HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WC: Semi-final Pre-Game Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1191949)

Systemfel 05-17-2012 04:05 PM

Semi-final Pre-Game Talk

Semi-finals
DateGameEasternCETEET
May 19Russia vs. Finland7:30 AM13:3014:30
May 19Czech Republic vs. Slovakia11:30 AM17:3018:30

Muuri 05-17-2012 04:11 PM

Russia <3

Not conviced by Finland yet. Only 1st and 4th lines playing well.

Random Oracle 05-17-2012 04:14 PM

Russia's the huge favorite, of course, but as we've seen anything can happen in a single knock-out game.

Smiddletown 05-17-2012 04:16 PM

Need a Finland - Czech Republic final just so people can go
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-s...chs_design.png

FinRuutu 05-17-2012 04:19 PM

Going to see both semi-final games at Hartwall Arena Saturday.

GOOOOOOOOOO FINLAND!

Can't decide if I wanna wear Koivu's Minnesota jersey or Jarkko Ruutu Fin jersey..

Puhis 05-17-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinRuutu (Post 49831455)

GOOOOOOOOOO FINLAND!

Can't decide if I wanna wear Koivu's Minnesota jersey or Jarkko Ruutu Fin jersey..

As you might know, I'm a huge Wild fan. I'd still say go with the Ruutu jersey... I'd feel kinda douchey going to a national team game with an NHL jersey on. Just sayin'.

Oh, and how much were the tickets?

Tuomaz 05-17-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinRuutu (Post 49831455)

GOOOOOOOOOO FINLAND!

Finland's jersey of course.

FinRuutu 05-17-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puhis (Post 49831523)
As you might know, I'm a huge Wild fan. I'd still say go with the Ruutu jersey... I'd feel kinda douchey going to a national team game with an NHL jersey on. Just sayin'.

Oh, and how much were the tickets?

I'm IFK fan, I'm not sure if I'm ready to put on Ruutu's jersey.

Tickets were 175 euros per game, bought them almost a year ago, money well spend.

Puhis 05-17-2012 04:26 PM

By the way, Finland 5 - 3 Russia. Calling it.

Filppula, Koivu x2, Hietanen, Pihlström for Finland

Malkin, Denisov, Datsyuk for Russia.

pouskin74* 05-17-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puhis (Post 49831691)
By the way, Finland 5 - 3 Russia. Calling it.

Filppula, Koivu x2, Hietanen, Pihlström for Finland

Malkin, Denisov, Datsyuk for Russia.

The life is much better without money! So You better put your money on it!:laugh:

Puhis 05-17-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinRuutu (Post 49831665)
I'm IFK fan, I'm not sure if I'm ready to put on Ruutu's jersey.

Tickets were 175 euros per game, bought them almost a year ago, money well spent.

FTFY.

Well, I still reckon those tickets are way, WAY too expensive. Should be 50-60€ for prime seats. It's ridiculous how they're allowed to suck money off hockey fans without getting torched in process. Shows them they can perfectly well replicate it next year.

Personally, I would have hard time putting a Ruutu jersey on, too, as Blues fan, but I'd still do it because it's for Finland. You're cheering for Finland, not for Ruutu who doesn't even play. Rather do that than cheer for Minnesota, which, while I approve of, would not suit the situation.

Mestaruus 05-17-2012 04:33 PM

Anything is possible, but my guess is Russia wins... Czech beats SVK.

Puhis 05-17-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pouskin74 (Post 49831811)
The life is much better without money! So You better put your money on it!:laugh:

I was considering putting couple of € for Finland, either 3-2 or 4-2 victory today. I would very happily bet on Finland winning in Saturday, if I had any money. I'm flat broke. And you're wrong, life is not better without money... Causes way too much stress. :(

FinRuutu 05-17-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puhis (Post 49831903)
FTFY.

Well, I still reckon those tickets are way, WAY too expensive. Should be 50-60€ for prime seats. It's ridiculous how they're allowed to suck money off hockey fans without getting torched in process. Shows them they can perfectly well replicate it next year.

