HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The worst thing about it is... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1187943)

JXC 05-10-2012 03:56 PM

The worst thing about it is...

...no hockey tonight.

http://images.wikia.com/seinfeld/ima...enny_Bania.jpg

The absolute worst.

FlyersFanz 05-10-2012 04:02 PM

Now that the Flyers are out, hockey is over anyway.
My guess is the Coyotes are going to win the cup...sound familiar...Penguins won the cup when they were going under as well. Just speculation though...lol

JXC 05-10-2012 04:09 PM

Coyotes have to win it. LA would be just too painful, and NY NJ blecch.

I could actually root for Caps if it came to that I guess.

This time of year sux.

hckyplayer8 05-10-2012 04:11 PM

Go Richie, Carter, and Gagne!

856 05-10-2012 04:14 PM

Im on the Trolloffs bandwagon.

MsWoof 05-10-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 (Post 49550885)
Go Richie, Carter, and Gagne!

Agreed. What a shame that Gags is injured. But Williams is there and of course Hexy and Lombardi in the front office.

FlyerGuy18 05-10-2012 04:18 PM

I'm on the anybody but the Kings bandwagon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanz (Post 49550589)
Now that the Flyers are out, hockey is over anyway.
My guess is the Coyotes are going to win the cup...sound familiar...Penguins won the cup when they were going under as well. Just speculation though...lol

I don't think the Penguins were going under in 2009...

Beef Invictus 05-10-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoof (Post 49551125)
Agreed. What a shame that Gags is injured. But Williams is there and of course Hexy and Lombardi in the front office.

It's like the Flyers have entered two teams in this years' playoffs.

Amateur Hour 05-10-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JXC (Post 49550799)
Coyotes have to win it. LA would be just too painful, and NY NJ blecch.

I could actually root for Caps if it came to that I guess.

This time of year sux.

I would also hope that seeing the Coyotes win it all would motivate Bryz like nothing else this offseason -- not that he doesn't already have enough motivation with how this season went. But to see his old team -- one that he definitely felt he carried during his time in the desert, that didn't want to pay him what he felt he was worth (and justifiably so), and which still employs ex-teammates who summarily trashed him in October/November -- win the Stanley Cup the season after letting him go? And not just that, but win it in large part because of the guy they signed to replace him? Man, would anything sting more than that? Basically, the Coyotes -- who felt Bryz quit on them against Detroit last year in the playoffs -- told him he wasn't as good as he thought he was, then essentially proved it to him by getting Mike Smith (who should be right up there with Lundqvist and Quick for the Vezina), having the best season in franchise history, and advancing to the conference finals.

Talk about the giving someone the ultimate giant middle finger.

Suspended4Life 05-10-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amateur Hour (Post 49551999)
I would also hope that seeing the Coyotes win it all would motivate Bryz like nothing else this offseason -- not that he doesn't already have enough motivation with how this season went. But to see his old team -- one that he definitely felt he carried during his time in the desert, that didn't want to pay him what he felt he was worth (and justifiably so), and which still employs ex-teammates who summarily trashed him in October/November -- win the Stanley Cup the season after letting him go? And not just that, but win it in large part because of the guy they signed to replace him? Man, would anything sting more than that? Basically, the Coyotes -- who felt Bryz quit on them against Detroit last year in the playoffs -- told him he wasn't as good as he thought he was, then essentially proved it to him by getting Mike Smith (who should be right up there with Lundqvist and Quick for the Vezina), having the best season in franchise history, and advancing to the conference finals.

I hadn't thought of it from that angle, but now that you say that, it might be a great thing for Bryz to absorb and come back next season with a vengeance. :rant:

However in an interview today Bryz says this:

Question: Is it tough that your former club Phoenix could win the Stanley Cup?

Bryz: "God willing! I have a lot of good friends over there. Excellent coaches, general manager. Coyotes went through a lot of thorns. If they become champions, I am all for it. Now I am rooting for them."

So, maybe not?

Top Cheese Danish 05-10-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amateur Hour (Post 49551999)

Eh, I hope you're right, but I don't know how much it will "sting." He already has his name on a Cup.

(Let's go Caps!)

Amateur Hour 05-10-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SedinSandwich (Post 49556305)
Eh, I hope you're right, but I don't know how much it will "sting." He already has his name on a Cup.

(Let's go Caps!)

Yeah, but he didn't win that Cup as THE MAN between the pipes (he only played five games during those playoffs). That was Jiggy's team.

Amateur Hour 05-10-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suspended4Life (Post 49556073)
I hadn't thought of it from that angle, but now that you say that, it might be a great thing for Bryz to absorb and come back next season with a vengeance. :rant:

However in an interview today Bryz says this:

Question: Is it tough that your former club Phoenix could win the Stanley Cup?

Bryz: "God willing! I have a lot of good friends over there. Excellent coaches, general manager. Coyotes went through a lot of thorns. If they become champions, I am all for it. Now I am rooting for them."

So, maybe not?

Haha, he can say whatever he wants in public, but as a competitor (if he is a competitor), the Coyotes winning it all will HAVE to eat him up inside.

Totally Radivojevic 05-10-2012 10:03 PM

Phoenix

Washington

New York
New Jersey

LA

Flyersfan1493 05-10-2012 10:05 PM

LA
Phoenix

New Jersey
New York

Washington

JXC 05-10-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amateur Hour (Post 49559993)
Haha, he can say whatever he wants in public, but as a competitor (if he is a competitor), the Coyotes winning it all will HAVE to eat him up inside.

I'd tend to think that too, good points.

4thline4life 05-10-2012 10:11 PM

Phoenix

Washington

New York
New Jersey
LA

856 05-10-2012 10:19 PM

Phoenix
LA
Washington

NYR/NJD

YuioIklo 05-10-2012 10:47 PM

Rooting for LA. Still like our old guys, and wish them a cup. Yes, I would've loved to see them win it here, but hey, I still wish them to grab it. Especially Gagne. Could he come back for the finals?

FlyersFan61290 05-10-2012 11:02 PM

Rooting for LA too. I know gags is out so it doesn't mean as much but I would love to see Richie raise the cup

GoneFullHextall 05-11-2012 12:05 AM

I would more happy for the kids I have seen come thru Manchester if LA did win the cup then former Flyers. kids like Jonathan Quick, Alec Martinez, Jordan Nolan, Dwight King and so on.
Screw whos ever left in the East.
the Yotes, meh whatever. If they won good for them.

35NW8ING 05-11-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerGuy18 (Post 49551143)
I don't think the Penguins were going under in 2009...

Agreed. The Pens were as close to going under as the Flyers were before the Comcast bailout.

StandingCow 05-11-2012 12:22 AM

Just a taste of the offseason.. :(

No hockey makes me a sad panda.