HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   QMJHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Top QMJHL Centers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1187467)

HF Article 05-09-2012 06:45 PM

Top QMJHL Centers

There are nine centers in the QMJHL who have their rights owned by NHL teams. The nine have their rights owned by seven different NHL teams.

More...

IHaveNoCreativity 05-10-2012 09:07 AM

Solid article... Andrews isn't that good..

CH4 05-10-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HF Article (Post 49523207)
There are nine centers in the QMJHL who have their rights owned by NHL teams. The nine have their rights owned by seven different NHL teams.

More...

You forgot Lukas Sedlak, who's rights are owned by Columbus.

He should be ranked above Culek.

and Pageau should be just below Danault IMO.

Taoiseach 05-10-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH4 (Post 49536077)
and Pageau should be just below Danault IMO.

Was Pageau ever fully healthy when he was in Chicoutimi?

Based on his overall career so far, I think his ranking is fair. Since he came back from his broken finger (and know with this ankle injury he apparently had), not quite so much.

CH4 05-10-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taoiseach (Post 49539841)
Was Pageau ever fully healthy when he was in Chicoutimi?

Based on his overall career so far, I think his ranking is fair. Since he came back from his broken finger (and know with this ankle injury he apparently had), not quite so much.

Pageau at 50% capacities was way superior to Bournival at 100% in the series we played against them.

Taoiseach 05-10-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH4 (Post 49541185)
Pageau at 50% capacities was way superior to Bournival at 100% in the series we played against them.

Yeah, nevermind, I read the article yesterday and thought (today) that you thought he should be lower down.

Pay no attention to the post above. :banghead: :dunce:

RJQuack 05-10-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 49534477)
Solid article... Andrews isn't that good..

Andrews > Hoefflin at what they're sent out to do...

You forgot MacKinnon at #1 ;) :sarcasm:

Kevin Forbes 05-10-2012 04:25 PM

Ahh merde, Sedlak

I'll update the article this evening.

Kevin Forbes 05-10-2012 10:19 PM

Sedlak added.

Now Pageau vs. Bournival.

To me, I'm not convinced at how successful Pageau will be at the pro level. I realise that some of you may not agree with me, but I'm still not convinced that a player of his size will be able to be a successful NHL player.

That comment will no doubt cue people mentioning Gerbe, Desharnais, St. Louis, Sullivan, and Gionta, maybe rightfully so, but for every guy who has made it, there's guys like Keith Aucoin, Brett Sterling, Ryan Shannon and Andrew Ebbett who haven't been able to stick.

For now, for me, if I was forced to choose who I think will be an NHL player, I would pick Bournival. I'll admit that Bournival's ceiling is probably lower, but I think his path is a little more guaranteed.

Taoiseach 05-10-2012 10:26 PM

Between Spezza, Turris, and Zibanejad, I don't see Pageau playing as a centre with the Sens.

I think he'll make it, but he'll be a winger. Pageau played quite a bit of RW in Hull, and I think that his size will be less of a hindrance on the wing.

One thing I know, is that he had better make it... I got my Sens heritage jersey blank, just so that I can have it made into a Pageau jersey.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-11-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HF Article (Post 49523207)

More...

Thanks for the articles , I really enjoy reading them!