HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Will there be a BIG Move this offseason? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1193241)

JABEE 05-20-2012 01:47 AM

Will there be a BIG Move this offseason?

Looking back on last year not many expected the number of moves we saw last year a year removed from the Stanley Cup Final defeat to the Chicago Blackhawks and the second round sweep to the Boston Bruins. I was inspired by the Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter thread from last June.

What big move do you think could blindside us all this year? Will the Flyers be conservative and keep their young core intact or will the Flyers look to trade away big pieces from this years team?

The player I think has a chance of being moved is Jakub Voracek. I believe Jake will be a 75+ point forward in this league, but his upcoming contract is going to be a tough negotiation. Jake finished the season strong and I think the Flyers may try to put him in a package for a defenseman.

What BIG trades do you see happening this upcoming off season that could greatly reshape the structure of the current Flyers roster?

KaraLupin 05-20-2012 04:28 AM

I have a huge erection for Voracek, I don't want to see him go. :( I would rather move Timonen and Simmonds.

MsWoof 05-20-2012 07:41 AM

If they are keeping Bryz for 8 more years, big moves need to be made, starting with the coach. If he's not willing to overhaul his system, there is no way they'll succeed in the playoffs. If he is willing, they need to do something about the forwards since very few are also good (not great) defensive players. All you have to do is look at every other team in the playoffs to realize how important 200' players are in the playoffs. They're either going to have to re-sign Carle for big bucks or let him go and then replace him. Kimmo, assuming his surgery is successful, has to have his minutes managed much better.

35NW8ING 05-20-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoof (Post 49920577)
If they are keeping Bryz for 8 more years, big moves need to be made, starting with the coach. If he's not willing to overhaul his system, there is no way they'll succeed in the playoffs. If he is willing, they need to do something about the forwards since very few are also good (not great) defensive players. All you have to do is look at every other team in the playoffs to realize how important 200' players are in the playoffs. They're either going to have to re-sign Carle for big bucks or let him go and then replace him. Kimmo, assuming his surgery is successful, has to have his minutes managed much better.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

TheKingPin 05-20-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Yea well said. Although I do think lavy changing the system and us not having a lot of great D Fwds goes together. Except briere which is why we should trade him. Can't have a D team and then throw danny b out there.

I would personally like to use our 1st and trade for a higher first and get two dman that way prob using jvr as well as sign a suter. Need some good rookies with low contracts on the back end to play with the 4 mill a year crew we have back there.

Over all I think this team is very well off and a few moves puts us tops in the east for the next 5 years

Giroux 4 MVP 05-20-2012 11:01 AM

I really hope briere is gone and I don't care how he plays in the playoffs, he's another year older and I don't think he plays that way again, by moving him you can sign many potential UFAs, maybe even move JVR and briere and sign a combo of parise and Suter, with cap going up to 69 million, and the two contracts freeing up 11 million that leaves 16 million to sign two very good players who would put us over the top

Jumping 05-20-2012 11:40 AM

Of course.
It is in the Flyers DNA.

My prediction... its huge.

Bob to TB for 2 2nds

Trade Mez, JVR, 2012 1st, TB 2 2nds (because we can not draft a 2nd rounder, it is in the Mayan calender or something) for Weber of Nashville

Sign Parise, Sign Zenon, Sign decent AHL goalie

Let all FA's go

Hartnell, Giroux, Parise
Simmons, Schenn, Briere
Talbot, Couts, Read
Wellwood, a big center, random wing
Rinaldo

Coburn, Grossmann
Weber, Kimmo
Zenon, Gus
Lilja

Bryz, refugee from AHL

MsWoof 05-20-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP (Post 49924049)
I really hope briere is gone and I don't care how he plays in the playoffs, he's another year older and I don't think he plays that way again, by moving him you can sign many potential UFAs, maybe even move JVR and briere and sign a combo of parise and Suter, with cap going up to 69 million, and the two contracts freeing up 11 million that leaves 16 million to sign two very good players who would put us over the top

Briere won't go anywhere if his ex wife is still in the area. If she moves back to the Ottawa area, maybe the Sens will take him.

JABEE 05-20-2012 02:52 PM

What about Parise, could that be the direction the Flyers are going in or do they go for defense?

TheLegendkiller 05-20-2012 03:34 PM

The only move we need to make is a no. 1 dman and a defensive forward (Gaustad, Slater, or Stoll). We don't need to do anything else...yet. So stop suggesting stupid-ass knee-jerk reaction things like trading Briere, Simmonds, and getting a new coach. What if Boston fired Julien after 2010? What if Tortorella got fired after not making it out of the first round last season?

SolidSnakeUS 05-20-2012 03:44 PM

So many irate people still...

The biggest move I could only see happen is if we go for the rights of Weber or just flat out give a nice sizable paycheck to Suter.

GKJ 05-20-2012 04:27 PM

Voracek doesn't score enough to be a 75-point player. A career high for him will likely be around 60 points.

JABEE 05-20-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 49934985)
Voracek doesn't score enough to be a 75-point player. A career high for him will likely be around 60 points.

I think he's a good enough playmaker to score 25 goals and 50 assists. The end of last season and into the playoffs he was at about a PPG.

On the Voracek comment, I really don't want to trade Voracek, because I see him as a player who is going to be a star in this league. I hope they have patience to sign him and keep him in Philadelphia for a long time.

