HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Brashear kicked out of the league... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=119003)

Laurentides 12-16-2004 02:09 PM

Brashear kicked out of the league...
 
Donald Brashear who played for Radio X de Québec has been suspended for the remaining of the season. In was playing in the ultra-goon ligue the LHNA where also Link Gaetz, Pat Coté, Jo-Hell Thériault, Frank Bialowas, Mathieu Raby, the Roberge brothers, and many many more goon it up...

I have not seen what he did but it was reported that during a brawl, he continued to hit ( like 10 punches ) on his opponent even if he was motionless on the ice...
Chad Richards was also suspended for the rest of the season and Sylvain Blouin was suspended 12 games.

Brashear stats were 25 games , 9 g. , 20 a. , 29 pts and 154 pims

(source rds.ca if you can understand french)

RJ8812 12-16-2004 02:58 PM

ic


well i have nothing against breashear, i just hope he gets traded, he's too expensive for a 4th liner, time to bring in fedoruk

Toonces 12-16-2004 03:25 PM

I heard about this, and I'm very dissapointed in him.

There is no justification for what he did.

While I would also like to see a video of exactly what happened, I'm fairly sure it'll just sicken me even further. I've always admired Brashear, even before he was on this team because he had a really rough life and still made it to the NHL. Enforcers do what other guys won't or can't do, but there is a limit, and it appears that he crossed that line bigtime.

Teezax 12-16-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Flyers_
ic


well i have nothing against breashear, i just hope he gets traded, he's too expensive for a 4th liner, time to bring in fedoruk

personally id keep Brash over Fridge, at least Brash creates space, All Fridge does is dump the puck.

Mathletic 12-16-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces
I heard about this, and I'm very dissapointed in him.

There is no justification for what he did.

While I would also like to see a video of exactly what happened, I'm fairly sure it'll just sicken me even further. I've always admired Brashear, even before he was on this team because he had a really rough life and still made it to the NHL. Enforcers do what other guys won't or can't do, but there is a limit, and it appears that he crossed that line bigtime.

you have never seen one game of that league. The guy was still trying to fight and he just destroyed him. Brash is tired of having guys punching him the whole game and at the end no one wants to fight

Roger's Pancreas* 12-16-2004 05:56 PM

Does anyone else find the 9 goals in 25 games odd? To say that Brash doesn't have a scoring touch is an under statement. But for $2.2 mill I say it's about time to let Brash go, he's been involved in too many incidents.

Rex88 12-16-2004 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Does anyone else find the 9 goals in 25 games odd? To say that Brash doesn't have a scoring touch is an under statement. But for $2.2 mill I say it's about time to let Brash go, he's been involved in too many incidents.

You are just seeing this? He was involved in alot prior to being a Flyer and actually was pretty low key last year outside of a DUI.
I will not pass judgement until I see video - lots of rumours including racial/personal attacks but still this whole thing stinks.
You would now have to buy out his contract and that list has others in front of Brash for sure (Leclair/Amonte).

Toonces 12-16-2004 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
you have never seen one game of that league. The guy was still trying to fight and he just destroyed him. Brash is tired of having guys punching him the whole game and at the end no one wants to fight

Nope, I haven't.

I'm not going to pass final judgement until I find out exactly what happened. I'm going on what I've read around here mostly. I'd like to find out what really happened, but since I cannot read french I'm kinda out of luck when it comes to actual news reports.

Roger's Pancreas* 12-16-2004 09:56 PM

If we're lucky, the new CBA could allow us to drop "dead weight" when it seems fit. Right now seems pretty good to me

Mathletic 12-16-2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces
Nope, I haven't.

I'm not going to pass final judgement until I find out exactly what happened. I'm going on what I've read around here mostly. I'd like to find out what really happened, but since I cannot read french I'm kinda out of luck when it comes to actual news reports.

in this league all the goons are ticking him, and Brash doesn't fight during the game. Only at the end of games, however, no one wants to fight him anymore. So during the game they put 2 or 3 players on him, elbowing, hooking and a lot more. So Brash is tired of that. During that game the guy went after him the whole night, and during the fight Brash knocked him out, but the guy went back on his feet and Brash finished him, no one stoped the fight.

The guy who suspended him lives in Thetford Mine, knows the owners. Thetford is the prime rival to Brash's team.

I've seen things a lot lot lot worse than what happened and most of the time guys get out without even a penalty

Roger's Pancreas* 12-17-2004 12:20 AM

Thanks for the commentary. It sounds like you're the one person who may have actually seen it happen, but is there a video link to see it anywhere?

swflyers8* 12-17-2004 08:15 AM

Quote:

There are many rumors circulating about this incident, but it appears that the clown Brashear almost killed used numerous racial slurs throughout the game toward Brashear.

Brashear declined to fight the guy throughout the game, until the guy called Brashear a "monkey," which led to the severe beating.
To me, sounds like the idiot deserved it. Brash may have snapped with all the comments the idiot made.

RJ8812 12-17-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
personally id keep Brash over Fridge, at least Brash creates space, All Fridge does is dump the puck.

yes, i know what your saying, but we get a 4th liner for alot less then $2.2 mil/yr to do what he does, plus he doesnt fight as much as he used to, get rid of him clarkie

Jester 12-17-2004 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
personally id keep Brash over Fridge, at least Brash creates space, All Fridge does is dump the puck.

