HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   This Kreider Kid... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1193041)

LordsCup* 05-19-2012 04:21 PM

This Kreider Kid...

I think he might be a good one....

Huge size, elite speed, great shot, 8th in goals in the playoffs, goal in all 3 conference finals games...

And he has only played 14 career NHL games?

What the hell did the Rangers do to deserve someone like that?

TheRightWay 05-19-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordsCup (Post 49904507)

Huge size, elite speed, great shot, 8th in goals in the playoffs, goal in all 3 conference finals games...

Come out alive from the entire 1998-2004 period.

timw33 05-19-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Because they drafted him 3 years ago when they weren't the same team they are today?

Rangers Fail 05-19-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Drafted him at 19th overall?

:confused:

Roomtemperature 05-19-2012 04:33 PM

No one has ever given me a good reason why we allow players to go from the NCAA to the playoffs in the same season

Levitate 05-19-2012 04:33 PM

^^^ Because the rules allow it, that's why. Also, Kreider is basically the only player in history to have as big of an impact coming straight from college to the NHL playoffs so in the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal

Dude owns

Rangers deserve him because they scouted him and drafted him

Blue Blooded 05-19-2012 04:35 PM

According to the Viasat broadcast, he just broke the NHL record for playoff points by a player that made his NHL début during the playoffs.

nrf83 05-19-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roomtemperature (Post 49905005)
No one has ever given me a good reason why we allow players to go from the NCAA to the playoffs in the same season

no need to justify it; NHL allows it so live with it

Screw You Rick Nash 05-19-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

You never gave a good reason to not allow it.

TheRightWay 05-19-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Care to provide us with a reason why it should not be allowed?

LordsCup* 05-19-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Probably just to piss off devils fans. Just my opinion though, could be wrong.

schabadoo 05-19-2012 04:40 PM

Stupid thread.

Clearly the announcers are gushing over this nobody too much.

Typical NY Hype Machine.:sarcasm:

Roomtemperature 05-19-2012 04:42 PM

Because the player was not with the franchise until after the playoffs. No other league allows players to up and join in the middle of the playoffs with out playing in the regular season. It's just mercenary like to get a fresh player who hasn't been through the AHL or NHL grind

Mr Atoz* 05-19-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Fine. From now on the devils can't do it. Happy?:shakehead

LordsCup* 05-19-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roomtemperature (Post 49905393)
Because the player was not with the franchise until after the playoffs. No other league allows players to up and join in the middle of the playoffs with out playing in the regular season. It's just mercenary like to get a fresh player who hasn't been through the AHL or NHL grind

Dont be a sore loser. Jeeze.

KingKopitar11* 05-19-2012 04:48 PM

<Dwight king

Roomtemperature 05-19-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Atoz (Post 49905415)
Fine. From now on the devils can't do it. Happy?:shakehead

So nobody can complain about rules good to know

TheRightWay 05-19-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

He wasn't? Kreider wasn't Rangers' property before signing him?

So here is the alternative. Teams can only play college players who played in the regular season. Therefore, Jaden Schwartz is eligible to play in the playoffs for the Blues because he played a handful of regular season games after his college team was eliminated while Kreider can't play for the Rangers because his college team was too successful for him to sign during the regular season. That would be more fair?

NYRFAN218 05-19-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

You're throwing a kid who's never played a pro game into the fire of the NHL playoffs. The fresh legs thing could go the other way as well since fatigue could set in as he's not used to playing this many games. There's many drawbacks to doing what the Rangers did and a lot of times it doesn't work. It's a risk they took by burning a year off his ELC. If he didn't have this big of an impact, we don't see criticisms like this either.

Roomtemperature 05-19-2012 04:52 PM

He's not apart of the franchise til he's signed a contract that allows him to play an NHL game. I don't get why it's fair to do that with an NCAA prospect but not any other free agents

mrjimmyg89 05-19-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 (Post 49905593)
<Dwight king

<Scarlett Johansson

Boyle Knows Santa 05-19-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Yeah, and he also had never played at a higher level than NCAA. He had also never played with his teammates.

So, he has fresh legs (relatively) but was also thrown into the best hockey league in the world after previously only playing in no better than the 6th or 7th. Additionally, he had absolutely no chemistry with any of the players.

This is an incredibly rare scenario. Kreider is a special player, that is the only reason he has been able to make an impact.

DanrickBrassardi 05-19-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roomtemperature (Post 49905777)
He's not apart of the franchise til he's signed a contract that allows him to play an NHL game. I don't get why it's fair to do that with an NCAA prospect but not any other free agents

if he wasn't part of the franchise, any other team would've been allowed to sign him

LordsCup* 05-19-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roomtemperature (Post 49905777)

How is this so hard for you?

Kreider wasnt a free agent, he was Rangers property.

Roomtemperature 05-19-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordsCup (Post 49905875)
How is this so hard for you?

Kreider wasnt a free agent, he was Rangers property.

But he didn't have a contract. An RFA is still a team's propert but a free agent and Krieder didn't have to sign thus free agent