BillyShoe1721 05-20-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

I agree that the defensive play of the forwards needs to be addressed, but I don't think overhauling them is how you do it. You can teach defensive play. Take all the younger guys, and tell them to focus on nothing but learning how to play in their own zone. Combine that with signing one or two good veteran defensive forwards in the bottom 6, and I think we'll be ok.

daynus 05-20-2012 05:31 PM

some of you are throwing out a big roster turnover

i see a much smaller one. i feel we need to bring help on the back end, suter is my first option. we are a young team, need to drop thea small amount of fluff up front, bring in some big beasts up front. i can see jagr gone, kubina gone, carle, sitting on the fence. if no suter, then luke schenn. and we are not gonna flash big name guys like jvr for him. thats the equivalent of shooting our selves in the foot. the price to get a deal done for luke schenn is mid priced, not high. move up couts and brayden schenn. a slight tweek in overall system, more size, and beast mentality on and off the ice, by drafting zegmus gigensons, that guy is a beast, we need. and ps voracek is not going anywhere. the guy is big, tough in the corner, as is wayne simmonds, and he is not going anywhere cuz he is a beast,. the beasts i love, bring in more beaslty men, not boyz, less fluff, throw that team on the ice, for years to come. sit back and cups will be a comin to broad st.

DickTony 05-20-2012 06:09 PM

I don't see another huge overhaul this year. At the most, I think Homer will probably take a run at Suter and hopefully let Carle walk to clear up money for that. If not, I'm sure he'll explore trading for Weber, but not at the cost of blowing up the team. Jagr is a crap shoot at this point.

DrinkFightFlyers 05-20-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumping (Post 49924985)
Of course.
It is in the Flyers DNA.

Bob to TB for 2 2nds

Trade Mez, JVR, 2012 1st, TB 2 2nds (because we can not draft a 2nd rounder, it is in the Mayan calender or something) for Weber of Nashville

Let all FA's go

Hartnell, Giroux, Parise
Simmons, Schenn, Briere
Talbot, Couts, Read
Rinaldo

Coburn, Grossmann
Weber, Kimmo
Zenon, Gus
Lilja

Bryz, refugee from AHL

No way that fits under the cap, but if it did I would be all in on that team.

Nuclear 05-20-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Of course.
It is in the Flyers DNA.

Bob to TB for 2 2nds

Let all FA's go

Hartnell, Giroux, Parise
Simmons, Schenn, Briere
Talbot, Couts, Read
Rinaldo

Coburn, Grossmann
Weber, Kimmo
Zenon, Gus
Lilja

Bryz, refugee from AHL

Rather than trading a kings ransom for Weber, I'd rather see us land Suter for a large cap hit. Even if we significantly overpay, it's better than giving away the store for one player (especially after what we had to give up for Pronger).

Giroux 4 MVP 05-20-2012 08:00 PM

Weber is the captain and leader and best player on the preds, he isn't going anywhere.

flyersfan187 05-20-2012 08:06 PM

The only player I see going is Mez along with Lavy. You can also let Jagr walk and put Voracek with Giroux and Hartnell. Mez and Jagr going would free up 7 million in cap room plus if the cap goes up to 69 million that would give the Flyers a lot of wiggle room.

If they want to bring in Parise they would have to trade JVR to do it.

Giroux 4 MVP 05-20-2012 08:09 PM

Why the **** does everyone hate Mezsaros all of a sudden, don't want him going anywhere. What do you guys think about signing guillaume latendresse? I know he has been hurt a lot the last two seasons but he's a good hard working player, could really get his career back on track.

TheLegendkiller 05-20-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan187 (Post 49941689)
The only player I see going is Mez along with Lavy. You can also let Jagr walk and put Voracek with Giroux and Hartnell. Mez and Jagr going would free up 7 million in cap room plus if the cap goes up to 69 million that would give the Flyers a lot of wiggle room.

If they want to bring in Parise they would have to trade JVR to do it.

Why? Whyyyyyyyy? If anybody on the d needs to go its Carle. And we don't need ****ing Parise.

DUHockey9 05-20-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Of course.
It is in the Flyers DNA.

Bob to TB for 2 2nds

Let all FA's go

Hartnell, Giroux, Parise
Simmons, Schenn, Briere
Talbot, Couts, Read
Rinaldo

Coburn, Grossmann
Weber, Kimmo
Zenon, Gus
Lilja

Bryz, refugee from AHL

I'd be shocked if the Flyers could get 2 2nds for Bob. Goalies historically have little value (unless Colorado gives you a ransom), and Bob did nothing to help his value this season.

Giroux 4 MVP 05-20-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller (Post 49942299)
Why? Whyyyyyyyy? If anybody on the d needs to go its Carle. And we don't need ****ing Parise.

Agreed what about maybe latendresse? He used to be really solid player before he got hurt

Ryker 05-20-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller (Post 49942299)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP (Post 49941789)
Why the **** does everyone hate Mezsaros all of a sudden, don't want him going anywhere. What do you guys think about signing guillaume latendresse? I know he has been hurt a lot the last two seasons but he's a good hard working player, could really get his career back on track.

He didn't even say he wants Mez to be gone, he only said he sees that. Frankly, I don't see compelling evidence that would make this an impossibility, either.