HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Anyone do logo designing? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1195263)

Kritty 05-23-2012 07:32 PM

Anyone do logo designing?

I am looking for a new logo for my men's league team. I have an idea in mind from another logo for a different team and need it to be modified but have no idea how to do it. Just curious if anyone knows how to and might be able to help me out.

TickleMeYandle 05-23-2012 07:37 PM

I might be able to help. Logo design isn't my specialty but I've done some in the past for the businesses I've built websites for.

beth 05-23-2012 11:12 PM

Inkscape is a free vector graphics program that I've used for that sort of thing. There are tutorials out there to help you learn it. :)

CptKirk 05-24-2012 12:43 AM

Submit this to icethetics. They have a bunch of designers around there, and I bet a lot of them would compete to design something that will actually be produced.

Of course, you'll have to accept a bit more creative license than just a quick codification of an existing logo- but if the guy who runs the site goes along with it, you'll have a near pro quality original logo.

TUCKER 06 05-24-2012 07:54 AM

I designed my brother's Ball Hockey team logo

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/pi...ictureid=10783

were you looking to spend money or was this a charity thing?

jsykes 05-24-2012 03:55 PM

Are you going to be getting jerseys made for your team with the new logo?

If so, most if not all the jersey companies have artists on hand that will help you with the logo, usually for only a very small fee if at all since they're making money off the jersey sale, not the logo creation.

When I order jerseys for teams, I can usually ask them to modify things and if its not a ton of time and work, they usually do it for free with a team jersey order.

J Murda 05-26-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsykes (Post 50105421)
Are you going to be getting jerseys made for your team with the new logo?

If so, most if not all the jersey companies have artists on hand that will help you with the logo, usually for only a very small fee if at all since they're making money off the jersey sale, not the logo creation.

When I order jerseys for teams, I can usually ask them to modify things and if its not a ton of time and work, they usually do it for free with a team jersey order.

I am starting a new men's team next season and currently looking at getting jerseys done. A lot of the places I have been looking seem pretty similar so I was wondering if there is a place you would recommend to go to? Also, could you please let me in on about how much it cost to outfit a team for you?

nullterm 05-26-2012 04:46 PM

rinkgear.com, I'm thinking about getting them to do a new logo design for my company. Some of their designs are pretty awesome.

jsykes 05-29-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Murda (Post 50188461)
I am starting a new men's team next season and currently looking at getting jerseys done. A lot of the places I have been looking seem pretty similar so I was wondering if there is a place you would recommend to go to? Also, could you please let me in on about how much it cost to outfit a team for you?

There are a lot of places that do jerseys, many use the same few companies for the raw jersey then do the printing or logos themselves, some let the jersey companies do it all.

A couple of the bigger companies are Athletic Knit and K1 Sportswear, both are available to many LHS in N. America.

I'm an LHS, so dont do any printing, so I have the companies do all the work so they show up on my doorstep ready to go.

You're probably looking anywhere from $50-$80 a jersey depending on how intricate your logo is, how intricate your jersey design is, options on the jersey such as nameplates, double elbows or shoulders, mesh under arms, do you want sewn twill numbers and patches or screened, or sublimated, etc, etc, etc.

There are a lot of options so just find a good LHS that can over them all with you and go for it.