HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Chicago-Florida (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1192309)

digdug41982 05-18-2012 09:48 AM

Chicago-Florida

:hawks
Mike Santorelli

:panthers
Ludvig Rensfeldt -or- Ben Smith

Hawks get a center, far from ideal but cheap, needs a change of scenery, maybe it works. Rensfeldt is a prospect with a lot of upside but best served to go over to SEL after his junior career and further develop, more of a long term prospect but lots of upside, needs to bulk up.

SufferingCatFan 05-18-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 49855627)
Mike Santorelli

Ludvig Rensfeldt

Hawks get a center, far from ideal but cheap, needs a change of scenery, maybe it works. Rensfeldt is a prospect with a lot of upside but best served to go over to SEL after his junior career and further develop, more of a long term prospect but lots of upside, needs to bulk up.

Would much perfer Kyle Beach over Rensfeldt and would be willing to add a 4th in 2012.

digdug41982 05-18-2012 11:31 AM

Beach is too much to give up for us without getting something different back. What other prospects interest you guys? What do you think about Ben Smith?

ShootIt 05-18-2012 11:38 AM

No clue who those two are, but, deal to either one.

Seeya Santorelli

Panthers are Red 05-18-2012 11:57 AM

I would say that Ben Smith would be a good deal. Santorelli has lost his position in the team because he doesn't seem to fit in with Dineen's system and it seems very likely that he will get traded.

Would be interested in Jimmy Hayes with the Panthers adding something else as well. He seems like the sort of player than the Panthers could be really interested in: a young right winger with size. I don't really know how he is valued though so not sure what would be a good trade.

Blackhawkswincup 05-18-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 49855627)
Mike Santorelli

Ludvig Rensfeldt -or- Ben Smith

Santorelli bombed this past year

9 goals and 2 assists in 60 games ,, He has a cap hit of 1.6M and looks like a 1 yr wonder

He is not worth either of those prospects ,, His value would be a failed prospect like Shawn Lalonde at most

Horrendous deal for Hawks

digdug41982 05-18-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 49859293)
Santorelli bombed this past year

9 goals and 2 assists in 60 games ,, He has a cap hit of 1.6M and looks like a 1 yr wonder

He is not worth either of those prospects ,, His value would be a failed prospect like Shawn Lalonde at most

Horrendous deal for Hawks

Rensfeldt and Smith are unlikely to make it here. Santorelli is a gamble for nothing we can't afford to lose.

Bubba88 05-18-2012 04:45 PM

We don't need a gamble, we need guys we know what we are getting. I don't want Santorelli

SoupyFIN 05-18-2012 05:00 PM

Someone please, just take him. We'll take a conditional 7th, with the condition being that Jovo scores 100 goals during the next season.

We're desperate. Just take him.

Blackhawkswincup 05-18-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 49867159)
Rensfeldt and Smith are unlikely to make it here. Santorelli is a gamble for nothing we can't afford to lose.

Ah yes

Ludvig who hasn't even turned pro yet and Smith should be dumped for a 1 yr wonder who fell apart

Aren't you one of those who bash bringing back Frolik? If so its odd you would rather go with a guy who is just as costly , Less proven and coming off worse season

DisgruntledHawkFan 05-19-2012 09:31 AM

I like Santorelli and advocated bringing him in last year. Would be a twenty goal scorer playing on our second line. Ben Smith is about the highest end prospect I'd give up though.

SufferingCatFan 05-19-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 49886655)
I like Santorelli and advocated bringing him in last year. Would be a twenty goal scorer playing on our second line. Ben Smith is about the highest end prospect I'd give up though.

What would it take for us to add to get Beach? Tallon would love to continue to put his band back together

Bubba88 05-19-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 49886655)

I really doubt this