Personally, I would have hard time putting a Ruutu jersey on, too, as Blues fan, but I'd still do it because it's for Finland. You're cheering for Finland, not for Ruutu who doesn't even play. Rather do that than cheer for Minnesota, which, while I approve of, would not suit the situation.

Yeah, same day that I bought those semi-final tickets (350€) I bought Ducks - Sabres ticket (220€). The upside is that I bought them 6 months - 1 year before the actual games. When the game day is I don't even remember the money I spent, I only have the tickets.

agent082 05-17-2012 04:38 PM

Russia has been looking good. As a finn i'm glad that Oveckin is in their team. Hoping he is as bad and lazy as last spring. He can destroy their teamplay. Although they are so skilled and our defending so horrible in own end, that they can win even then. I predict Russia wins 6-4 and Russia makes couple of beauties.

Fulcrum 05-17-2012 04:39 PM

I wouldn't write off Slovakia so quickly. Actually all 4 teams have a very good chance of winning, I would say.

Fulcrum 05-17-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent082 (Post 49832085)
Russia has been looking good. As a finn i'm glad that Oveckin is in their team. Hoping he is as bad and lazy as last spring. He can destroy their teamplay. Although they are so skilled and our defending so horrible in own end, that they can win even then. I predict Russia wins 6-4 and Russia makes couple of beauties.

Unless something happens, it's unlikely he'll change. He played well against Norway, and was far from Lazy. Him and Syomin combined for 3 points and 11 shots in the game. But, anything can happen

Tmu84 05-17-2012 04:52 PM

To me, it would be a miracle if Russia wouldn't be in the gold medal game. That roster is just insane. And I gotta say, Finnish defence really sucks this year.. Of course upsets are always possible, but unlikely :)

So the realist in me says Czech Republic - Russia final and the homer says Finland - Slovakia in the finals :laugh:

zorz 05-17-2012 05:05 PM

Honestly, I would be devastated if Czech R. lost this semifinal (with all respect to the opponent). This Slovak team really surprised me, they did a great job, but I couldn't bear a loss from this game. This is a must win.

Harikkerk 05-17-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 49832983)
Honestly, I would be devastated if Czech R. lost this semifinal (with all respect to the opponent). This Slovak team really surprised me, they did a great job, but I couldn't bear a loss from this game. This is a must win.

Don't worry, you'll win.

Fulcrum 05-17-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 49832983)

The great part is that Slovaks think the same. It's going to be a hell of a game! Slovakia will want revenge for last year as well.

KulleKing* 05-17-2012 05:14 PM

Russia will get their ***** kicked and Finland will win the gold medal against either of those other 2 teams. :yo:

Kshahdoo 05-17-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puhis (Post 49831903)
FTFY.

175 euro for WC semifinal tickets where your team is playing on a home ice? I bet now you won't buy them even for twice as more. At least if it was in Moscow for Russia's game, they would cost much more.

Systemfail 05-17-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmu84 (Post 49832591)
To me, it would be a miracle if Russia wouldn't be in the gold medal game. That roster is just insane. And I gotta say, Finnish defence really sucks this year.. Of course upsets are always possible, but unlikely :)

So the realist in me says Czech Republic - Russia final and the homer says Finland - Slovakia in the finals :laugh:

that swedish roster- playing at home - was also supposed to be insane, like 16 nhl superstars incl the zetterbeard, e-karlsson, bäckis, alfie, etc etc - but sweden usually chokes with their biggest stars, like they have done in Nagano, Salt Lake City and Vancouver olympics ... That insane russian squad will also fail - like they usually do vs the no-name Finns who are a TEAM

Shrimper 05-17-2012 05:19 PM

If Russia don't win it I'll be surprised.

Could've been an epic final four thought if Canada and USA had gone through.

CAN V CZK
RUS V USA

Cheering for Russia.