HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Mikael Backlund (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1193355)

Deen 05-20-2012 01:38 PM

Mikael Backlund
 
Many fans are high on the potential that Mikael Backlund has and that he could potentially be a solid top 6 player down the road. He had a bit of an injury filled season last year. What would you offer to get Mikael Backlund out of Calgary?

QMJHLfollower 05-20-2012 01:52 PM

Bozak+Colborne for Backlund+Arnold.

Ice Cream Man 05-20-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49926705)
Bozak+Colborne for Backlund+Arnold.

Not a terrible proposal. I've seen worse.

Although I'm kinda high on Arnold. Would love to see the player he could potentially become playing for Calgary, not Toronto.

NFITO 05-20-2012 01:59 PM

Now is not the time to deal Backlund if you're the Flames... his development hasn't been perfect since his draft almost 5 years ago now... no one is going to give you the return that reflects his top potential at this stage, and for Calgary, waiting for that potential is worth more than whatever return they can get for him now.

Only reason for a team like Calgary to deal him would be if they've given up on his potential... otherwise you keep the guy you think can still develop into a top-6 center, especially on a team that is in desperate need for that kind of talent.

Simply put, Backlund won't be worth nearly enough to justify moving him over keeping him and hoping his development gets back on track soon.

Xelstyle 05-20-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFITO (Post 49926887)
Now is not the time to deal Backlund if you're the Flames... his development hasn't been perfect since his draft almost 5 years ago now... no one is going to give you the return that reflects his top potential at this stage, and for Calgary, waiting for that potential is worth more than whatever return they can get for him now.

Only reason for a team like Calgary to deal him would be if they've given up on his potential... otherwise you keep the guy you think can still develop into a top-6 center, especially on a team that is in desperate need for that kind of talent.

Simply put, Backlund won't be worth nearly enough to justify moving him over keeping him and hoping his development gets back on track soon.

Nicely put. Flames are better off taking that "risk" with Backlund.

QMJHLfollower 05-20-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man (Post 49926881)
Not a terrible proposal. I've seen worse.

Although I'm kinda high on Arnold. Would love to see the player he could potentially become playing for Calgary, not Toronto.

Would you do it if it was Horak instead of Arnold?

Skobel24 05-20-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49931833)
Would you do it if it was Horak instead of Arnold?

Honestly, that makes it even worse, IMO.

QMJHLfollower 05-20-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel24 (Post 49933215)
Honestly, that makes it even worse, IMO.

Breen+Jones instead of Arnold/Horak?

Skobel24 05-20-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49933423)
Breen+Jones instead of Arnold/Horak?

Arnold is more likely than Horak or Breen. You're going in the wrong direction here :P

As it stands, Breen may actually fight for a spot on the Flames next season.

QMJHLfollower 05-20-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel24 (Post 49933551)
Arnold is more likely than Horak or Breen. You're going in the wrong direction here :P

As it stands, Breen may actually fight for a spot on the Flames next season.

Ah sorry, ahah.

Can you make a list of your top 20 prospects so I can choose one of Arnold or little less caliber ahah?

TheHudlinator 05-20-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49933773)
Ah sorry, ahah.

Can you make a list of your top 20 prospects so I can choose one of Arnold or little less caliber ahah?

What about Wahl?

bluemandan 05-20-2012 05:02 PM

:blues

Matt D'Agostini
2nd

:flames

Mikael Backlund
3rd

TheHudlinator 05-20-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemandan (Post 49933943)
:blues

Matt D'Agostini
2nd

:flames

Mikael Backlund
3rd

No Backlund is atleast as good as D'Agonstini now but could be much better in a year or two and that out values switching our 3rd to a 2nd.

QMJHLfollower 05-20-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 49933919)
What about Wahl?

I don't know about Wahl, he can not even stay in the AHL.

How would you describe him?

TheHudlinator 05-20-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49934317)
I don't know about Wahl, he can not even stay in the AHL.

How would you describe him?

He is a risk he has been held back by injures if he can get healthy he has the potential to be a 3rd line gritty center but if he continues to get hurt he will be a ECHLer.

HighLifeMan 05-20-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49934317)
I don't know about Wahl, he can not even stay in the AHL.

How would you describe him?

That's not true. He did not make the heat's opening day roster due to missing over a year of hockey due to numerous injuries.

He was subsequently loaned to Hamilton, but once he was returned he was not eligible to play in the AHL for the remainder of the year.

If he can stay healthy he will certainly be a productive AHL player at the very least(IMO).

QMJHLfollower 05-20-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 49934375)
He is a risk he has been held back by injures if he can get healthy he has the potential to be a 3rd line gritty center but if he continues to get hurt he will be a ECHLer.

Has Paul Byron played center this season?

And what about Gaelan Patterson? Can he become a solid 4th line center?

HighLifeMan 05-20-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49934661)
Has Paul Byron played center this season?

And what about Gaelan Patterson? Can he become a solid 4th line center?

Yes, Byron can play center, and did at times for the Heat this season. He is more suited to play wing at the NHL level however.

As for Patterson, I would say he is still a long shot to ever be an NHL regular.

TheHudlinator 05-20-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49934661)
Has Paul Byron played center this season?

And what about Gaelan Patterson? Can he become a solid 4th line center?

Bryon is much more effective on the wing and looks like he will be an effective third liner. Patterson I have not seen and have not read good things about at his best he is a 4th liner.

QMJHLfollower 05-20-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLifeMan (Post 49934737)
Yes, Byron can play center, and did at times for the Heat this season. He is more suited to play wing at the NHL level however.

As for Patterson, I would say he is still a long shot to ever be an NHL regular.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 49934743)
Bryon is much more effective on the wing and looks like he will be an effective third liner. Patterson I have not seen and have not read good things about at his best he is a 4th liner.

Thanks to both of you.

I don't know, I think Arnold would need to be in the deal.

TheHudlinator 05-20-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49934915)
Thanks to both of you.

I don't know, I think Arnold would need to be in the deal.

I am really high on Arnold to be honest he is a dark horse prospect for us. I wouldn't mind moving him in a package to get Kadri.

Ice Cream Man 05-20-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49931833)
Would you do it if it was Horak instead of Arnold?

Hmmm... hard to say. I'm not terribly high on Bozak, he's not much more than a decent 3rd liner to me.

I'd probably pass on this offer, but good job nonetheless.

QMJHLfollower 05-20-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 49935007)
I am really high on Arnold to be honest he is a dark horse prospect for us. I wouldn't mind moving him in a package to get Kadri.

We will keep Kadri.

QMJHLfollower 05-20-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man (Post 49935009)
Hmmm... hard to say. I'm not terribly high on Bozak, he's not much more than a decent 3rd liner to me.

I'd probably pass on this offer, but good job nonetheless.

MacArthur or Franson istead of Bozak?

Ice Cream Man 05-20-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 49935069)
MacArthur or Franson istead of Bozak?

Franson and Colborne for Backlund and Arnold?

This is something I would think long and hard about for sure.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.