacked in front of him blocking shots.

Torts has been exposed as a coach too. I never liked the guy and still don't, his system and line combos are SO flawed.

GregSirico 05-09-2012 09:15 PM

Nobody showed up tonight.

Stugots 05-09-2012 09:15 PM

Boyle-Arty-Cally
Feds-Prust-Stepan
Rupp-Mitchell-Kreider

That is why the only goal we scored was a bank shot off of Carlson's ass with 50 seconds left. Nice, Torts.

Whoot Whoot 05-09-2012 09:15 PM

It felt like we mentally lost that one.

BBKers 05-09-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers1388 (Post 49520135)
Did you watch the same game I did? Because that is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I saw.

At end of day, let's face it:

We've been outperforming our skill level all year. It's bound to fall back to earth. Season got hyped too much due to regular season record. Reality is that this is still a rebuild year and we will be better next year and the year after that.

We could win game 7, but if you had to make me bet, I'd pick caps. They are just playing as a team with solid lines and solid system. We are running around like chickens with our heads cut off.

If not for some heroics last game and the post in OT in game 3, we would have only won 1 game this series. Pathetic.

Forgot the :sarcasm: evidently...

Two Tone Malone 05-09-2012 09:15 PM

Oh and Boyle on the second line? Prust on the third line? Kreider on the fourth line? Great job Torts, playing right into Hunter's hands.

Tony D63 05-09-2012 09:16 PM

I absolutely hate the way this team plays, even when we win its alway a close game or winning because of Lunqvist, I hate it. There is never a guy in front of the net, they make horrible passes, miss the net 95% of the time and the other 5% is a shot to the chest.

I want a offensive minded coach, we already have great defensive players and the best ****ing goalie, we don't need a coach for that we need offense, fire Sullivan and Torts.

But why can't we close teams out early, whyyyyyyy?!!!!

**** you torts, i hate you because of tonight!

theJUMPER 05-09-2012 09:16 PM

I like Kreider on the 4th line.

Rupp and Boyle's jam goes great with a speedy winger.

:sarcasm:

White Plains Batman 05-09-2012 09:16 PM

It really seems like they purposely tanked this game. No one in front of the net, no hustle, no effort, no changing line combos.

How hard is it to crash the net? I've seen beer leaguers do it more than the Rangers did tonight.

Edit: I did it more when I was at my heaviest in college floor hockey than the Rangers did tonight.

Megustaelhockey 05-09-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregSirico (Post 49520201)
Nobody showed up tonight.

I don't know. I think it would be unfair to level any heat at Henrik Lundqvist in this game. The Caps played a WHALE of an elimination game.

92hatchattack 05-09-2012 09:16 PM

I'm done guys. Ive watched 97% of the games since the lockout so dont give me any bandwagon ****. But im done. I cant watch game 7 I dont think.

Tonight was the night that the Rangers had a chance to prove they have matured as a team. But they came with nothing tonight. Same old Rangers. I really believed in them before the start of this game. TOmorrow I congradulate the Deviles fans at work and bow out gracefuly while I can do so with dignity...much unline the effort put out by the Rangers tonight...

Hey NYR....... tonight you let your fans down. They all should be ashamed of themselves.

robwrx04 05-09-2012 09:16 PM

Our PP looked terrible.