HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   David Beckham trolls Montreal media (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1188679)

Richie10 05-11-2012 08:20 PM

David Beckham trolls Montreal media
 
Quote:

Beckham, always a media magnet, was asked by a Montreal media member how it felt to come to a hockey town and try to convert fans to soccer. Beckham answered, “I think we’re the hockey town at the moment.”

Ouch.

After some laughter, from Beckham and the media, here’s what Beckham followed with: “Sorry, I don’t want to offend anyone, but… Yeah, it’s great. It’s exciting in L.A. at the moment, with the Kings. They’re playing so well and doing so well, and it’s exciting. Obviously, I know Montreal is a big hockey town as well. I don’t want to say too much more. But it’s exciting to come here as a soccer player.”
Pretty cool to see such a big name in sports go out of his way to give kudos to the Kings.

For those unaware, Beckham signed a monstrous contract with the LA Galaxy (owned by AEG, who also own the Kings) a few years ago. He has lived in Los Angeles for a few years now.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/05/11...-of-the-day-3/

Lshap 05-11-2012 08:29 PM

Nothing wrong with what he said. LA's success isn't coming at the expense of Montreal. Good for the Kings.

beauchamp 05-11-2012 08:36 PM

Very strange use of the word 'troll".

Good for LA.

SoupNazi 05-11-2012 08:37 PM

And the use of the word "troll" applies how here?

I don't see it.

IU Hawks fan 05-11-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 49594923)
And the use of the word "troll" applies how here?

I don't see it.

Cuz LA is in the playoffs and Montreal is not, thus LA is a better hockey town than Montreal...

VL55 05-11-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 49594979)
Cuz LA is in the playoffs and Montreal is not, thus LA is a better hockey town than Montreal...

No, it just means LA has a better hockey team than Montreal.

Vancouver Blazers 05-11-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 49594923)
And the use of the word "troll" applies how here?

I don't see it.

"Troll" is one of those words that means whatever you want it to mean. A crazy eight. Just like "literally" and "socialist".

sonny side up 05-11-2012 09:33 PM

ahh "troll" is becoming so over used it's not even funny..

troll, epic, fail, win, class(y/less).. what other ones did I miss?

PierreMcGuire* 05-11-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonny side up (Post 49596467)
ahh "troll" is becoming so over used it's not even funny..

troll, epic, fail, win, class(y/less).. what other ones did I miss?

Subban

Richie10 05-11-2012 10:35 PM

Oh, good lord, maybe I should have used "lightly teased." "Trolls" was short and easy. GOSH.

sonny side up 05-11-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie10 (Post 49597909)
Oh, good lord, maybe I should have used "lightly teased." "Trolls" was short and easy. GOSH.

yes, shame on you, back to you room :sarcasm::sarcasm::)

Timbo Slice 05-11-2012 11:00 PM

He was at one of the Kings playoffs games recently, as well.

Habsterix* 05-11-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lshap (Post 49594769)
Nothing wrong with what he said. LA's success isn't coming at the expense of Montreal. Good for the Kings.

Agreed.

RogerRoeper* 05-11-2012 11:13 PM

Is that comment really a big deal? He's pimping L.A.

Team_Spirit 05-11-2012 11:20 PM

seems like a nice guy, too bad im not into soccer, or football as they say in europe.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* 05-11-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VL55 (Post 49595355)
No, it just means LA has a better hockey team than Montreal.

Doesn't your team have to be playing hockey to be considered a "hockey town" :sarcasm:

Granlund2Pulkkinen* 05-11-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 49598961)
seems like a nice guy, too bad im not into soccer, or football as they say in europe.

You can enjoy the eye candy regardless.

Cruel11 05-11-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo Slice (Post 49598453)
He was at one of the Kings playoffs games recently, as well.

He goes to a lot of Kings games with his sons.

tntkid 05-11-2012 11:33 PM

Too many balls to the head for Beckham.

kingsboy11 05-12-2012 12:04 AM

I love becks. Big galaxy fan.

SauceHockey 05-12-2012 12:12 AM

0.5 classless Subbans :sarcasm:

Shepard 05-12-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsboy11 (Post 49599865)
I love becks. Big galaxy fan.

You and Bryzgalov both.

Rob Brown 05-12-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 49594979)
Cuz LA is in the playoffs and Montreal is not, thus LA is a better hockey town than Montreal...

Better hockey team, not town.

Dirty Dan 05-12-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg (Post 49595463)
"Troll" is one of those words that means whatever you want it to mean. A crazy eight. Just like "literally" and "socialist".

It wasn't a troll, it would be a troll if after the laugther, david beckham said that the habs suck and leafs rule, then took off his shirt and walked out of the room while looking back with his tounge sticking out.

But that didn't happen

Dirty Dan 05-12-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepard (Post 49600583)
You and Bryzgalov both.

Bryz is not much of a galaxy fan

However he is a humangous big fan of the universe


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.