HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Prospect Info: 2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1190065)

Bridges31 05-14-2012 05:03 PM

2012/2013 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 3)

Continue here.

Link to part 2: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1068817

bigbadbruins7 05-14-2012 07:19 PM

with douggie having such a good season and most likely making the bruins next year what does that mean for maxim chudinov? he also had a great year over in the KHL. does he come over for camp and try to fight for a spot? he is still young so he could stay over for a year and develop more.

Qubax 05-14-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 (Post 49700733)
with douggie having such a good season and most likely making the bruins next year what does that mean for maxim chudinov? he also had a great year over in the KHL. does he come over for camp and try to fight for a spot? he is still young so he could stay over for a year and develop more.

and Krug

bigbadbruins7 05-14-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qubax (Post 49703377)
and Krug

i think they will want to give krug a full year in providence but that is a good point. i have never seen chudinov play but from what ive read and heard he seems to play similarly to these guys offensively but with a little nastier edge than krug. with douggie and krug in the system any chance the B's would would chudinov?

Ratty 05-15-2012 09:14 AM

Nice gesture by the Red Sox to fete the Boston College National Champs at last night's game. Tommy Cross threw out the first ball.

GloryDaze4877 05-15-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratty (Post 49723303)
Nice gesture by the Red Sox to fete the Boston College National Champs at last night's game. Tommy Cross threw out the first ball.

I thought Cross looked better than Beckett. I heard the Sox might make him an offer :laugh:

Ratty 05-15-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 (Post 49723809)
I thought Cross looked better than Beckett. I heard the Sox might make him an offer :laugh:

Beckett better be better today, because I'm there.

DKH 05-15-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratty (Post 49723303)

needed to fill some seats; I'm sure they wish it was the football team

WreckItRask 05-15-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

He could be one of those guys that is actually legitimately given the option for next year, without pressure either way. Let him know that he's in the mix for a job with a handful of other young guys, and give him the option for next year to stay another year in Russia or make the leap overseas.

Personally, with all these young guys in the fold, I hope the Bruins don't bring in any depth plugs on the back end. Chara/Seidenberg/Ference/Boychuk/McQuaid/Hamilton is your likely top 6 entering the season. Let Chudinov, Cross, Krug, Warsofsky, etc. fill the 7th D role. If the Bruins need to add depth, then add it at the deadline.

Artemis 05-15-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Chudinov's contract has been transferred to Lokomotiv for their rebuild.

cat400 05-15-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 49740071)
Chudinov's contract has been transferred to Lokomotiv for their rebuild.

http://www.sports.ru/en/hockey/137169828.html

Last summer the Boston Bruins offered me a deal, with the condition that at first I would play for their affiliate, and then get lifted into the main team. But Bruins have a great defence at the moment, so it would be very difficult competing with other defensemen. So if I get the same sort of offer this time, I will stay in the KHL. If I get a proper deal, then I will go to America, he added.

Saxon Eric 05-15-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat400 (Post 49741163)

Last summer the Boston Bruins offered me a deal, with the condition that at first I would play for their affiliate, and then get lifted into the main team. But Bruins have a great defence at the moment, so it would be very difficult competing with other defensemen. So if I get the same sort of offer this time, I will stay in the KHL. If I get a proper deal, then I will go to America, he added.

See you next year

Alan Ryan 05-15-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

That is disappointing.

It certainly is OK for Chudinov, but points again to the uncertainty around drafting players who have the KHL option handy.

Shaun 05-15-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

hes going to be worth the wait.

Kirk- NEHJ 05-15-2012 06:48 PM

Choo-DEE-nov...

They'll get him over at some point, but may take another couple of years...just no room for the guy right now and the team can't afford to guarantee him a spot sight unseen after the ****show Yury Alexandrov was for them.

Actp 05-15-2012 06:52 PM

I agree with Alan, I respect Maxim's realistic appraisal of our defense and his chances, but I don't know if I want a player who feels entitled enough to be gauranteed a spot.

Sam the Lion 05-15-2012 07:30 PM

How is his english? . . . that's a huge factor.

Kirk- NEHJ 05-15-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delbert Grady (Post 49745727)
How is his english? . . . that's a huge factor.

About what Khokhlachev's was when he first got to the OHL...meaning- he doesn't speak any.

Sam the Lion 05-15-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ (Post 49745819)
About what Khokhlachev's was when he first got to the OHL...meaning- he doesn't speak any.

Really? . .. Khokhlachev had no prior english?

OK I am impressed. He sounds great now.

Kirk- NEHJ 05-15-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delbert Grady (Post 49746317)

That is correct. Even at the 2011 draft, he was passable, but only had a few go-to phrases that he used frequently.

He has come a long way.

Artemis 05-15-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delbert Grady (Post 49746317)

The younger you are, the easier it is. And total immersion helps.

WBC8 05-16-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ (Post 49745819)

:laugh::laugh: I laughed out loud....

Koko sounds like he has been speaking for years...Bright kid it would seem..

WBC8 05-16-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ (Post 49746675)
That is correct. Even at the 2011 draft, he was passable, but only had a few go-to phrases that he used frequently.

He has come a long way.

Kirk---Koko project as an NHL wing only, or can he play center?

Shaun 05-16-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 49765079)
Kirk---Koko project as an NHL wing only, or can he play center?

We'll be lucky to see him in the NHL if he keeps making these Oscar worthy commercials. Hollywood will be calling

rocketdan9 05-16-2012 12:06 PM

Kirk - Can you comment further about Kevan Miller?

I did watch a handful of prov games this year, but didn't really notice him on the ice. One good thing though is that, i don't think i ever saw him on the ice when a goal was scored on.

Plus 20 on a pretty bad providence team is quite impressive to see. I read your mini scouting about his Character and physicality. What else can you add relating to : Skating , offensive game, and comparison to? another Boychuk or Staurt?