HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Draft Pick: Habs know who they are going with (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1195931)

LaurentHabs 05-24-2012 09:57 PM

Draft Pick: Habs know who they are going with
 
http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...24-223843.html
(~5:20 Mark)

Sorry if this isn't topic-worthy.

Does this mean that they strongly believe he will be available at #3?

pine 05-24-2012 09:59 PM

How, what? We have the 3rd pick, not the 1st.

Unless if they know that they really are going off the board...

LaurentHabs 05-24-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pine (Post 50116781)
How, what? We have the 3rd pick, not the 1st.

Unless if they know that they really are going off the board...

Thats what I'm wondering.. Does that mean they are persuated that he will be available at #3.. Or Just that they have made their final list and know who they will pick at the 3 spot depending on who is already gone

Edgeworth* 05-24-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurentHabs (Post 50116819)
Thats what I'm wondering.. Does that mean they are persuated that he will be available at #3.. Or Just that they have made their final list and know who they will pick at the 3 spot depending on who is already gone

They're probably counting on Yakupov and Murray/Grink being gone.

It's probably Galchenyuk.

Schooner Guy 05-24-2012 10:04 PM

Interesting. If Galchenyuk is in the mix, wouldn't the Habs want to see medical reports on his knee at Combine as well as how his knee responds to the various exercises? Also, teams conduct interviews at the Combine. Wouldn't they want to interview these kids before saying they know who they're taking?

Seb 05-24-2012 10:04 PM

Suck for Galchenyuk

le_sean 05-24-2012 10:04 PM

Sounded more like a joke.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 05-24-2012 10:05 PM

Are you kidding me? It was an obvious joke from Serge. Jesus guys. Cmon.

Boardish 05-24-2012 10:05 PM

The way he answered he was joking. I don't think it means anything at all to be honest.

LaurentHabs 05-24-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schooner Guy (Post 50116921)
Interesting. If Galchenyuk is in the mix, wouldn't the Habs want to see medical reports on his knee at Combine as well as how his knee responds to the various exercises? Also, teams conduct interviews at the Combine. Wouldn't they want to interview these kids before saying they know who they're taking?

I think the Interviews during the draft are more to confirm your initial thoughts. Correct me if I'm mistaken. But they (the scouts) already have a general idea on the players personality by talking to coaches, GMs and whatnot. Its more to put a final stamp on their pov

MXD 05-24-2012 10:06 PM

That's the kind of answer you give when there's no good or bad answer. That's it.

pine 05-24-2012 10:11 PM

One thing is for sure: the Gauthier era is over.

First Timmins speaks, now Boisvert. As a fan, I love it.

vokiel 05-24-2012 10:12 PM

It's a joke... this is a non issue.

e.g. he's trolling moose. ;)

Schooner Guy 05-24-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurentHabs (Post 50117011)
I think the Interviews during the draft are more to confirm your initial thoughts. Correct me if I'm mistaken. But they (the scouts) already have a general idea on the players personality by talking to coaches, GMs and whatnot. Its more to put a final stamp on their pov

You're absolutely correct but usually the final list (or stamp as you say) isn't finalized until after these interviews.

In any event, it appears as though he was joking. I didn't watch the interview....just read what was printed so I didn't have any sense of whether he was joking.

LaurentHabs 05-24-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schooner Guy (Post 50117235)
You're absolutely correct but usually the final list (or stamp as you say) isn't finalized until after these interviews.

In any event, it appears as though he was joking. I didn't watch the interview....just read what was printed so I didn't have any sense of whether he was joking.

Well, just before Dave asked him the question, he talked about Timmens, on how he was one of the best hes ever seen. The sort of clean sheet that he has when it comes to picking prospects (Meaning that the GM will trust him). So that was a sincere and interesting part of the interview.

But it didn't occur to me that it could of have been a joke since I listened to it once not really looking "outside of the box". I just posted this quickly :laugh:

Marc the Habs Fan 05-24-2012 10:20 PM

After watching that, I am not sure if it was a troll or not.

That said, Timmins made it clear when he was interviewed last Sunday that they still had lots of work ahead, so I doubt the list is finalized.

LyricalLyricist 05-24-2012 10:23 PM

What does Serge Boisvert do? I mean, I know he was a former hockey player but what does he do now? I don't know anything about him.

Myron Gaines* 05-24-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boardish (Post 50116995)
The way he answered he was joking. I don't think it means anything at all to be honest.

This

Marc the Habs Fan 05-24-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 50117483)
What does Serge Boisvert do? I mean, I know he was a former hockey player but what does he do now? I don't know anything about him.

Our QMJHL scout.

LyricalLyricist 05-24-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 50117525)
Our QMJHL scout.

I had no idea, thanks.

hototogisu 05-24-2012 10:29 PM

I'm pretty sure it was meant as a joke but even if not, there's not much of a story here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.