HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Finally, some real comments from Weber about Rads.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1192419)

codeman00 05-18-2012 02:01 PM

Finally, some real comments from Weber about Rads....

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/weber...-back%E2%80%9D

VFL615* 05-18-2012 03:37 PM

Good for Weber.

codeman00 05-18-2012 04:29 PM

It's just nice to see someone able to tell the truth about what happened. Suter said it wasn't a distraction, but we all know that it was. I watched the last practice in person before the final game and it was pretty evident that Rads was there for "business reasons" while the other guys were cutting up and having fun. I thought there was still some tension.

I wish Rads would have apologized publicly to the team and especially the fans. A quick serious public apology saying that he screwed up and he let everyone down would have been much more effective than what happened.

handtrick 05-23-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman00 (Post 49868103)

I wish Rads would have apologized publicly to the team and especially the fans. A quick serious public apology saying that he screwed up and he let everyone down would have been much more effective than what happened.

Would have been nice, but Rads is all about Rads....always has been, always will be.

Shea Weber 05-23-2012 11:31 AM

Heard the full interview from a link on twitter somewhere the other day.

Webs talked about the team in terms of "we" and "us". Felt good to hear.

PredsV82 05-23-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick (Post 50041361)
Would have been nice, but Rads is all about Rads....always has been, always will be.

do you think he is worth keeping if its gonna cost 6 mil a year or more?

personally I dont, given his newfound preference of passing over shooting

I think 5 mil is reasonable, for what would basically be a younger Erat.

gratefulpred 05-23-2012 07:21 PM

Good to hear the Captain talking about us over the Knuckleheads.

29dryden29 05-23-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by analogkid (Post 50060579)
Good to hear the Captain talking about us over the Knuckleheads.

Not like he would say much while still under cdontract with you guys even if he wanted to he is a little smarter than that me thinks.

NoNecksCurse 05-23-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 50061307)
Not like he would say much while still under cdontract with you guys even if he wanted to he is a little smarter than that me thinks.

do you just come around here to subtlely put us down and be negative?

Top 6 Spaling 05-23-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 50070427)

Take out the word "subtlety" and you nailed it.

29dryden29 05-23-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 50070427)

Seriously do you think he would say man I can't wait to sign in Van City or Detroit or wherever even if he was thinking it while under contract with another team I mean seriously no pro athlete under contract is going to say anything like that even if they were thinking it. It is not a put down it is common sense.

handtrick 05-24-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 50054611)
do you think he is worth keeping if its gonna cost 6 mil a year or more?

personally I dont, given his newfound preference of passing over shooting

I think 5 mil is reasonable, for what would basically be a younger Erat.

Good question. I think $5 mill is reasonable, but I think he will want more and the KHL will pay way more than that.
I think he is hestitant to sign long term here with Trotz's defensive minded system and Poile's culture of accountability. I also think Poile/Trotz are leary about signing him long term, but also don't want to lose such a valuable asset for nothing.
I think, realistically, he signs w/ the Preds or KHL for only the one or two years (I have heard both) that it takes him to UFA in the NHL, then he goes on the open market.