HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   JvR? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1192797)

Pie Man 05-19-2012 08:04 AM

JvR?
 
Hello Flyers fans. After 3 years in NHL what do ya guys think about JvR? and what is the Flyers plan with him? is he Girouxs future wingman or a tradebait?

StandingCow 05-19-2012 08:26 AM

We don't know, he is always injured. I think he may go for tradebait if we can get a solid D man as part of the trade.

bp spec 05-19-2012 08:31 AM

I've been waiting for him to break out for two years now. Especially after 11' playoffs. That's all I know.

GKJ 05-19-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie Man (Post 49886119)
Hello Flyers fans. After 3 years in NHL what do ya guys think about JvR? and what is the Flyers plan with him? is he Girouxs future wingman or a tradebait?

After last summer, nothing is guaranteed.

BrimFullofAsham45 05-19-2012 08:38 AM

Tradebait. He just doesn't have hockey sense. He only has one move: try and skate really fast to net. It usually doesn't work. For some reason, it worked in last years Buffalo series. He just isn't a guy that is at all physical and that really hurts his linemates. Kind of like Jeff Carter in an odd way, except carter has a nasty wrister.

I'm from New Jersey and I can understand why JVR will never be great. They just don't have good hockey here, I know because I played here. JVR is simply a priveleged kid who never had to work too hard to better than most of the filth that play hockey in NJ. He just doesn't have the nuanced game that a Saskatchewan farm boy like Schenn does.

Because I'm from NJ though, I really would like jvr to be a great player for us, and I do like him. I just don't see the potential other people do and despite his long term contract I can definitely see Holmgren shopping him around. I just think Flyers were fine without him, if not better.

DrinkFightFlyers 05-19-2012 09:04 AM

High ceiling and has shown his potential at some points. Too injured to really tell where and what he will be. With the scoring depth the Flyers seem to have this point, it would not surprise me to see him traded for a D-Man this summer.

sa cyred 05-19-2012 10:49 AM

A lot of JVR I think is based off of his draft position (2nd overall in one of the weakest drafts in the past decade). Other than one playoff series and one game this last playoff, he hasnt shown much. He does the same thing game in and game out (go down the wing around a defender and either slapshot or wrister into the goalie). If he doesnt get traded this offseason (which I do think there is a chance no matter what his trade value is), he needs to start showing some of this potential of his. With his new contract, we can't wait till he is 26-27 years old for him to maybe reach it.

hckyplayer8 05-19-2012 10:50 AM

Tradebait for a D.

UKFlyers 05-19-2012 11:25 AM

I still have some faith in him becoming a good player. Next season would be make or break though. Granted, there have been a lot of injuries, but he doesn't seem to know how to utilise his size and strength. I'm hoping that with experience he'll learn how to really use his size to his advantage, but it's becoming more and more unlikely. If he was traded for a good D, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

RJ8812 05-19-2012 11:27 AM

he will never live up to what 90% of Flyers fans think he'll be (40/40/80)

I expect him to be trade bait for a #1 defenseman this off-season

Philadelphia Ducks 05-19-2012 12:29 PM

tradebait

tuckrr 05-19-2012 12:36 PM

Id only want to move JvR for an awesome return..
Adam Larsson type of return

Hockeypete49 05-19-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 49889395)
A lot of JVR I think is based off of his draft position (2nd overall in one of the weakest drafts in the past decade). Other than one playoff series and one game this last playoff, he hasnt shown much. He does the same thing game in and game out (go down the wing around a defender and either slapshot or wrister into the goalie). If he doesnt get traded this offseason (which I do think there is a chance no matter what his trade value is), he needs to start showing some of this potential of his. With his new contract, we can't wait till he is 26-27 years old for him to maybe reach it.

I agree. Lord I would just love him to take off and become a monster for us but I think he will be tradebait this off season. Toronto wants him in the worst way.

tuckrr 05-19-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 (Post 49892711)
I agree. Lord I would just love him to take off and become a monster for us but I think he will be tradebait this off season. Toronto wants him in the worst way.

