HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Khokhlachev to Spartak Moscow?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1191621)

vorky 05-17-2012 03:33 AM

Khokhlachev to Spartak Moscow??

F Alexander Khokhlachev can play for Spartak Moscow next season, said his father and GM of Spartak. "It all depends on negotiations with Boston, he should sign with Bruins soon" IMO loan
Quote:

Несколько месяцев назад вы говорили, что он может вернуться в "Спартак", и работа в этом плане уже ведётся. За это время он стал ближе к возвращению в "Спартак"?

— Окончательного решения на данный момент ещё нет. Мы ведём переговоры с "Бостоном". Идёт хороший диалог, и всё движется в хорошем направлении. Думаю, что в конце июня мы придём к общему знаменателю. На данный же момент идёт процесс подписания основного контракта Александра с "Бостоном". После этого будет принято решение о дальнейшем продолжении его карьеры.
http://www.championat.com/hockey/art...aja-arena.html

google
Quote:

A few months ago you said that he could be back in "Spartacus" and work in this regard is already underway. During this time he became closer to return to "Spartacus"?
- A final decision on this point yet. We are in talks with "Boston." There is good dialogue, and everything is moving in the right direction. I think in the end of June we have a common denominator. At the same time in the process of signing the main contract with Alexander's "Boston." After that a decision on the further continuation of his career.

IrishPaulie 05-17-2012 03:46 AM

:(

Don't know how I feel about this.

bigbadbruins1 05-17-2012 05:13 AM

**** stay away from the KHL kid!
sounds like hes trying to force the B's to give him a contract. They can't afford to lose one of their top Forward prospects to Russia for however many years.

wej20 05-17-2012 08:15 AM

they should try and convince him to give the AHL at least a year before going to the KHL.

Oates2Neely 05-17-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 49812541)
they should try and convince him to give the AHL at least a year before going to the KHL.

Is he old enough for AHL?

wej20 05-17-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oates2Neely (Post 49812639)
Is he old enough for AHL?

he might not be actually, he's quite a late birthday for his draft year isn't he?

Tim Vezina Thomas 05-17-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 49813553)
he might not be actually, he's quite a late birthday for his draft year isn't he?

He definitely cannot play in the AHL. In fact, he might not be able to play in the AHL for two more years, he was the youngest player in his draft class.

Quite simply, Koko is thinking that he wont be able to make the Bruins for 2+ years, and would rather go back to his home country/make money/play against better competition rather than play in the CHL.

Just because hes going to the KHL doesnt mean we lose his rights, or hes "gone forever." It means we keep him happy (while at the same time begging him to stay in Juniors) by letting him do what he wants, and 2-3 years down the road if he shows he can hang in the NHL then we offer him his ELC.

Artemis 05-17-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas (Post 49814871)
He definitely cannot play in the AHL. In fact, he might not be able to play in the AHL for two more years, he was the youngest player in his draft class.

Quite simply, Koko is thinking that he wont be able to make the Bruins for 2+ years, and would rather go back to his home country/make money/play against better competition rather than play in the CHL.

Just because hes going to the KHL doesnt mean we lose his rights, or hes "gone forever." It means we keep him happy (while at the same time begging him to stay in Juniors) by letting him do what he wants, and 2-3 years down the road if he shows he can hang in the NHL then we offer him his ELC.

I wouldn't be so quick to say this is what Koko is thinking, as it's his father and the Spartak GM who are quoted in the story, as far as I can see. As a parent myself, I wouldn't blame his dad one bit for wanting him home, but what does Koko have to say about it?

wej20 05-17-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas (Post 49814871)

I think he'd be eligible for the AHL in 2013-14 as he'd turn 20 in September 2013.

Tim Vezina Thomas 05-17-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 49815145)
I wouldn't be so quick to say this is what Koko is thinking, as it's his father and the Spartak GM who are quoted in the story, as far as I can see. As a parent myself, I wouldn't blame his dad one bit for wanting him home, but what does Koko have to say about it?

