HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I get really depressed after games like this, anyone else the same way? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1194207)

NHL94com* 05-22-2012 12:35 AM

I get really depressed after games like this, anyone else the same way?

I am going to be really depressed until game 5 Wednesday. I wish they could have won tonight so I could just relax, and enjoy a series for once. But of course the Rangers couldn't do that.

I'm scared we're gonna let this opportunity slip away. I'm a Mets fan, and it seemed like it was destiny we were gonna win the 2006 World Series. Especially after that Endy Chavez catch! But then...we just folded.

I don't want to go through that again with this years Rangers. After 2006, I realized there is no such thing as "team of destiny". You have to earn whatever you get. The 2006 Mets made me realize that the 1994 Rangers were not a "magical team of destiny" and made me understand they could have EASILY LOST GAME 7 AGAINST VANCOUVER. But they showed up, and seized the moment.

I really hope this Rangers team can do the same. I'm very depressed right now. You think we'll win game 5? I need reassurance.

Block More Shots 05-22-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL94com (Post 49990213)
I am going to be really depressed until game 5 Wednesday. I wish they could have won tonight so I could just relax, and enjoy a series for once. But of course the Rangers couldn't do that.

I'm scared we're gonna let this opportunity slip away. I'm a Mets fan, and it seemed like it was destiny we were gonna win the 2006 World Series. Especially after that Endy Chavez catch! But then...we just folded.

I don't want to go through that again with this years Rangers. After 2006, I realized there is no such thing as "team of destiny". You have to earn whatever you get. The 2006 Mets made me realize that the 1994 Rangers were not a "magical team of destiny" and made me understand they could have EASILY LOST GAME 7 AGAINST VANCOUVER. But they showed up, and seized the moment.

I really hope this Rangers team can do the same. I'm very depressed right now. You think we'll win game 5? I need reassurance.

Gotta have faith in this team. Best-of-3 series now with 2 games at the Garden. We will come to play Game 5.

We will not drop 3 in a row to the Devils (counting tonight's loss) and lose the series that way. If anything, this will come down to a Game 7. Devils are playing well, but the Rangers have home ice and will make the necessary adjustments.

Machinehead 05-22-2012 01:04 AM

Well it comes down to this: if we bring our best hockey in the next 3 we're going to the finals, but I'm questioning whether we will bring it at this point.

McNashty 05-22-2012 01:08 AM

Always. It's actually unhealthy how depressed I get.

Jarkko Immonen 05-22-2012 01:11 AM

In the past few years, maybe. This year I have too much confidence in the team's ability to bounce back. Keep the faith. :)

corduroyg 05-22-2012 01:12 AM

huge met fan too, game 7 in 2006 still haunts me. felt the same way, it was a crusher but felt like the mets would be back the following year. didnt happen. theres no guarantee we'll get this far next year, or in 2 years, or in 5 years. hell this is the first time we're in the conference finals since 1997. gotta take advantage of this opportunity cuz they dont come around often. 6 wins from a cup, so close yet so far. gotta win game 5.

Bob Richards 05-22-2012 01:16 AM

The best part about this (and I know I'll sound crazy) is the emotional roller coaster.

The agony of some of these defeats only help the glory of our victories. Wins feel that much better.

MDL8981 05-22-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Averys SEC 405 (Post 49990835)
Always. It's actually unhealthy how depressed I get.

I hear ya. Its amazing how something I have zero control over affects me so much. I get told all the time by different people that I'm crazy when I comes to sports because I watch it, read about it so much and also let it affect my mood so much.

I admit that part of me is jealous at casual/non fans who can watch a game and be okay afterwards no matter who wins. I mean after the game tonight, I wanted to do nothing but sulk in my room and vent on message boards and via text messages...its like my life stops for awhile.

Captain Monglobster 05-22-2012 02:26 AM

Its just a game man.

MrEctions 05-22-2012 03:02 AM

I used to when I was younger. Nowadays, Im still a die hard fan, but I dont let the losses affect my mood. I have a 6 month old little girl, a beautiful wife, and plenty of things besides hockey to worry about. Its not worth it, it truly is just a game. If they win, then yes Im feeling pretty good, but when they lose I turn my attention to those other things, and Im still in a great mood :).

Callagraves 05-22-2012 04:21 AM

Get off the boards. Best thing for you right now.

Cynical TyranT 05-22-2012 04:36 AM

Get drunk and hook up with a big girl... slumpbuster of sorts.

KenGuru 05-22-2012 04:58 AM

Maybe the Rangers play 7 games in purpose because of the extra income. They always seem to be in control

Ail 05-22-2012 05:19 AM

I value my free time, so really I just get mad when they fail to show up and cause me to waste hours of it watching them flounder like a bunch of heartless wussies.

That's about it.

Primetime Powerplay 05-22-2012 05:23 AM

Not depressed, just disappointed

NikC 05-22-2012 05:40 AM

i get depressed when the OP steals my avatar picture...

really dude? can't find your own images and have to screen grab mine?

DumpnChase12 05-22-2012 05:44 AM

It wouldn't be so bad if the Rangers actually showed up for 60 minutes and just got outplayed by the Devils and lost. But a lost like that just gives me agita (heartburn for you non-Italians).
WAKE UP Rangers !!!

Silence Of The Plams 05-22-2012 05:57 AM

They forced me to wear a soccer jersey today

RangerBoy 05-22-2012 06:00 AM

The Rangers won game 3 and recaptured home ice. Just win game 5. See you Sunday for game 7.

Crease 05-22-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailurophile (Post 49992477)
I value my free time, so really I just get mad when they fail to show up and cause me to waste hours of it watching them flounder like a bunch of heartless wussies.

That's about it.

Agreed. I don't have much free time so it's more frustrating than upsetting.

This thread is offensive to people who've actually suffered from depression. In the end it's just a game.

Bob Richards 05-22-2012 06:20 AM

Could be worse.

We could be The Red Wings, Blackhawks, Predators, Canucks, Blues, Sharks, Bruins, Panthers, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, or Senators.

evilllempire* 05-22-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 49992855)
Could be worse.

We could be The Red Wings, Blackhawks, Predators, Canucks, Blues, Sharks, Bruins, Panthers, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, or Senators.

guess so........:rant:

But still.....

I'd actually be Okay if they put in a good effort and played decently well and came up short

But they seem to not show up time and time again

Maybe they ARE SPENT and GASSED from the long season

Who really knows

It definitely doesn't look the the team we saw in the middle of the year though...:shakehead

MadHookUp 05-22-2012 06:58 AM

Couldn't agree more. Every time the Rangers lose, I get really depressed. I had about 15 friends coming over my house 1 night the Rangers lost an afternoon game, and I just moped on the couch all night and went to bed early as they played beer pong in my garage.

DontStaal 05-22-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 49992855)
Could be worse.

Ha, this is true.

I think I'd be more upset if we actually put up an effort an lost.

We all know nobody other than Kreider has been stepping it up on offense. Lundqvist has stolen 2 games from what looks like a very strong and full of heart team. You got to give it to the devils when guys like Salvador are stepping up and when well they are just dictating play.

If this team plays at the level we played all season we will win this series.

We could really use Dubi's fresh legs and hell even zucs on offense. And would someone please step it up on offense. Half the team has been nonexistent.

klingsor 05-22-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster (Post 49991669)
Its just a game man.

Agreed, unfortunately some of the Rangers felt the same way last night.