HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is there a spot for Patrick Sharp on this team? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=118844)

GKJ 12-15-2004 06:39 PM

Is there a spot for Patrick Sharp on this team?

I know Sharp has been having a great season with the Phantoms and has been relatively successful with the Flyers, but as a center, and Carter, Richards, Umberger and various other players along with other current players and guys he could be drafting whenever there is a draft, will Patrick Sharp have a spot on the Flyers?

Winston Wolf 12-15-2004 06:46 PM

Yeah, but as a right wing.

Winston Wolf 12-15-2004 06:47 PM

OT: Anyone know what's up with Niittymaki?

Toonces 12-15-2004 06:48 PM

I suspect that he'll play out his career on the wing.

He's got all the tools to have a good career on most any checking line in the NHL. I really like Sharpie's game so I hope he gets his shot with the Flyers.

Roger's Pancreas* 12-15-2004 06:52 PM

Sharp definately has a spot in the right wing opening up for him. I don't have a doubt in my mind that Amonte's going to be leaving soon. Knuble might be traded later on seeing as how he's one of the few Flyer's that have trade value. Branko's here to stay for a bit, especially once you consider his age. I'd personally like to see him step on up.

Rex88 12-15-2004 06:52 PM

I think he will be a winger as others have said but after seeing quite a bit he could be a scoring guy - not huge but 15-20 possible given enough ice time.

Roger's Pancreas* 12-15-2004 07:27 PM

We get enough of those kind of guys, and the team will be great. We won't need an Iginla. How many of our propects/future players are capable of doing that?

easton122 12-15-2004 07:48 PM

Gagne-Roenick-Amonte
LeClair-Handzus-Radivojevic
Knuble-Primeau-Kapanen
Brashear-Sharp-Stevenson

ex: Somik and Fedoruk

Without Carter, Umberger, Richards he should be a center for us. If it is between Sharp and Umberger for the 4th line center spot it will go to Sharp IMO since he has a better defensive game and knows the system more. He'll be moved to wing eventually whenever Carter or Richards comes along.

GKJ 12-15-2004 07:57 PM

I'm not talking about next season, I'm talking about for the future. Is Patrick Sharp going to be apart of the future of this team.

MojoJojo 12-15-2004 08:37 PM

Unfortunately no. I think he is trade bait, a throw in player as part of a larger deal. The only way I can see the Flyers keeping him is if there is a harsh salary cap.

Rex88 12-16-2004 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easton122
Gagne-Roenick-Amonte
LeClair-Handzus-Radivojevic
Knuble-Primeau-Kapanen
Brashear-Sharp-Stevenson

ex: Somik and Fedoruk

Without Carter, Umberger, Richards he should be a center for us. If it is between Sharp and Umberger for the 4th line center spot it will go to Sharp IMO since he has a better defensive game and knows the system more. He'll be moved to wing eventually whenever Carter or Richards comes along.

Amonte, hopefully, will not be a part of this team again.
Lack of skillz at this point in his career.
Not to mention he recently criticized Hitch and his system - the quote is on the orange and black boards and I don't have time to go dig it up right now.

Jester 12-16-2004 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Unfortunately no. I think he is trade bait, a throw in player as part of a larger deal. The only way I can see the Flyers keeping him is if there is a harsh salary cap.

there will be some sort of harsh financial clamp...

he has HUGE value under Hitch. maybe a fourth line center -- not bad ice time under Hitch for the fourth line -- or a third line winger type. speed, some scoring, and they are turning him into a decent defensive player. good utility guy.

i won't be shocked to see two of Umberger/Carter/Richards/Sharp end up on the wing... though Richards may end up in Primeau's role down the road, which would allow Umberger and Carter to be 1-2 centers respectively.