HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: Broomball in Philadelphia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1190561)

BillyShoe1721 05-15-2012 02:34 PM

Broomball in Philadelphia

As far as I know, there are no broomball leagues around the Philadelphia area. Most non-Canadians probably don't know much about the sport, if anything at all. Here's a highlight package of some advanced broomball players:

I post this because I'm in the process of possibly starting a league at Iceworks in Aston, PA. So, if such a league would be offered in the Philadelphia area, would you be interested in forming a team?

Xegiie 05-15-2012 02:49 PM

wow those guys trying to run.. or what ever look silly, and those goalies look even more silly :laugh:

usahockey22flyers 05-15-2012 03:26 PM

That looks awesome!

Superman33 05-15-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 (Post 49735399)
As far as I know, there are no broomball leagues around the Philadelphia area. Most non-Canadians probably don't know much about the sport, if anything at all. Here's a highlight package of some advanced broomball players:

I post this because I'm in the process of possibly starting a league at Iceworks in Aston, PA. So, if such a league would be offered in the Philadelphia area, would you be interested in forming a team?

My cousin's boyfriend starting playing this, and now he has my brother-in-law hooked. They play somewhere in Roxborough on the weekends, so you might be able to play there. Apparently they provide all of the equipment, the first time you go it is free and then it is ten dollars every time after that...aka the drug dealer approach.

I am an ice hockey snob though, and most likely will never play. I live in the burbs, so Roxborough is a hike for me, and since I am a goalie I can play for free public hockey at my local rink 15 minutes from my house.

Also, I equated floor ball to Ultimate Frisbee. Ultimate Frisbee is to Football what Floor Ball is to Hockey. Although, I do love me some Ultimate. I just feel like if I can still play hockey, why play hockey lite?

4thline4life 05-15-2012 05:28 PM

I used to work at grundy and we used to have broomball league over the summer to fill ice slots.. haven't been there in a few years though so not sure if they still do it but its a ton of fun, I can vouch for that.

Flyotes 05-15-2012 07:02 PM

I'd play. Looks fun.

Superman33 05-15-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman33 (Post 49741943)
My cousin's boyfriend starting playing this, and now he has my brother-in-law hooked. They play somewhere in Roxborough on the weekends, so you might be able to play there. Apparently they provide all of the equipment, the first time you go it is free and then it is ten dollars every time after that...aka the drug dealer approach.

I am an ice hockey snob though, and most likely will never play. I live in the burbs, so Roxborough is a hike for me, and since I am a goalie I can play for free public hockey at my local rink 15 minutes from my house.

Also, I equated floor ball to Ultimate Frisbee. Ultimate Frisbee is to Football what Floor Ball is to Hockey. Although, I do love me some Ultimate. I just feel like if I can still play hockey, why play hockey lite?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIceman26 (Post 49742043)
I used to work at grundy and we used to have broomball league over the summer to fill ice slots.. haven't been there in a few years though so not sure if they still do it but its a ton of fun, I can vouch for that.

My reading comprehension skills are garbage, that and I didn't even bother to watch the video clip. Your comment about Grundy made me realize I was talking about something completely different in my post. Broom Ball (on Ice) is one of the hardest things I have ever done, and I didn't find it to be that much fun. Floor Ball (on regular floor) is something completely different and looks ten times more fun than Broom Ball. At least with Floor Ball the game is playable, Broom Ball is pretty much impossible to accomplish anything. Shoes on ice is bad news.