By Koko I meant Kokos camp, family, agent, etc. Who knows what Koko is thinking? I'm not going to pretend to know.

What i posted is a likely scenario, is it not?

Tim Vezina Thomas 05-17-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 49816537)
I think he'd be eligible for the AHL in 2013-14 as he'd turn 20 in September 2013.

Yeah I think thats correct.

To me it would be foolish to offer him a contract now and take up contract spot when he likely wouldnt make the team for a minimum of two/three more years. Hes shown the willingness to come over to NA to develop in the best Junior league in the world, I wouldn't bet on him staying in Russia for an extended period of time, kid clearly wants to play in the NHL.

I'd try my best to keep him in the CHL for a couple more years, but if he really wants to go back home for a year or two I don't think its the end of the world. Koko would be playing in Juniors for the next two years anyway, let him stay and develop at home (in the second best professional league in the world). Its definitely not going to hurt his development if thats what he chooses.

Artemis 05-17-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas (Post 49817207)
By Koko I meant Kokos camp, family, agent, etc. Who knows what Koko is thinking? I'm not going to pretend to know.

What i posted is a likely scenario, is it not?

It's possible. Whether it's likely, I have no idea. The most important person in this whole deal is Koko himself, so I'd wait and see what he has to say.

Tim Vezina Thomas 05-17-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 49817391)
It's possible. Whether it's likely, I have no idea. The most important person in this whole deal is Koko himself, so I'd wait and see what he has to say.

Are you sure about that? He could very well be sitting there planning on listening to whatever his parents tell him to do, we just dont know.

All I was doing is pointing out what his reasoning could be...play in a foregin country for the next two years and make no money/live far away from his family or live close to home, make money, and still develop in a very good league.

DarrenRyan 05-17-2012 10:47 AM

Problem is the bruins can only offer entry level deal. KHL will offer millions

wej20 05-17-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas (Post 49817349)
Yeah I think thats correct.

To me it would be foolish to offer him a contract now and take up contract spot when he likely wouldnt make the team for a minimum of two/three more years. Hes shown the willingness to come over to NA to develop in the best Junior league in the world, I wouldn't bet on him staying in Russia for an extended period of time, kid clearly wants to play in the NHL.

I'd try my best to keep him in the CHL for a couple more years, but if he really wants to go back home for a year or two I don't think its the end of the world. Koko would be playing in Juniors for the next two years anyway, let him stay and develop at home (in the second best professional league in the world). Its definitely not going to hurt his development if thats what he chooses.

his contract slides when he's in junior so him taking up a spot isn't really a problem.

Tim Vezina Thomas 05-17-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 49817953)
his contract slides when he's in junior so him taking up a spot isn't really a problem.

If hes in Juniors does it count as a contract spot? I know the years slide, but I thought it still counted as a spot nonetheless.

wej20 05-17-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas (Post 49818353)
If hes in Juniors does it count as a contract spot? I know the years slide, but I thought it still counted as a spot nonetheless.

I only think they count if guys are playing pro but I'm not sure.

chasespace 05-17-2012 11:38 AM

Couldn't the Bruins sign him to a contract then loan him to Spartak?

BruinsNeedaRussian 05-17-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasespace (Post 49819683)
Couldn't the Bruins sign him to a contract then loan him to Spartak?

Not going to pretend I understand the situation and implications fully, but he would lose a lot of money. If he just signed with Spartak he would make a lot more than the ELC, which may be only 15% of the ELC (not sure).

Random Bruins Fan 05-17-2012 01:35 PM

If he plays in the KHL the Bruins will probably never see him again, that would be their usual luck with Russians.

Tim Vezina Thomas 05-17-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8th Rounder (Post 49824677)
If he plays in the KHL the Bruins will probably never see him again, that would be their usual luck with Russians.

Well this just simply isnt true. He went to the CHL and they were confident it wouldnt be an issue when they drafted him.

Plus, the Bruins are one of the best teams in the NHL (when healthy), if he doesnt wanna come back and compete for a Cup I dont want him here anyway.