HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers may not be in this position again for many, many years (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1195455)

NHL94com* 05-24-2012 05:27 AM

Rangers may not be in this position again for many, many years

Thats the tough part about this. When the Mets lost in 2006, I knew it would be many, many years before they'd get that far again (and of course I was right). And I have the same feeling right now with this Rangers team.

I'd also equate it with meeting a special woman, and losing her. You think "the next one is right around the corner" and then years AND YEARS go by and you just can't meet anyone like that again.

Richards is no spring chicken and there are some older guys on this team. Lundqvist is getting older, too. This may be his last shot at the cup.

I can't believe it. I was so sure the Rangers were heading to the finals. But then again I was also so sure the Mets in 2006 were headed to the World Series. The similar feelings right now are staggering. It feels like 2006 (Mets) all over again. Losing out on a trip to the finals (World Series) to a bitter rival, only to watch helplessly as they win (yet another) title.

I just feel like shooting myself right now. I suffer from depression (real depression) and this is just making it 10 times worse.

Harikkerk 05-24-2012 05:41 AM

Calm down mate, hold your gun!

It's not over yet. :)

Ryan McDonut 05-24-2012 05:45 AM

wait, i thought it was a best of 7 series?

darko 05-24-2012 06:17 AM

Even if we get eliminated this team will still be good for a while. Tons of good young players and the only thing that can derail us is if we lose key players due to salary cap.

Your threads are becoming such a drag lately. Chill man.

pld459666 05-24-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL94com (Post 50087057)
Thats the tough part about this. When the Mets lost in 2006, I knew it would be many, many years before they'd get that far again (and of course I was right). And I have the same feeling right now with this Rangers team.

I'd also equate it with meeting a special woman, and losing her. You think "the next one is right around the corner" and then years AND YEARS go by and you just can't meet anyone like that again.

Richards is no spring chicken and there are some older guys on this team. Lundqvist is getting older, too. This may be his last shot at the cup.

I can't believe it. I was so sure the Rangers were heading to the finals. But then again I was also so sure the Mets in 2006 were headed to the World Series. The similar feelings right now are staggering. It feels like 2006 (Mets) all over again. Losing out on a trip to the finals (World Series) to a bitter rival, only to watch helplessly as they win (yet another) title.

I just feel like shooting myself rig
ht now. I suffer from depression (real depression) and this is just making it 10 times worse.

This is one of the youngest teams in the league. Your concerns are unfounded. They ate not even as good today as they are going to be in the next 2-3 years.

Blueshirt Believer 05-24-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 50087397)
This is one of the youngest teams in the league. Your concerns are unfounded. They ate not even as good today as they are going to be in the next 2-3 years.

Yeah, I agree. For a lot of these kids this is their first run at the playoffs.

We have holes that need to be addressed in the offseason. But we will be a MUCH stronger team in the coming years. Especially since we have gone deep in the playoffs and the Ranger brain trust can effectively address what needs improvement.

I mean geesh guys, in one year we went from a 8th seeded bubble team getting bounced in the first round to a 1st place team playing the ECF.

Is that not massive improvement?

nyrtrublue 05-24-2012 06:54 AM

look at our d we have now and coming down the pipeline, krieder hagelin, stepan, cally, ani, dubi(yes dubi, he had an off year cut him some slack everyone) and the prospects we have well be fine. I think this playoffs is proving that richards has a solid amount of gas in the tank and take a look at the opposing goaltender from last night hes got hank by 10 years!!! Barring some freakish injury hank still has time on his side

RangerBoy 05-24-2012 07:00 AM

Can someone get some help for this guy?Please.

darko 05-24-2012 07:02 AM

IMO we are 2 years ahead of the curve right now.

I expected us to make playoffs this season and not do much. Playoffs next season while advancing a round or 2. 2 years from now being where we are now (ECF).

Again that's just my opinion.

