HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Nash Thread II (all things Nash here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1193559)

pete goegan 05-20-2012 04:40 PM

The Nash Thread II (all things Nash here)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash for Nash (Post 49927627)
For what its worth (re: Nash) Rimmer reported on the CBJ morning show that WOTS is the Boston Bruins are really making a push to land Nash in a month. I'd assume this deal would not include Rask or Thomas so one can speculate.

Again its "Rimmer" so take it with a grain of salt but they were the only team he mentioned.

Here's Matt Wagner's take on The Cannon blog regarding possible trade with Boston:

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/5/...ss-in-beantown

Cash for Nash 05-20-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete goegan (Post 49932889)
Here's Matt Wagner's take on The Cannon blog regarding possible trade with Boston:

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/5/...ss-in-beantown

Good Stuff....Lucic, Yes please. Never thought Boston would offer him up (maybe still won't). All speculation of course.

CJB: Lucic, Kreji, Prospect (Hamilton) or First rounder.
BOS. nash

RDriesenUD 05-20-2012 05:38 PM

IMO, any trade with Boston has to include Hamilton, unless they give us some of their best young roster players (Rask, Seguin, etc....)

thrillermiller89 05-20-2012 05:56 PM

which of these packages appeals to columbus the most as a return for nash?

Boston: Krejci & Rask

San Jose: Clowe, Niemi, 1st

Nashville: C.Smith, Lindback, 2013 1st

Washington: Neuvirth, J.Ward, 1st

KeithBWhittington 05-20-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 (Post 49936123)

I would go with Boston's, as much as I don't want a 'tender back as a centerpiece for Nash, with Krejci in there too, he essentially becomes the "centerpiece". It gives us an immediate upgrade across the board at 2 positions we were weak at last season. San Jose is a very close second, I like the added 1st, Niemi will give us solid tending for a few seasons and Clowe immediately gives us more "life" on the ice, Washington and Nashville's packages would be very distant thirds.

Honestly, trading Nash to another Central Division team should be by overpayment only, as far as I'm concerned.

FutureCjJohnson 05-20-2012 06:09 PM

Boston's package would be best. Points wise Nash and Krecji are equal. Rask is ready for a starting opportunity. Take this now.:laugh:

GoJackets1 05-20-2012 06:09 PM

Didn't Nashville offer something along the lines of Wilson, Ellis, Lindback, 1st at the deadline? Its a shame Nash won't go there. That deal beats the **** out of the Rangers offer.

EspenK 05-20-2012 06:14 PM

If Boston offers Rask & Krecji I say its a Nike- Just Do It.

Cash for Nash 05-20-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EspenK (Post 49936775)
If Boston offers Rask & Krecji I say its a Nike- Just Do It.

They won't offer Rask....unless they are morons. It doesn't make sense to trade a top tender like that when TT is about to reach 40 years old.

Viqsi 05-20-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

I'd rank 'em in the order presented above. Boston's isn't ideal, but it's workable. I'd want more from San Jose, but it's not necessarily a deal-breaker. The Nashville offer is poor quality - throw in Wilson at a minimum. And that Washington offer is laughable at best and disgustingly pathetic at worst.

thrillermiller89 05-20-2012 07:00 PM

Alright, thanks for the feedback everyone...

I read on the Bruins Board that they wouldnt mind trading Rask because many feel Khudobin can become a good goalie under Thomas. I've also read that they are not high on Krejci. They call him slow and demand a better all-around game from him. So perhaps the Boston proposal isnt too far off.

Nonetheless, the point of my earlier post was to propose deals that centered around acquiring a goalie, adding a roster player, and possibly a pick too.

Again, thanks everyone.

Also, would this SJ package be more appealing? Nash for Pavelski and Niemi.... or is having Clowe and a 1st round pick plus Niemi better from your perspectives?

punk_o_holic 05-20-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

I would take Boston's offer. Fan of both players.

