HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   All Purpose Los Angeles NFL Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1193579)

Melrose Munch 02-04-2009 03:51 PM

Los Angeles in the NFL?
 
Quote:

The Chargers have already given us a little offseason controversy with the LaDainian Tomlinson story, and now they've drizzled some relocation rumors on top of that.
On Monday, San Diego GM A.J. Smith signed a contract that will market the Chargers throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Some people are taking this as preparation for a Charger move to LA.
From an economic standpoint, this move may be smart. Los Angeles is one of the biggest marketing economies in the country. A Chargers move would surely bring in some more publicity, and most likely some more fans. As we all know, in this economic time, everyone's financial stability is unsure, but the San Diego Chargers could insure some monetary security with a relocation to Los Angeles.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/116296-la-chargers

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...0,144992.story

City of Industry Stadium also gets OK to be built.
http://www.bizjournals.com/losangele...9/daily36.html
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...wZiPAD95R9OL80

Alvin Tostig 02-04-2009 04:36 PM

good. i know a homeless alcoholic ****** that lives in san diego and he and his ilk don't deserve a professional football team.

LA deserves a NFL team.

G F O P 02-04-2009 04:39 PM

LA already has a NFL team. They play in the Coliseum and have a fight song.

Brodeur 02-04-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Tostig (Post 17723260)
good. i know a homeless alcoholic ****** that lives in san diego and he and his ilk don't deserve a professional football team.

Sound logic if I've ever heard it.

Alvin Tostig 02-04-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 17723399)
Sound logic if I've ever heard it.

thanks broham

Blades of Glory 02-04-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Tostig (Post 17723260)
good. i know a homeless alcoholic ****** that lives in san diego and he and his ilk don't deserve a professional football team.

LA deserves a NFL team.

I know about a gangbanger in LA and he and his crew don't deserve a professional football team.

Lundqvist=Vezina 02-04-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Tostig (Post 17723260)
good. i know a homeless alcoholic ****** that lives in san diego and he and his ilk don't deserve a professional football team.

LA deserves a NFL team.

I think I know him too, what's his name again?

Alvin Tostig 02-04-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina (Post 17725350)
I think I know him too, what's his name again?

Phillip? No, thats not it. Uh, I think its Dennis.

IslesFTW 02-04-2009 07:17 PM

:laugh: :handclap:

This thread is win!

Reaper45 02-04-2009 07:29 PM

I'd rather have the Chargers than some team like the Vikings.

fob 02-04-2009 08:50 PM

As long as they aren't an NFC team.

Either way, I'll be buying season tickets.

TheGooooch 02-04-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades of Glory (Post 17723700)
I know about a gangbanger in LA and he and his crew don't deserve a professional football team.

yeah, I know him. He actually already had an NFL team, oh wait, he already had 2 NFL teams. Oh well.

Kingjordan 02-05-2009 03:20 PM

I Live in LA and want a team badly...but in the mean time its good to have SC

Fish on The Sand 02-05-2009 03:24 PM

hard to believe that LA has never had an original franchise. both of their previous franchises were teams that were leached from other markets.

Captain Mittens* 02-05-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand (Post 17741197)
hard to believe that LA has never had an original franchise. both of their previous franchises were teams that were leached from other markets.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead


I know you aren't brightest guy in the world, but for ****s sake use google or something

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...achargers.html

Quote:

The San Diego Chargers are a professional American football team based in San Diego, California. They are currently members of the Western Division of the American Football Conference (AFC) in the National Football League (NFL). Originally called the Los Angeles Chargers, the club began play in 1960 as a charter member of the American Football League. The club spent its first season in Los Angeles, California before moving to San Diego in 1961.

Melrose Munch 02-06-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 17741575)
:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead


I know you aren't brightest guy in the world, but for ****s sake use google or something

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...achargers.html

This could be excellent for Los Angeles' economy.

Captain Mittens* 02-06-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose Munch (Post 17760646)
This could be excellent for Los Angeles' economy.

The stadium is in the works

http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

kingsholygrail 02-06-2009 04:24 PM

No lawsuits from the Rosebowl Committee?


Must be a miracle.

Blades of Glory 02-06-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 17760988)
The stadium is in the works

http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

I love the "how long would you drive to go to an NFL game? 30 minutes? 60 minutes? 90 minute?"

Only in LA. :biglaugh: Getting to the stadium will involve you taking at least 6 different freeways.

kingsholygrail 02-06-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades of Glory (Post 17761759)
I love the "how long would you drive to go to an NFL game? 30 minutes? 60 minutes? 90 minute?"

Only in LA. :biglaugh: Getting to the stadium will involve you taking at least 6 different freeways.

Don't forget side streets to avoid bottlenecks.

Captain Mittens* 02-06-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades of Glory (Post 17761759)
I love the "how long would you drive to go to an NFL game? 30 minutes? 60 minutes? 90 minute?"

Only in LA. :biglaugh: Getting to the stadium will involve you taking at least 6 different freeways.

That's the beauty of it. You can wander round any problem. I do outside sales and rarely get stuck in traffic down here. I can drive around most of it

Herby 02-10-2009 02:18 AM

This would suck.

Going to games in SD is so much more enjoyable.

LA already lost two franchises because all anyone up there cares about is the stupid Lakers.

LA is just not a football town.

Melrose Munch 02-10-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herby (Post 17832089)
This would suck.

Going to games in SD is so much more enjoyable.

LA already lost two franchises because all anyone up there cares about is the stupid Lakers.

LA is just not a football town.

It is a football town. It's just not a millionaire "gimme your money to build a stadium that will last only 20 years." town.

USC Trojans 02-17-2009 04:56 AM

There's nothing in City of Industry except strip clubs, massage parlours, and car dealerships.

BigMac1212 02-18-2009 07:58 PM

How about sending da raiders back to LA? (Sorry, Oakland fans.)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.