HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Proposal: Voracek for Chris Stewart (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1191211)

Psuhockey 05-16-2012 02:47 PM

Voracek for Chris Stewart

Holmgren sounded less than enthusiastic about Voracek in his after season address. Bill Meltzer also Has intimated that he could be a tough resigning. Would you trade him for Chris Stewart? I know Stewart had an off year but he is a two-time 28 goal scorer. I think he would be very successful, like 40 goal scorer successful, next to Giroux.

CharlieGirl 05-16-2012 02:59 PM

**** no. Not ever. No thanks.

You want to see a lazy player who gives it about 50% of the time and coasts the rest of the way, then Stewart is your guy.

Jack de la Hoya 05-16-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psuhockey (Post 49779371)
Holmgren sounded less than enthusiastic about Voracek in his after season address. Bill Meltzer also Has intimated that he could be a tough resigning. Would you trade him for Chris Stewart? I know Stewart had an off year but he is a two-time 28 goal scorer. I think he would be very successful, like 40 goal scorer successful, next to Giroux.

Voracek is both more (naturally) talented than Stewart and has a better work ethnic. Wouldn't touch this deal.

flyershockey 05-16-2012 03:04 PM

I don't think I would be interested in something like that, but I'm also a huge Voracek fan. Wasn't Stewart relegated to the fourth line through much of the playoffs? Seems to me like he has motivational issues, because he certainly has more talent than that.

SolidSnakeUS 05-16-2012 03:16 PM

No. Voracek may not be as physical, but he can still work the boards very well, can use his body to protect the puck, and has better speed and vision than Stewart.

Flyrs21 05-16-2012 03:18 PM

One of the players that shouldn't be traded on this team is Voracek. If he played with some skill players consistently maybe his stats would be better.

FreshPerspective 05-16-2012 03:22 PM

No!

I don't think people realize how important Voracek is to the transition game especially considering the limitations of some of our D with Pronger gone and Timonen on his last legs. The thing about Voracek is he needs to finish better...but that's what she said :sarcasm:

Larry44 05-16-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyershockey (Post 49780065)
I don't think I would be interested in something like that, but I'm also a huge Voracek fan. Wasn't Stewart relegated to the fourth line through much of the playoffs? Seems to me like he has motivational issues, because he certainly has more talent than that.

No, Stewart was a healthy scratch at times in the playoffs.

I don't know what his problem was, but I've always liked him. He's also the best friend of Wayne Simmonds, if you think Simmer can help shake him out of it.

I'd love to get Stewart, but Voracek is a star right now and is only getting better.

If St. Louis wants to deal him, I'd be open to discussions, but it would start with Harry Z or Wellwood or Bourdon in a small package. [edit: being a bit facetious with the Harry Z reference, but I don't know why any team would give up too much for him]

We're not trading our first line RW for a healthy scratch.....

Larry44 05-16-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psuhockey (Post 49779371)
Holmgren sounded less than enthusiastic about Voracek in his after season address.

Disagree on Homer's take. He was very positive, just tempering his enthusiasm in advance of the coming negotiations. He said he needed to work on his shot and shoot more, that's all. He'll sign reasonably, even if it's not long term.

jfb392 05-16-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

15. Colorado didn't create a market for Chris Stewart before trading him to St. Louis, and teams were disappointed they didn't get a chance at a strong, right-shooting scorer. Not long after the deal, I asked a member of the organization about letting him go. All he said was, "We have our reasons." That was it. No further explanation, no shot at his character. Just that.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

No thanks.

flyershockey 05-16-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44 (Post 49780871)
No, Stewart was a healthy scratch at times in the playoffs.

I don't know what his problem was, but I've always liked him. He's also the best friend of Wayne Simmonds, if you think Simmer can help shake him out of it.

I'd love to get Stewart, but Voracek is a star right now and is only getting better.

