HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect Info: OHL Final GM #5 - Niagara IceDogs @ London Knights (Tinordi) 7 PM ET, Sportsnet (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1188549)

habsprospects 05-11-2012 04:00 PM

OHL Final GM #5 - Niagara IceDogs @ London Knights (Tinordi) 7 PM ET, Sportsnet

Knights are up 3-1 in the series.

Jarred Tinordi is #24

London Knights

Niagara IceDogs

Bullsmith 05-11-2012 04:03 PM

Go Knights! Looking forward to the Mem cup this year. 3 pretty exciting prospects already going. Hoping for 4.

overlords 05-11-2012 04:04 PM

Go knights!

Clipitar 05-11-2012 04:27 PM

If anyone finds a stream, please post the link!

Natedawg 05-11-2012 06:20 PM

Interesting start as Tinordi scores from center ice but the play was just offside.

Protest the Hero 05-11-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedawg (Post 49591839)
Interesting start as Tinordi scores from center ice but the play was just offside.

That was crazy. I wonder if our friend kendryden was at the game and cursing to himself as Tinordi shot that puck in, he must feel a little better knowing it doesn't count though.

SeriousHabs 05-11-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedawg (Post 49591839)

Scores from centre? This guy is our next offensive D. Trade Beaulieu!

Stream?

Protest the Hero 05-11-2012 06:35 PM

What's this, do my eyes deceive me? Tinordi on the first penalty kill unit, no it couldn't be.

le_sean 05-11-2012 06:38 PM

I'm excited to see this beast in the NHL. Once he gets more experience, players are going to dread having to be matched up against him in a 7 game series.

68 05-11-2012 06:44 PM

Terrible pass.

Watsatheo 05-11-2012 07:30 PM

Tinordi has been pretty bad this game IMO.

overlords 05-11-2012 07:32 PM

Knights up 1-0! Austin Watson!

googlymoogly 05-11-2012 07:49 PM

We need Robinson badly. He is the perfect mentor and teacher for Tinordi. I remember how much Robinson helped improve Blake in LA when the Habs won that 93 cup against them Blake was solid on D.

NewHabsEra* 05-11-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 49593397)
Tinordi has been pretty bad this game IMO.

Indeed, Im starting to understand Dryden's point of view.. Tinordi has been caught out of position quite a few times in this game, one almost cost a goal in the first in what was IceDogs' best scoring chance of the period, clearly didnt read well what was going on behind of the net.. His high stick penality was directed faulted on bad positionning in front of the net.. At one time Harrington was in trouble checked hard by an opponent deep in the def zone and Tinordi picked the wrong side.. Surely not his best game out there, was much more solid in his last game on Sportsnet..

Gabe84 05-11-2012 08:13 PM

The guy is still young. A good coach will fix his flaws. He has the physical tool to be dominant. He just needs to read the game better. I'm not worried.

danyhabsfan 05-11-2012 08:17 PM

nice helper by tinordi...

Whitesnake 05-11-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 49594015)
Indeed, Im starting to understand Dryden's point of view.. Tinordi has been caught out of position quite a few times in this game, one almost cost a goal in the first in what was IceDogs' best scoring chance of the period, clearly didnt read well what was going on behind of the net.. His high stick penality was directed faulted on bad positionning in front of the net.. At one time Harrington was in trouble checked hard by an opponent deep in the def zone and Tinordi picked the wrong side.. Surely not his best game out there, was much more solid in his last game on Sportsnet..

Well, I also do keep mention that with the number of games I saw, he never blow me away. Nor is he the type of d-man that will do it anyway, but I saw him multiple times being out of position, not using his stick the right way, not cutting the passing lanes enough, not being physical enough and a whole lot of not enough....yet the upside is still there. You have to see it, it is pretty clear. Whether he achieve it, that's another thing. But what I don't like about posters bashing him is that they are doing it with the idea that he'll never develop and that's the end for him. It cleary isn't. But Timmins biggest weaknesses are his agility and his decision making timing.

My point at the time of the pick was that I was questioning the upside of the pick and the necessity to move and give a 2nd rounder on top of it. Now, I do see the upside....but he's never going to put up points on the board. But he might very well be the type of shutodwn d-man we keep waiting to have around here.

But it should take 1 full AHL year and maybe half of the other one....at best. So, not only you need a Robinson in the NHL....but how come are forgetting the coaches in the AHL? This is their first glance at the pros....you need some great teaching over there as well.

Yet, Timmins 1st rounders will always be questioned.

Monctonscout 05-11-2012 08:35 PM

Tinordi's played half the game so far. Out there every two shifts.

Habs 4 Life 05-11-2012 08:39 PM

He hasn't looked bad but he doesn't look anything close to the NHL. He will most probably need at least 2 good years in the AHL with a good coach who will help him

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 05-11-2012 08:40 PM

He wasn't good on the Niagara goal but he's been blocking shots left and right.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 05-11-2012 08:42 PM

Champions, baby!

Habs 4 Life 05-11-2012 08:43 PM

Great shift to end the game by Tinordi

Congrats and good luck in the Memorial Cup Jarred:handclap:

Whitesnake 05-11-2012 08:44 PM

I did draft Michael Houser 2 years ago in our mock draft....maybe the kid will get some freakin recognition one day.

Habs 4 Life 05-11-2012 08:44 PM

I'd really love to see us draft Domi next year

Protest the Hero 05-11-2012 08:45 PM

The people shouldn't have been calling for Tinordi to make the jump to the NHL right away anyways. Surely there's some middle point between Chara comparisons, and terrible, "never make the NHL" comparisons.