HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   News Article: The Best Shark's Hits from the 2011-12 Season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1190031)

Kegsey 05-14-2012 03:47 PM

The Best Shark's Hits from the 2011-12 Season
 
http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=631447

I would definitely pick the hit on Cole by Demers, but I definitely remember Vlasic nailing someone this year and it being a devastating hit but they never showed a replay.

Iron Chef 05-14-2012 04:00 PM

From a friend thats an STH:

"The one that SVSE put on my wallet with these price hikes"

Eighth Fret 05-14-2012 04:14 PM

I liked the three hits Demers, Pavs, and Marleau laid on TJ Oshie as he undressed them all and dished to a wide open Backes for a backbreaker of a goal.

Ugh.. all this stuff the Sharks are doing just feels like it's too soon. I don't give a crap about the best goal or best hit of the season when the season was such a ginormous disappointment.

Kegsey 05-14-2012 04:19 PM

I'm a fan all year so I actually appreciate when they make these, they could lose and then just stop trying until trade deadline or even until training camp.

Tkachuk4MVP 05-14-2012 04:22 PM

For my money, #1 was the hit to the nuts that all Sharks fans took when they went out in 5.

Phu 05-14-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eighth Fret (Post 49693613)
I liked the three hits Demers, Pavs, and Marleau laid on TJ Oshie as he undressed them all and dished to a wide open Backes for a backbreaker of a goal.

Ugh.. all this stuff the Sharks are doing just feels like it's too soon. I don't give a crap about the best goal or best hit of the season when the season was such a ginormous disappointment.

Eh, I don't see a better time to do it. After the Cup? Zzzz plus I bet the staff will be on vacation.

Eighth Fret 05-14-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juantimer (Post 49693967)
Eh, I don't see a better time to do it. After the Cup? Zzzz plus I bet the staff will be on vacation.

At least until mid June or July when there's enough other sports stuff (Olympics, European Soccer Championship) to take our minds off of hockey a little. Definitely not when the pain is still fresh and the damn Kings are looking like they'll win the Cup for the next 5 years.

Kegsey 05-14-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eighth Fret (Post 49694181)
At least until mid June or July when there's enough other sports stuff (Olympics, European Soccer Championship) to take our minds off of hockey a little. Definitely not when the pain is still fresh and the damn Kings are looking like they'll win the Cup for the next 5 years.

But St.Louis beat us and they got beat worse than us. We also won 4 of 6 against LA and the last two games of the season. To me, that's a lot better than St.Louis vs Phoenix right now.

Honestly, I made this thread hoping someone had a youtube clip of Vlasic's hit that I can't find.

Eighth Fret 05-14-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegsey (Post 49694681)
But St.Louis beat us and they got beat worse than us. We also won 4 of 6 against LA and the last two games of the season. To me, that's a lot better than St.Louis vs Phoenix right now.

Honestly, I made this thread hoping someone had a youtube clip of Vlasic's hit that I can't find.

Ehh, 4 of the games were when LA had no semblance of an offense. The last two I wouldn't even count, since game 81 ended in a shootout, and I really don't think the Kings cared about game 82. I'm just saying.. this is an especially brutal offseason for us since it's becoming very clear we're not even close to contenders anymore and will have to kick off a full-scale rebuild in two years, if not sooner.

PondShark 05-14-2012 06:19 PM

i dont care about the best hits of 2011-2012. lets start worrying about getting more hits in 2012-2013!

MarleauApologist 05-16-2012 09:40 PM

Our team doesn't even have good hits or hitters lol.

Clowe Me 05-16-2012 10:35 PM

What an underwhelming selection, and season/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.