HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What would it take to get Parise? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1194045)

crystal ball 05-21-2012 07:39 PM

What would it take to get Parise?
 
Watching Parise tonight, and he's just such a good player. Of course, a long playoff run with Jersey could make him rethink the idea of looking for a new team this summer. If he does move on, though, what do you think it would take the Habs to get him to come to Montreal?

The Habs don't have a stud centreman for him to play with, so that's a strike against. Plus, there's the spotlight he'd be under right away, which doesn't seem to be the kind of attention he goes looking for. And there's the uncertainty about who'll be coaching and what kind of philosophy comes with that.

On the other hand, if Bergevin can dump Gomez to the minors, there's money available. Also, the guy would be guaranteed the best possible linemates and tons of icetime. There's also the excitement of playing in front of a packed house every night, which even guys who don't like the limelight off the ice surely enjoy while they're playing.

What do you think?

UniverStalinGraduate* 05-21-2012 07:40 PM

I think if the Habs were to move to South California or Minnesota or Chicago they might have a pretty good shot.

Blind Gardien 05-21-2012 07:54 PM

Hmm, well Minnesota and Chicago are already kinda occupied. Can we have a big press conference June 30th saying we're moving to San Diego? Sign Parise for $100M/10yrs on July 1st. Then announce that the move to San Diego "fell through"?

UniverStalinGraduate* 05-21-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 49976355)
Hmm, well Minnesota and Chicago are already kinda occupied. Can we have a big press conference June 30th saying we're moving to San Diego? Sign Parise for $100M/10yrs on July 1st. Then announce that the move to San Diego "fell through"?

Now we're talking.

What about Houston?

Does Parise like cowboys?

But then they'd have to break the disappointing news to Price, who I'm sure would have his finest cowboy attire on for the occasion.

Takashi 05-21-2012 08:01 PM

Gionta could help :yo:

Habs 4 Life 05-21-2012 08:05 PM

We're not getting Parise or Suter

I do think the Habs will be very active however I have a feeling most moves will be done via trade

theboss 05-21-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakiHaque (Post 49976757)
Gionta could help :yo:

Gomez to lol

le_sean 05-21-2012 08:08 PM

I'd rather work through the draft and go with young players than handcuff the team with such a large contract. He's a real good player, but he wouldn't make this team a contender on his own, there are a lot more issues.

coolasprICE 05-21-2012 08:19 PM

Forget about protesting ... completly overdone lately

McSorleyStick 05-21-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 49977137)
I'd rather work through the draft and go with young players than handcuff the team with such a large contract. He's a real good player, but he wouldn't make this team a contender on his own, there are a lot more issues.

This

Dekar 05-21-2012 08:26 PM

I'd love to get him just to try and make my Captain America moniker stick. haha

googlymoogly 05-21-2012 08:33 PM

http://cdn6.fotosearch.com/bthumb/FS.../x11662476.jpg


This and a box of

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/thumbnai...axx=300&maxy=0


Parise would be nice but we very rarely land guys like him. I was shocked we got Cole last year. Parise will be harder to land.

The Doors 05-21-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasprICE (Post 49977871)
Forget about protesting ... completly overdone lately

:laugh: how about every student in Montreal will pay $1000 over 5 years to Marc Bergevin if he signs Zach parise :yo: we can call it the Parise Increase

MasterDecoy 05-21-2012 08:52 PM

what would it take?

a bucket of prayers

Monctonscout 05-21-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystal ball (Post 49975207)
Watching Parise tonight, and he's just such a good player. Of course, a long playoff run with Jersey could make him rethink the idea of looking for a new team this summer. If he does move on, though, what do you think it would take the Habs to get him to come to Montreal?

The Habs don't have a stud centreman for him to play with, so that's a strike against. Plus, there's the spotlight he'd be under right away, which doesn't seem to be the kind of attention he goes looking for. And there's the uncertainty about who'll be coaching and what kind of philosophy comes with that.

On the other hand, if Bergevin can dump Gomez to the minors, there's money available. Also, the guy would be guaranteed the best possible linemates and tons of icetime. There's also the excitement of playing in front of a packed house every night, which even guys who don't like the limelight off the ice surely enjoy while they're playing.

What do you think?

There will probably be 4-5 favorites so my guess is 5-6 year deal with 10 mil/year front loaded. 5 year 40-43 mil 6 year 48-51 mil.

Habsterix* 05-21-2012 09:00 PM

For what it's worth, if I had money to bet on it, I'd say that Parise signs a long term deal with the Devils this summer, before July 1st.

Monctonscout 05-21-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsterix (Post 49980289)
For what it's worth, if I had money to bet on it, I'd say that Parise signs a long term deal with the Devils this summer, before July 1st.

Where will this money come from? They already have a big payroll and the team is bankrupt. Parise's salary is already destined for Kovalchuk's huge raise.

FlyingKostitsyn 05-21-2012 10:21 PM

Well Parise's father is french canadian.

In other words : forget about it :sarcasm:


(seriously tho it really depends what Parise wants, what he thinks of the Habs and what other teams give him offers. I'm not very optimistic but perhaps Bergevin is awesome at luring free agent, we don't know yet ;) I'm more confident than if Gauthier were in charge thats for sure)

Picaroon 05-21-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystal ball (Post 49975207)
Watching Parise tonight, and he's just such a good player. Of course, a long playoff run with Jersey could make him rethink the idea of looking for a new team this summer. If he does move on, though, what do you think it would take the Habs to get him to come to Montreal?

The Habs don't have a stud centreman for him to play with, so that's a strike against. Plus, there's the spotlight he'd be under right away, which doesn't seem to be the kind of attention he goes looking for. And there's the uncertainty about who'll be coaching and what kind of philosophy comes with that.

On the other hand, if Bergevin can dump Gomez to the minors, there's money available. Also, the guy would be guaranteed the best possible linemates and tons of icetime. There's also the excitement of playing in front of a packed house every night, which even guys who don't like the limelight off the ice surely enjoy while they're playing.

What do you think?

Dad's Dodge...

Galchenyuk27 05-22-2012 12:10 AM

The only thing that would likely get him here is a much better team to surround him with and we are quite a ways away from that.

muzion 05-22-2012 12:22 AM

He's not as explosive as he used to be, and who knows if he'll ever get that back.

I would not want to pay him +7mil for around 7 years cause that's what he'll get if he tests the FA market.

tinyzombies 05-22-2012 12:52 AM

A time machine and a couple nickels and dimes to outbid Lamoriello. Or, the ability to not be duped by mock Euro aggression.

He said earlier this year that Detroit would be a great place to play and his dad just said he'd fit in great with the Rangers. Rumor is he wants to stay in Jersey. But after Jersey left him out in the cold last year... I dunno.

tinyzombies 05-22-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 49980573)
Where will this money come from? They already have a big payroll and the team is bankrupt. Parise's salary is already destined for Kovalchuk's huge raise.

Play hardball with Gomez and get him out of here. We already dumped that fool AK's salary. Kaberle needs to go as well.

HockeyF3ind 05-22-2012 03:58 AM

Brodeur retires, either because they win the cup or come close enough he feels he had his last hurrah. Then we throw stupid money at him. Something in the vicinity of 8 Mil per year for 5+ years. Front load it so he gets 10 million the first two years, then 8, then 6 million the next two. That might do it.

compile 05-22-2012 05:48 AM

Any money Parise re-signs with NJ no matter what, probably a long long term deal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.