RDriesenUD 05-20-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

In the order you listed them.

CapnCornelius 05-20-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadman (Post 49926197)
Then why make the trade? The idea of trading Nash was to gain multiple pieces that would, in time, improve the team. Nash 1 for 1 sounds like making a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Not sure what motivation there is for either side.

I see none. Listen, the Ducks problem is at second line center and Nash doesn't help with that. Both teams would have similar problems because, quite frankly, Ryan and Nash are similar players--streaky goal scorers.

If you really wanted Bobby Ryan, a package based around Ryan Johansen plus one or more other pieces of value would be of more interest than Rick Nash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash for Nash (Post 49931331)
We should never consider 2nd tier prospects for a player of Nash's caliber. Ever....

The Jackets were offered a current roster player, not a "second tier prospect" and the team wasn't the Rangers.

Quote:

If the Bruins offer was for real, yes, it'd be the best of this sorry lot. With that said, I don't by the B's trading Rask rumors. If the Bruins are smart, they trade away Thomas and prepare for the future.

I don't have any great interest in Niemi and Clowe is a role player. We can get a better player from SJ, so I see no need to take such a low offer.

The other two are just garbage. Just because they include questionable goalies doesn't mean we'd jump at them.

CBJWennberg41 05-20-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

First one only

Double-Shift Lassť 05-20-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 (Post 49938193)
Nonetheless, the point of my earlier post was to propose deals that centered around acquiring a goalie, adding a roster player, and possibly a pick too.

Nice work but this is the problem. Goalies are such a roll of the dice - making one the focal point of a Nash trade is folly. This is why the Boston trade above is the best - because the "rest" of the deal is better.

No issue with getting a goalie in a Nash trade, but not as the centerpiece.

hip check 05-21-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 (Post 49938193)
Also, would this SJ package be more appealing? Nash for Pavelski and Niemi.... or is having Clowe and a 1st round pick plus Niemi better from your perspectives?

Pavelski and Niemi is way more appealing than Clowe, Niemi, 1st.

KeithBWhittington 05-21-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hip check (Post 49950483)
Pavelski and Niemi is way more appealing than Clowe, Niemi, 1st.

Its more appealing, It actually closes the gap with the Boston deal because that while Rask COULD provide steady tender play for a decade, Niemi WOULD provide it immediately for a few seasons. I do like what seems to be a more concerted effort to focus the "leadership group" around US-born players.

If this hypothetical deal included the 1st rounder, I'd take San Jose's offer over Bostons.

EDM 05-21-2012 07:53 AM

This has been a very interesting discussion. Much appreciated.

Nordique 05-21-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Krejci and Rask........winner, winner, chicken dinner.

You offer a #1 goalie and a top 6 skater and its a deal.

Fred Glover 05-21-2012 01:59 PM

I want a bidding war.

GoJackets1 05-21-2012 03:21 PM

Was just reading the trade board and the idea of Krejci, Thomas, 1st for Nash was brought up. The deal here (Krejci+Rask) is one I'd definitely take, but I'm wondering what the opinion is on the other offer. Does Thomas+1st=Rask? Personally, Id want a nice prospect along with that, because it is a late 1st and Thomas may only have 2 years left in him. Not necessarily Dougie Hamilton, but maybe someone like Khoklachek? Not too familiar with the Bruins' prospect pool...

Doug19 05-21-2012 03:22 PM

Boston offer great, the rest terrible. I'd rather have an unhappy Nash for 7 years than that trash.

FlaggerX 05-21-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

What if Vancover decided to dangle Luongo? Who to go with him (Besides the Sedin)?

v3rs3 05-21-2012 03:51 PM

Get Harding to sign in the offseason with us.

Nash + Prospect not named Johansen/Moore/Savard/Atkinson/Calvert

For

Krejci + Lucic + Khudobin + 1st?

Lucic + Dorsett on a line would be fun to watch.