HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edm - Ott (minor) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1195431)

Qward 05-24-2012 12:31 AM

Edm - Ott (minor)

To Ottawa:
Rights to Linus Omark

To Edmonton:
Bobby Butler (1 year left at 1.050 million)

I think both of these guys could use a change of scenery.
Omark seems to have fallen out of favor with the Oilers organization.
Butler is searching for a spot with the Senators.

Edmonton could try out Butler and see if he works for them.
maybe;
Hall-NH-Ebs
Butler-Gagner-Hemsky?

I understand they are likely to draft Yakopov and it wouldnt matter, but you could always use him a a healthy scratch and fill in when someone gets hurt. Groin injury slowed him down this year. Plus was coming off long season in the AHL winning Calder cup and also took title of MVP AHL all star.

Butlers numbers.
AHL
gp g a pts
47 22 11 33
NHL
94 16 21 37

Omark has stated he isnt happy. I understand that Ottawa has a lot of prospects coming in (Silfverberg, Stone, Zibanejad.) I personally would prefer Stone and Zibanejad start in the AHL and develope a little more down there. Omark is a little furhter ahead.
We did just resign Regin and Foligno is being pushed to be a top sixer but I would like to try,

Silfverberg/Spezza/Michalek
Omark/Turris/Alfy(if he stays)
Foligno/Smith/Neil
Greening/Regin/Condra

I know there are just as many reasons to not do it (maybe more) than there are to do it, but what are everyones thoughts?

A91 05-24-2012 12:44 AM

Sure, Omark tweeted himself out of a spot on the oilers roster. Good player, if he can keep his mouth shut. I had high hopes for him coming into the year.

Leave Spezza Alone 05-24-2012 01:37 AM

No. Omark should go back to Sweden. I'd do Butler for Martindale, though.

WeridAl 05-24-2012 01:39 AM

Tempting, but the Oilers need to clear out some space for their own prospects and Bobby Butler is not what the Oilers need right now. You can have Omark for a 4th.

Martindale is still a work in progress, would pass on that trade as well

MessierII 05-24-2012 01:41 AM

Sure I'd give Butler a shot

OmniSens 05-24-2012 01:54 AM

Done deal from Ottawa

Homesick 05-24-2012 03:30 AM

I doubt the Oilers would value Butler over Paajarvi or Hartikainen for the 2nd LW spot

gonzo11 05-24-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hall04 (Post 50084503)
Sure, Omark tweeted himself out of a spot on the oilers roster. Good player, if he can keep his mouth shut. I had high hopes for him coming into the year.

if the oilers got a lump of kak I would trade him for the kak in a heart beat

Moller 05-24-2012 04:34 AM

I'd rather keep Butler in Ottawa. The guy has some legit skill but fans of this team constantly talk about him like he's of no use. He played well at the end of the year and I don't understand why the hate exists. Butler provides some depth which this team needs.

JackBauer 05-24-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moller (Post 50087097)
I'd rather keep Butler in Ottawa. The guy has some legit skill but fans of this team constantly talk about him like he's of no use. He played well at the end of the year and I don't understand why the hate exists. Butler provides some depth which this team needs.

seconded. fans use him as a scapegoat but its unjustified. still think he's shown 20 goal NHL potential if he gets the chance to play a full season. can't say that about Omark

broc 05-24-2012 06:45 AM

Butler > Omark

internetdotcom 05-24-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broc (Post 50087979)
Butler > Omark

This.

Omark belongs in Sweden. Butler, given the right linemates, could be a 20+ goal scorer. And unlike Omark, Butler has actually shown he has the ability to score in the NHL. Sens say no to the OP.

Highbrow 05-24-2012 10:44 AM

I'd do it.