I think his international play (not just being #2) is also why people have faith in JvR..

he's just a big-game player. (Like briere, but bigger)
You don't trade those

04' hockey 05-19-2012 01:06 PM

for better or for worse he'll be here next year.....the Flyers will not get proper return for him in a trade this offseason because of his performance the last 2 years, he'll either come in and play to his potential or he'll continue his "priveliged kid" act and frustrate AGAIN next year.....flip a coin :shakehead

he needs a summer under Gary Roberts :nod:

BrindamoursNose 05-19-2012 01:54 PM

He doesn't have a NTC kicking in this year does he?!?!?!

If he does...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Xb7OrSZtOA...vista_baby.jpg

flyerfanish 05-19-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 49897159)
He doesn't have a NTC kicking in this year does he?!?!?!

If he does...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Xb7OrSZtOA...vista_baby.jpg

awesome :laugh:

I'm hoping he'll break out this season. I agree with what some of you have said that he's a big game player like Briere. But I think he can be great during the season aswell. People talked about him needing to bulk up last year. He did. So I think he wants to get better and he probably will. Give him this season, hopefully without injuries and I think he'll turn out great. Let the kid gain some confidence by playing him with Giroux. I seriously think some confidence will help him ALOT.

turkinaa 05-19-2012 02:32 PM

I want JVR to be so much better and he has shown that he can be, but with injuries, as said before, he can't be given money to possibly reach his potential and be injured. He should be traded even though it is possible that it will look bad in a few years.

Flyerfan4life 05-19-2012 03:29 PM

i will be totaly shocked if we go into next season and hes still on teh roster..

i suspect he gets traded for sure.

SolidSnakeUS 05-19-2012 03:49 PM

I think after finding out that he basically had 3 injuries this season (concussion, hip and leg/foot), I still think we should give him a chance, and hopefully a full season.

questhockey 05-19-2012 03:54 PM

Just wondering if he would be good trade bait for 2nd/3rd overall in this years draft to get Murray.
Flyers need top pairing D, and CBJ/Montreal may trade pick for JVR.
Montreal needs size, and speed up front, so does CBJ with Nash probably heading out of town.
IMO that might solve many questions/problems for both teams.

SolidSnakeUS 05-19-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by questhockey (Post 49903623)
Just wondering if he would be good trade bait for 2nd/3rd overall in this years draft to get Murray.
Flyers need top pairing D, and CBJ/Montreal may trade pick for JVR.
Montreal needs size, and speed up front, so does CBJ with Nash probably heading out of town.
IMO that might solve many questions/problems for both teams.

Honestly, I think trading him now, after all these problems just to be sent to another club that would probably ruin him, is not good. I'd honestly feel real bad for him. Keep him for another year or two then we'll see.

Spongolium* 05-19-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 (Post 49886825)
Tradebait. He just doesn't have hockey sense. He only has one move: try and skate really fast to net. It usually doesn't work. For some reason, it worked in last years Buffalo series. He just isn't a guy that is at all physical and that really hurts his linemates. Kind of like Jeff Carter in an odd way, except carter has a nasty wrister.

I'm from New Jersey and I can understand why JVR will never be great. They just don't have good hockey here, I know because I played here. JVR is simply a priveleged kid who never had to work too hard to better than most of the filth that play hockey in NJ. He just doesn't have the nuanced game that a Saskatchewan farm boy like Schenn does.

Because I'm from NJ though, I really would like jvr to be a great player for us, and I do like him. I just don't see the potential other people do and despite his long term contract I can definitely see Holmgren shopping him around. I just think Flyers were fine without him, if not better.

This is the dumbest post I have seen on these boards for a long time.

He's just a priveleged kid, that made it to the NHL as a second overall pick. I've played rugby in south wales, clearly I can tell you everything about a rugby players development here.

grow up

tuckrr 05-19-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanish (Post 49898147)
awesome :laugh:

I'm hoping he'll break out this season. I agree with what some of you have said that he's a big game player like Briere. But I think he can be great during the season aswell. People talked about him needing to bulk up last year. He did. So I think he wants to get better and he probably will. Give him this season, hopefully without injuries and I think he'll turn out great. Let the kid gain some confidence by playing him with Giroux. I seriously think some confidence will help him ALOT.

I agree!

JvR-Giroux-Jagr/Voracek
would be awesome.

MsWoof 05-19-2012 06:10 PM

I don't like the contract extension and think it will be tough to trade him for something good. Also, what kind of message does it send other free agents about a second player getting a long term contract and being traded before it kicks in?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.