Crease 05-24-2012 07:09 AM

You expect this Rangers team to be cursed with injuries for the next few years? This team and the 2006 Mets are absolutely nothing alike. The only constant is your pesimissm.

Rangers4Life74 05-24-2012 07:17 AM

considering we werent even supposed to make it this far,what more do you want?ths isnt their last chance by any means.Sather will hopefully go out and steal us another sniper and we will be right back next year armed and even more dangerous.

besides,this season is not over yet.no reason at all we cant win game 6 and bring it home for 7.some of you guys need to step down off the ledge

bubba5 05-24-2012 07:35 AM

Do we still have a game on Friday?

Megustaelhockey 05-24-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba5 (Post 50087875)
Do we still have a game on Friday?

It's a Rangers countdown in 60 marathon, actually... :laugh::sarcasm:

Tony D63 05-24-2012 07:43 AM

No. We are going to be better..... Were the youngest team in the nhl... Experience like this is great. Where going to be better next year, in excited for the future. But right now were in the ecf for me to think that atm

WeWillWinTonight 05-24-2012 07:49 AM

After we won wasn't there a thread titled "the rangers are only going to get better" lol

Megustaelhockey 05-24-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight (Post 50088015)
After we won wasn't there a thread titled "the rangers are only going to get better" lol

You could take this thread to mean that there won't be an opportunity again for a while where BOS, PIT, VAN, CHI, etc. teams that give the Rangers a lot of trouble bow out unusually early.

donpaulo 05-24-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL94com (Post 50087057)

I just feel like shooting myself right now. I suffer from depression (real depression) and this is just making it 10 times worse.

this makes zero sense

the 2006 mets were built around Glavine, Pedro Martinez and Billy Wagner all 35 and older. Delgado and Floyd were also older players.

The 2012 NYR are not built around this kind of core. The 1994 team was.

If you want to be depressed go ahead and do so, but base it on reality.

donpaulo 05-24-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight (Post 50088015)

yes absolutely, I started that thread and its even more true today than it was when I first posted it

NY will be better next season

The blueline especially !:yo:

Kreider Typical 05-24-2012 08:10 AM

they might not be in this position again for a few years because they'll sweep the first 3 rounds. for the next four years.

once again i'm left saddened... WHY CHERE!!!! WHY!!!

DekeR 05-24-2012 08:21 AM

Considering what was expected from this team at the beginning of the season and what has actually transpired-IT"S ALL GOOD.
Sure we are an incomplete team, sure there will be personnel changes and sure there will be players brought up from the system to improve this team.
But to suggest that this team won't make it to the top is overboard. Regardless of the outcome of this season, this young team is on a learning curve to do some good things in the near future and not just for one season.

Graves94 05-24-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey (Post 50088111)
You could take this thread to mean that there won't be an opportunity again for a while where BOS, PIT, VAN, CHI, etc. teams that give the Rangers a lot of trouble bow out unusually early.

Exactly! Rangers will be better next year and for years to come, but so will the teams mentioned above.

adam graves 05-24-2012 08:32 AM

Geez, it's a 7 game series, and last night our best player was lousy for the first time. The rest of the team was awesome, outplayed the devils for most of the game.

I'm optimistic about Friday.

like I was 18 yrs ago.

WeWillWinTonight 05-24-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donpaulo (Post 50088133)
yes absolutely, I started that thread and its even more true today than it was when I first posted it

NY will be better next season

The blueline especially !:yo:

I agree with you but my point is when we win it's all rainbows and sunshine but when we lose it's the worlds end on these forums.

The rangers will be in this position for many years, they are not going to be a bottom team now because they went to ECF and lost (not even done yet).

Kreider Typical 05-24-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey (Post 50088111)

we dominated boston this season (didn't we sweep series or come close?). pits is the only one of those teams that worried me tbh.

AndThereGoesGrabner 05-24-2012 09:07 AM

Pitt, Boston, Philly, & Ottawa are also young teams with better high end talent!