If St. Louis wants to deal him, I'd be open to discussions, but it would start with Harry Z or Wellwood or Bourdon in a small package. [edit: being a bit facetious with the Harry Z reference, but I don't know why any team would give up too much for him]

We're not trading our first line RW for a healthy scratch.....

If he really fell out of favor with the Blues, he could be a guy that you could get for fairly cheap. We all know that Homer loves his reclamation projects, so it might be worth looking at. With that said though, where do you put him? He seems like a guy that would be in a similar position as JVR, who by all accounts the Flyers are still in love with. Also, they would be wiser to go after a dman or two.

GKJ 05-16-2012 04:11 PM

No chance. And he's not going to be a 40-goal scorer next to anyone.

MsWoof 05-16-2012 04:18 PM

http://www.dirtydangle.com/2011/06/p...ing-badly.html

Yeah, let's bring Stewart to Philly!

DumpyD 05-16-2012 04:26 PM

This was the A-hole doing the 'Shhhh' motion right before the Blues got eliminated, yeah?

GKJ 05-16-2012 04:28 PM

Would rather they try for Clowe.

CharlieGirl 05-16-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DumpyD (Post 49783285)
This was the A-hole doing the 'Shhhh' motion right before the Blues got eliminated, yeah?

Yep.

Trading Wellwood for him would be a huge mistake. Wellwood is one of the very few forwards who understand the defensive part of his role, and will be a good 3rd/4th liner who excels on the PK forever.

MsWoof 05-16-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DumpyD (Post 49783285)

One in the same. Hate when players do that on the opposition's home ice.

Jack de la Hoya 05-16-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoof (Post 49783745)
One in the same. Hate when players do that on the opposition's home ice.

I don't like it either, but when you're about to be swept, it looks even worse.

whatthef 05-16-2012 04:56 PM

I do not want Chris Stewart anywhere near this team. He's shown flashes, but more than that he's shown a major lack of effort. No thank you.

King Forsberg 05-16-2012 05:32 PM

No thanks. We'll keep the Jake.

sa cyred 05-16-2012 05:33 PM

Yea, easily would take Voracek over Stewart

Prongo 05-16-2012 05:34 PM

I dont even think we will have trouble signing Voracek. He said he loved it in Philly and would like to be here earlier in the year. I know I know Jagr said the same thing, but Jagr has the ability to sign where ever he wants, Jake is a RFA

Stizzle 05-16-2012 06:04 PM

Voracek has shown the ability to be really, really good. I think he's ready to breakout. I don't understand why some people think he's available.

lancer247 05-16-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieGirl (Post 49783543)
Yep.

Trading Wellwood for him would be a huge mistake. Wellwood is one of the very few forwards who understand the defensive part of his role, and will be a good 3rd/4th liner who excels on the PK forever.

Yeeeaaahhh, now you're taking it a little too far. I can see not wanting trae Voracek for Stewart because of his questionable work ehtic but Stewart for Wellwood is a no brainer that you do 7 days a week.

I like the idea of buying low with Stewart. The guy was a 28 goal scorer in back to back seasons. He had like 3 less goals then Voracek this season.

He doesn't fit Hitch's trapping system but he may be a 25-30 goal scorer in Lavy's more up tempo system. Everyone ridiculed Hartnell for being out of shape but he turned himself around to play in Lavy's system.

I wouldn't be upset if they traded Voracek for Stewart. You just have to cross your fingers that he can be committed to staying in shape. They could end up with a 230lb 30 goal scorer that can drop the gloves or you can end up with Dustin Penner.

CharlieGirl 05-16-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer247 (Post 49787365)
Yeeeaaahhh, now you're taking it a little too far. I can see not wanting trae Voracek for Stewart because of his questionable work ehtic but Stewart for Wellwood is a no brainer that you do 7 days a week.

If Stewart were not a lazy, uncommitted player, I'd agree in a heartbeat. However, he's not, so at this point the only player I'd trade for him is Shelley.