HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mike Rupp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1194373)

Punxrocknyc19* 05-22-2012 12:15 PM

Mike Rupp
 
Mike Rupp hasn't been that good as a Ranger...he has either been hurt,looked very useless on the ice and very slow.....why couldn't a cheaper Deveaux do the same as Rupp, its not like Rupp is doing anything noticeable....well he did push Marty...I always liked Rupp as I player but maybe injuries caught up to him...any other opinions??

Thirty One 05-22-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 49998813)
Mike Rupp hasn't been that good as a Ranger...he has either been hurt,looked very useless on the ice and very slow.....why couldn't a cheaper Deveaux do the same as Rupp, its not like Rupp is doing anything noticeable....well he did push Marty...I always liked Rupp as I player but maybe injuries caught up to him...any other opinions??

Last year I thought the Rangers were a good hockey team. I think didn't really know how to win, however. This is supported by the fact that they turned a +35 goal differential into only 93 points. They were a bunch of kids that really didn't have the veteran direction they needed.

I don't think its any coincidence that in the first 24 hours of free agency, the Rangers signed Richards, Fedotenko and Rupp -- three guys that have won and know what what it takes to do so at this level. This year their goal differential increased four goals and they got another 16 points out of it. They had a better grasp on the skill of winning.

Rupp's on-ice performance has been mediocre for sure, but taking him out for Deveaux would be incredibly short-sighted.

Bleed Ranger Blue 05-22-2012 12:36 PM

With all the issues up front with this team, it never ceases to amaze me when a thread like this pops up.

I thought Rupp was one of the better forwards last night until his temper tantrum

Inferno 05-22-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 49999423)
With all the issues up front with this team, it never ceases to amaze me when a thread like this pops up.

I thought Rupp was one of the better forwards last night until his temper tantrum

yeah i agree.

which is really part of the problem wouldnt you say?

When Rupp is one of your 2 best forwards youre in SERIOUS trouble.

ColonialsHockey10 05-22-2012 12:42 PM

Can someone explain to me what the hell the original penalty was on him? Because that hit behind the net sure as **** wasn't a penalty.

Krampus 05-22-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 (Post 49999605)
Can someone explain to me what the hell the original penalty was on him? Because that hit behind the net sure as **** wasn't a penalty.

Brodeur complained to the refs = penalty

evilllempire* 05-22-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipolar (Post 49999665)
Brodeur complained to the refs = penalty

migh as well be.....Rupps hit was clean as a whistle

Kreider Typical 05-22-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 (Post 49999605)
Can someone explain to me what the hell the original penalty was on him? Because that hit behind the net sure as **** wasn't a penalty.

he got called for two roughings. so the first one they deemed that he got the hands up seemingly. i mean he had his hands high, but it's because the other guy ducked into them last second.

Trident61494 05-22-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipolar (Post 49999665)
Brodeur complained to the refs = penalty

Don't think so. After the initial hit I believe it was O'Rourke signaled him to the locker room BEFORE he pushed Marty.

As much I would love to believe that Fatso has leverage over the refs...I believe that the refs themselves are just biased towards ridiculous calls.

HeaveHo94 05-22-2012 01:23 PM

please sit him 4 Dubi.

NYR Sting 05-22-2012 01:26 PM

Mike Rupp is hardly the problem here. In fact, Rupp should be getting more time and seeing different line combos. He's practically the only player on the team that can carry the puck, absorb pubishment, and keep going.

I hope to never see Andre Deveaux don a Ranger sweater again, and would be genuinely shocked if he ever carves out a career as an NHL regular. He's a scrub, and fancies himself a much better player than he actually is. Tries to do way too much with the puck.

NYRFAN218 05-22-2012 01:28 PM

What's weird is it seems like after every playoff game, I find myself saying Rupp had a pretty solid game yet he hasn't recorded a point yet. I think he's played fine but he's gotta get on the score sheet once in a while.

NyRangers88 05-22-2012 01:34 PM

I'm not defending Rupp or his play, but I just wanted to mention that he did score 2 big goals in the Winter Classic -- a moment most Rangers will always remember.

Dahill 05-22-2012 01:34 PM

I mean, we're talking about a checking line player. Those types aren't exactly supposed to be goal scorers, flying around the ice creating space and offensive chances. He fills his role. We should spend less time wondering why Rupp isn't going above and beyond his role and more time wondering why Richie, Gabby, and such aren't performing within their own given roles.

EEDAWGZ 05-22-2012 01:38 PM

F that, Rupper played a good game , an I'm happy he went after them , been waitin for this from Rupp since the Ott series

n8 05-22-2012 01:40 PM

pretty sure Rupp left his feet. it might not have been by much but it was enough for the ref to use it as cause but since the boxscore says they called him for charging, I find myself confused.

Kreider Typical 05-22-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident61494 (Post 50000901)
Don't think so. After the initial hit I believe it was O'Rourke signaled him to the locker room BEFORE he pushed Marty.

As much I would love to believe that Fatso has leverage over the refs...I believe that the refs themselves are just biased towards ridiculous calls.

I wouldn't be surprised... but a misconduct for a 2 minute roughing call on a check would not make any sense.

Machinehead 05-22-2012 01:43 PM

I thought his tantrum was the best part of what was a good game for him. For God sakes at least someone showed a little emotion :shakehead

RangerFan10 05-22-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilllempire (Post 49999843)
migh as well be.....Rupps hit was clean as a whistle

he left his feet...and considering what was transpiring prior to the puck dropthere, it was clear the first questionable hit was going to be called.

RangerFan10 05-22-2012 01:47 PM

Rupp was one of the better Rangers out there tonight. I could understand this thread a little bit during one of the games where he did nothing but c'mon.

RGY 05-22-2012 01:53 PM

Brodeur is a ***** and took a nice flop. Not like Rupp pushed him hard at all. He's a baby even at 40 years of age

varanger94 05-22-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Sting (Post 50001007)
Mike Rupp is hardly the problem here. In fact, Rupp should be getting more time and seeing different line combos. He's practically the only player on the team that can carry the puck, absorb pubishment, and keep going.

I hope to never see Andre Deveaux don a Ranger sweater again, and would be genuinely shocked if he ever carves out a career as an NHL regular. He's a scrub, and fancies himself a much better player than he actually is. Tries to do way too much with the puck.

I'd love to see what Rupp could do with more ice time. The Penguins
Gave him more ice time than the Rangers. He scored 13 goals on the fourth line for the Pitts. Grit becomes more important in the Playoffs than finesse.

varanger94 05-22-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGY (Post 50001909)
Brodeur is a ***** and took a nice flop. Not like Rupp pushed him hard at all. He's a baby even at 40 years of age

I wanted to puke, when he said he found out he could take a punch. I'd like to see a compilation video of all his flops during his career. The trouble is it would exceed the time limits for Youtube

vbman09 05-22-2012 02:19 PM

Rupp was fine, that hit wasn't a penalty the refs wanted to control the game and send a message. the love tap to Martina drew the extra 2 min, But the smack down on Bernie was priceless, He leaped and Rupp slapped him to the Ice like a nat.:handclap::handclap:

JHaggis 05-22-2012 02:20 PM

Rupp's hit to marty was best in whole game :biglaugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.