Brash cancels out some of the good things he does with absolutely BONEHEAD passes and plays. I give him props for his hustle and general effort. I also have respect for the fact that I rarely see him dish out a check I think is dirty -- as opposed to Handzus, the master of the check from behind. If Brash was only on the 4th line he would be excellent, but they keep moving him up and it just becomes dangerous with his decision making.

Fridge plays within himself, and he's pretty good along the corners. My other problem with Brash is that for some reason he has HORRIBLE balance in the corners. He gets in there and just falls over about 75% of the time. It's amazing. Fridge controls the puck in the corner and given more ice time it would probably lead to a few more goals. The other thing that is good about Fridge is that he appears to be well-liked on the team, not that Brash isn't, but I remember Fridge getting a goal up in Toronto and the entire bench was excited for him. Considering the price of Brash, I think we would be better off bringing Fridge in on the 4th line.

Blindside9711 12-17-2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Brash cancels out some of the good things he does with absolutely BONEHEAD passes and plays. I give him props for his hustle and general effort. I also have respect for the fact that I rarely see him dish out a check I think is dirty -- as opposed to Handzus, the master of the check from behind. If Brash was only on the 4th line he would be excellent, but they keep moving him up and it just becomes dangerous with his decision making.

Fridge plays within himself, and he's pretty good along the corners. My other problem with Brash is that for some reason he has HORRIBLE balance in the corners. He gets in there and just falls over about 75% of the time. It's amazing. Fridge controls the puck in the corner and given more ice time it would probably lead to a few more goals. The other thing that is good about Fridge is that he appears to be well-liked on the team, not that Brash isn't, but I remember Fridge getting a goal up in Toronto and the entire bench was excited for him. Considering the price of Brash, I think we would be better off bringing Fridge in on the 4th line.

Wow, it's like you read my mind... I agree wholeheartedly. Fridge is also an exceptional athlete in general, which can bring success all in itself.

Beatnik 12-17-2004 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Thanks for the commentary. It sounds like you're the one person who may have actually seen it happen, but is there a video link to see it anywhere?

No the tapes are secrets.. we must not see what happens in this league. Put Brash in another team he'd not have got more than 2-3 game. Québec are the yankees of this league.

IMO Brash showed a lot of class and control in this STUPID league. no one would tolerate as much racist and provocation (even from home fan) for so long. M-A Bergeron have left the league because of the total lack of control in this league.

Recently K.Kudroc got attacked by a goon who punch him repetitively in the face and who injuried him to the face. And the guys does'nt got any punition because according to the league, Kudroc is big enough to defend himself.

Banger 12-17-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Brash cancels out some of the good things he does with absolutely BONEHEAD passes and plays. I give him props for his hustle and general effort. I also have respect for the fact that I rarely see him dish out a check I think is dirty -- as opposed to Handzus, the master of the check from behind. If Brash was only on the 4th line he would be excellent, but they keep moving him up and it just becomes dangerous with his decision making.

Fridge plays within himself, and he's pretty good along the corners. My other problem with Brash is that for some reason he has HORRIBLE balance in the corners. He gets in there and just falls over about 75% of the time. It's amazing. Fridge controls the puck in the corner and given more ice time it would probably lead to a few more goals. The other thing that is good about Fridge is that he appears to be well-liked on the team, not that Brash isn't, but I remember Fridge getting a goal up in Toronto and the entire bench was excited for him. Considering the price of Brash, I think we would be better off bringing Fridge in on the 4th line.

I'll never understand the fascination with Fridge. The guy has two cinder blocks at the end of his arms, he's an average fighter at best, takes stupid penalties but besides that he's great. Ya, he hustles but he can't even do anything when he gets the puck. Brash has 10x the offensive skills that Fridge does and is one of the top fighters in the league. He costs a lot but who cares, you don't pay him...

Cropduster 12-17-2004 04:47 PM

pretty sure the guy who took the beating was this guy

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=76213

Jester 12-17-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banger
I'll never understand the fascination with Fridge. The guy has two cinder blocks at the end of his arms, he's an average fighter at best, takes stupid penalties but besides that he's great. Ya, he hustles but he can't even do anything when he gets the puck. Brash has 10x the offensive skills that Fridge does and is one of the top fighters in the league. He costs a lot but who cares, you don't pay him...

I like Fridge because he knows what he can do, and knows what he can't do. Brash doesn't get this at all. His idiot passing decisions led directly to half of the goals in the NJ series... at which point he played a bit less.

Brash doesn't have offensive "skills," he has a nice shot. Even at that, most of his points are more a product of the inexplainable minutes he recieves at times. Like the assist he had to Gagne that was clearly a shot missing the net by about 10 ft.

Also, may I introduce you to the salary cap/luxury tax in the near future. Do you really want Brash above the 4th line? If not, then you really don't want your team spending 2.2 million on a guy who isn't going to play above that spot... whereas you can get a guy like Fridge who can give you a high energy shift, plays within himself, good checker, and I think you are vastly underrating the Fridge's fighting ability, it is rare that he loses.

Preds 12-17-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cropduster
pretty sure the guy who took the beating was this guy

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=76213

Yes, it'S him

Lupul15 12-24-2004 01:00 PM

you can see the video here...


http://lhq.ca/metrogagnon/brash.wmv

edit : oups sorry i hadn't seen the other thread

FlyersGuy69 12-24-2004 04:39 PM

I knew that the entire thing was blown out of proportion...the guy deserved the beating for using racial slurs. :handclap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.